TEAM SHELBY FORUM

November Issue Road & Track Boss 302 Laguna Seca

Glenn Greenwell

The Paint Scheme & Execution  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the exterior paint & graphics

Those of you who have seen my posts hopefully will just let this go as me expressing a "just my thoughts" comment, but after looking at a picture of this Black and Orange Mustang Boss 302, I wonder who at the Ford Design Studio approved this garbage. This is by far the worst looking Mustang I have ever seen.

I have owned Mustangs and restored a couple with my son in my day and remember my first 66 when I was 17. This is one of the most poorly executed designs and paint schemes I have ever seen, The color combo is terrible the color around the grille looks out of place and the front air dam or whatever you call it looks like some type of after market junk from a aftermarket modification a ricer would buy.

The Road & Track article states the car is priced mid point between a GT and GT 500. I wouldn't take it or be caught dead in this package. This should have been a well executed Mustang with some GT 500 cues, like the front of the V-6 Dub Model, now that was a nice looking front bumber with driving lights.

Up until seeing this, I think I could have said, I've never seen a Mustang I didn't like. I am very dissapointed in this vehicle. I expected more from Ford. Okay I am finished, don't flame me to bad.

:censored: Good Grief........... GG

I got it from a good source, Ford has been hammered on the LS Boss paint schemes. They are being changed. They apparently thought that the "younger" market would appreciate the wild paint schemes. Problem is, as Ford found out, the target market won't be them at that price.

And I agree, it would be the "wildest" looking Mustang ever made. I mean wild !!!!!

Stay tuned, you'll see some changes and new colors coming. That's it for now.

Those of you who have seen my posts hopefully will just let this go as me expressing a "just my thoughts" comment, but after looking at a picture of this Black and Orange Mustang Boss 302, I wonder who at the Ford Design Studio approved this garbage. This is by far the worst looking Mustang I have ever seen.

I have owned Mustangs and restored a couple with my son in my day and remember my first 66 when I was 17. This is one of the most poorly executed designs and paint schemes I have ever seen, The color combo is terrible the color around the grille looks out of place and the front air dam or whatever you call it looks like some type of after market junk from a aftermarket modification a ricer would buy.

The Road & Track article states the car is priced mid point between a GT and GT 500. I wouldn't take it or be caught dead in this package. This should have been a well executed Mustang with some GT 500 cues, like the front of the V-6 Dub Model, now that was a nice looking front bumber with driving lights.

Up until seeing this, I think I could have said, I've never seen a Mustang I didn't like. I am very dissapointed in this vehicle. I expected more from Ford. Okay I am finished, don't flame me to bad.

Have to agree, butt ugly no matter how good the car is

Love the idea, performance and revival of the name........think the color combo stinks! That "target market" can be a funny thing. Yeah, the younger buyers love it, but can't afford it or afford the insurance for it. Leaves it to us "old" guys to have all the fun! lol

GG,

I would and have been unable to articulate those feelings about 'said' car. You, my friend , did it eliquently! I haven't been this disappointed in a Mustang since the '74 introduction.

I bet Ford would love to have this BOSS intro back.

BIKEBOY

I love the Black/Red Laguna Seca package. First thing I would change would be the rims to some nice lighter forged units. Those are the only issue to me color wise.

Still, 500 LS packages = :banghead:

+1

If I move away from the GT350, the LS is the leading choice for me.

Archived