TEAM SHELBY FORUM

INSTALLED: ARH LTs, H-pipe ,373s, VMP pulley and tune

2sharpie

Got the car back today...............The ARH LTs and H-pipe sound unbelievable with the Roush exhaust.........no real difference inside (maybe a bit louder) but when you punch it HOLY SHIT -its a monster. I had people stopping me on my way home just to scream how awesome the car sounds. I will try to have some videos up tomorrow. The gears and tune make this an absolutely different car. I can't believe this thing!!!!

Huge thanks to Justin at VMP and the guys at American Racing Headers!!!! . and the guys at EXCESSIVE MOTORSPORT!!

The Dyno sheet is attached.

post-25336-017895700 1286397610_thumb.jpg

post-25336-017895700 1286397610_thumb.jpg

Got the car back today...............The ARH LTs and H-pipe sound unbelievable with the Roush exhaust.........no real difference inside (maybe a bit louder) but when you punch it HOLY SHIT -its a monster. I had people stopping me on my way home just to scream how awesome the car sounds. I will try to have some videos up tomorrow. The gears and tune make this an absolutely different car. I can't believe this thing!!!!

Huge thanks to Justin at VMP and the guys at American Racing Headers!!!! ......... and the guys at EXCESSIVE MOTORSPORT!!

The Dyno sheet is attached.

wOW!! congrats---so you got all the HP gain from the pulley and tune??look foward to hearig/seeing the video

Sharpie, I also considered swapping my diff gears. Do you have any info in reprogramming the speedo? 1-2 shift must be like < 1 sec.

Can't wait for the vid's...

The reprogram was in the tune -- or if you have a shop/dealer install just the gears, they just do a quick flash of the computer........1-2 shift isnt THAT quick. It is a F'in MONSTER though............defintely glad I went with the 373s

Hopefully Videos will be up Friday or Saturday

DUDE, that's REDICULOUS LOUD! I'm assuming that's an O/R H-pipe right??? It sounds good and all, but WAY too loud for my liking. I'm glad I listened because I was about to buy a set of long tubes. If that's how loud it will be, I've just changed my mind... :headscratch:

DUDE, that's REDICULOUS LOUD! I'm assuming that's an O/R H-pipe right??? It sounds good and all, but WAY too loud for my liking. I'm glad I listened because I was about to buy a set of long tubes. If that's how loud it will be, I've just changed my mind... :headscratch:

I'm thinking high flow catted H-pipe and Roush deletes. Might skip on the long tubes.

Phillies suck.

Go Phillies! :jackinbox:

I'm thinking high flow catted H-pipe and Roush deletes. Might skip on the long tubes.

Go Phillies! :jackinbox:

Hahaha......I thought some guys would think that. It's only LOUD when you punch it.............but I believe its because of the Roush O/R axle back (muffler delete). Its a catted H-pipe...and sounds so much better than the X - but definitely will wake the dead when you get on it. If you stay with stock mufflers, or any mufflers it will be a lot more quiet on WOT. But man does it sound like an old school muscle car - I considered doing some type of muffler, but after my oldest brother drove it, he said "F no.......that is absolutely perfect. Sound like the cars from the 60's and 70's!"

Hahaha......I thought some guys would think that. It's only LOUD when you punch it.......

Nooo, not too loud! :salute: Your setup sounds fantastic! I only have 2 concerns. First the cost of the LT and installation. I won't be doing that myself and to pay someone to do it isn't a huge bang-for-the-buck mod. And 2nd, in the vid there is a slight "banging on a tin shed wall" sound on WOT. Seems LTs make sound that no matter what the setup is. Is that deeper in person? Definitely less prevalent than in other setups, though. Overall, I like it! :rockon:

Man that car sounds SICK! When I get my 500, I am definatly putting on a Roush Catback. I'm still trying to think if I want to go with mufflers or muffler deletes. I don't want to be too loud. I might also set it up with a JBA long tubes system, but definatly catted H all the way. Maybe cutouts behind the H pipe, I'll wait and see. :shift:

But still, that thing sounds SICK! Definatly like a 60s or 70s car. :peelout:

Nooo, not too loud! :salute: Your setup sounds fantastic! I only have 2 concerns. First the cost of the LT and installation. I won't be doing that myself and to pay someone to do it isn't a huge bang-for-the-buck mod. And 2nd, in the vid there is a slight "banging on a tin shed wall" sound on WOT. Seems LTs make sound that no matter what the setup is. Is that deeper in person? Definitely less prevalent than in other setups, though. Overall, I like it! :rockon:

Thanks a lot!! Definitely glad I went with the Long Tubes...if I wanted a quiet car I'd get a Prius! Not sure about the cost of install.......since I had a bunch of things done at once, but I'm thinking its probably about $400-$500 (just a guess). As far as the "tin shed" noise, it IS deeper in person, and it's really only for a split sec when you crack it open -- but DAMN is it worth it!!! I'll try and get some better videos...........was thinking about eventually getting a GoPro HD to hook up to the outside of the car.

Keep your stock mufflers, and the noise will be fine. Phillies suck.

Yeah they suck real good don't they .... Suck so good they just held the best hitting team in the league to a .116 average and swept them in 3 games easily.... :hysterical:

It does sound really good, I didn't mean to come off as I thought it sounded bad, I just don't know if I could deal with it being that loud on a long cruise. I really want to do a set of LT's over the winter and I really want this car to sound better than it does now, but not at the cost of having it loaded with cabin drone or giving you a headache after a couple hour drive.

Yeah they suck real good don't they .... Suck so good they just held the best hitting team in the league to a .116 average and swept them in 3 games easily.... :hysterical:

It does sound really good, I didn't mean to come off as I thought it sounded bad, I just don't know if I could deal with it being that loud on a long cruise. I really want to do a set of LT's over the winter and I really want this car to sound better than it does now, but not at the cost of having it loaded with cabin drone or giving you a headache after a couple hour drive.

I agree with the long cruise giving you a headache........but honestly, there is no drone at all. The sound is definitely deeper (thanks to the H-pipe) and a bit louder (LTs and the Roush), but it only sounds like a monster when you mash it. I would say absolutely do the LongTubes---just if you want it quieter, make sure you go with some type of muffler instead of the deletes like I did. I did a lot of "testing" to make sure I could live with it (and not attract too much attention from my fellow LEOs), and when you drive "normally" it just sounds like it really should -- On my first video, after my intial run from the camera and on the way back, I tried to drive "normal" so you can hear that its not that loud at all with normal shifting. But it is VERY difficult to restrain mashing it and laughing the whole time!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Hahaha......I thought some guys would think that. It's only LOUD when you punch it.............but I believe its because of the Roush O/R axle back (muffler delete). Its a catted H-pipe...and sounds so much better than the X - but definitely will wake the dead when you get on it. If you stay with stock mufflers, or any mufflers it will be a lot more quiet on WOT. But man does it sound like an old school muscle car - I considered doing some type of muffler, but after my oldest brother drove it, he said "F no.......that is absolutely perfect. Sound like the cars from the 60's and 70's!"

Ive got an old school muscle car and it doesnt sound that good--the old days it was either cherry bombs or cut-outs,of course no cats

Archived