TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got The Trunk Lid Liner!

09KR0058

The FedEx Santa visited this morning. Got my autographed trunk lid liner!

TrunkLiner-1.jpg

It came with a bag of the new plugs (can't remember what these are called!)

LinerPlug.jpg

I know there is a special tool to pry the old liner off. Looks like a putty knife with a "V" slot in the middle of the tip. I'd rather not go that route, since I don't want to take any chances of scratching the paint. I'm thinking about using the two tools at the top of the first picture; curved-tip hemostats to lift the plug up just enough to get the tongs on each side of the old plug and just pull straight out. Any other ideas?

Edited by 09KR0058

...I know there is a special tool to pry the old liner off. Looks like a putty knife with a "V" slot in the middle of the tip. I'd rather not go that route, since I don't want to take any chances of scratching the paint. I'm thinking about using the two tools at the top of the first picture; curved-tip hemostats to lift the plug up just enough to get the tongs on each side of the old plug and just pull straight out. Any other ideas?

Put some electrical tape on the underside of your door panel remover tool and use it (the putty knife with the V). If you're careful, that should work fine.

The FedEx Santa visited this morning. Got my autographed trunk lid liner!

TrunkLiner-1.jpg

It came with a bag of the new plugs (can't remember what these are called!)

LinerPlug.jpg

I know there is a special tool to pry the old liner off. Looks like a putty knife with a "V" slot in the middle of the tip. I'd rather not go that route, since I don't want to take any chances of scratching the paint. I'm thinking about using the two tools at the top of the first picture; curved-tip hemostats to lift the plug up just enough to get the tongs on each side of the old plug and just pull straight out. Any other ideas?

Nice, wish I had had the KR to go with it. Want to do the same with my SGT. Please post a completed pic when all done. Will look super.