TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for info on 07SGT1348

Marv

Just bought my new 2007 Shelby GT and was looking for information on it from the first owner since I bought it from a dealer. Such as what dealership it came from and such. It is 07SGT1348 , performance white and a automatic. I did register it and seen that it was previously registered here also. Any help would be appreciated, thanks,Marv

Marv,

Welcome!

I did a search for anyone that had a member name with 1348 or any mention of "1348" in the forums but came up empty on the name and a few hits that were not a CSM on the forums. So no luck there.

I would think that who ever sold may no longer be here since they sold the car but you never know!

Good luck!

-Jeff

Marv, I think that Roger Sorel or other at Shelby Autos may be able to give some history on the car. Also I wonder if CarFax can provide info as well?

Do you know what dealer in New York it originally came from?

Just bought my new 2007 Shelby GT and was looking for information on it from the first owner since I bought it from a dealer. Such as what dealership it came from and such. It is 07SGT1348 , performance white and a automatic. I did register it and seen that it was previously registered here also. Any help would be appreciated, thanks,Marv

Marv

Your car was previously registered to an owner from New York. It was shipped from Shelby American to E.J. Barrette & Sons towards the end of March 2007.

Steve

Marv,

Now that you know the original selling dealership, you might be able to contact them for some more detailed information...

Were you able to pull up the e-Invoice using your VIN and the website I e-mailed you the other day?

That is always a good place to start since you aren't the original owner... Good Luck with your search!

Gregg

07SGT0547

WOW, just got home from picking up the car and have it home! Thanks to everyone for all the help with the info. Too tired after the long drive back to post pics right now. Took some pics and will post all tomorow. We love it and it looks as good as described. Ran like a top the whole way home. Still can't believe all the info that was found!

Ok, here is what I found this morning after going thru the owners manual. I found a salesmans card from Chatham Ford in MA. So not sure if the car was sold as mentioned earlier at Barrettes or the Chatham Ford dealership. Did also find that he had the passenger visor signed by Carrol Shelby on 9/20/07. It also had the Shelby Gt supplement book. I also found the previous owners name an have to come up with a way to locate him. Getting ready to go clean the car and will post some pics under a new thread. thanks,Marv

Ok, here is what I found this morning after going thru the owners manual. I found a salesmans card from Chatham Ford in MA. So not sure if the car was sold as mentioned earlier at Barrettes or the Chatham Ford dealership. Did also find that he had the passenger visor signed by Carrol Shelby on 9/20/07. It also had the Shelby Gt supplement book. I also found the previous owners name an have to come up with a way to locate him. Getting ready to go clean the car and will post some pics under a new thread. thanks,Marv

Marv

My previous post stated that the car was shipped to E.J. Barrette & Sons. It is always possible that this car was involved in a dealer trade or perhaps the previous owner was car shopping at Chatham Ford. Any Ford dealership service department will be able to tell you who the selling dealership was, especially if you bring the car in for say an oil change.

Steve

OK , here is what I found out, I called Barrette's dealership in Vermont and spoke with a real nice lady. I told her what I was looking for and she immediately asked me if the car was white. I told her yes. She told me that she has worked for the dealership for a long time and doesn't forget anything. She said the dealership received four 07 Shelby GT's, two black and 2 white. She said the dealership made a big event when they recieved all four cars in a enclosed trailer. One white automatic and one black automatic was in the truck. She said both automatics sold first, which shocked her. She then said they dealer traded the white automatic to Chatham Ford, near Cape Cod.

Now I had in my owners manual the Chatham dealers number along with a salesman card. Also had the previous owners name. So I called Chatham Ford and luckliy the salesman still worked there. He also was a fantastic guy. He remebered the owners name right away and believed he still had his cell phone number and office number. He said he would call him and see if he would call me and that he believed he would since he was a big car guy also. Sure enough within the hour he called me. WOW, I must be lucky. I need to buy a lottery ticket. The previous owner was a good as guy as I could get. He still has the window sticker and numerous other items he would be willing to give me. He also said the story was correct on how he got the car. He said actually he was on vacation by Cape Cod and went into Chatham Ford after seeing a Shelby on there lot, he wanted to buy but it was being raffled off and was not for sale. The salesman asked him if he found one before his vacation was over would he buy it. He said yes, and thats how it came from Barrette Ford. He said he drove it back to his home in Long Island.

He is giving me a list of everything that has been done to the car. I will be posting them also on a new thread later when I post the pictures. thanks for everyones help!

• 4 weeks later...