TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT - Hood

Has any owner of a 2007 or 2008 Shelby GT swapped out their original Hood for an aftermarket one? If so, any pics?

I like the factory Shelby GT Hoodscoop but being non-functional is irritating and considering changing the hood. And yes I read about some of you making it functional but concerned if I drill some holes in the faux plastic insert the extra air might just rip it off and right into the windshield. :fool:

Has any owner of a 2007 or 2008 Shelby GT swapped out their original Hood for an aftermarket one? If so, any pics?

I like the factory Shelby GT Hoodscoop but being non-functional is irritating and considering changing the hood. And yes I read about some of you making it functional but concerned if I drill some holes in the faux plastic insert the extra air might just rip it off and right into the windshield. :fool:

Several Team Shelby members have purchased the Shelby "deep draw" hood that is used on the Terlinguas. It is functional and looks similar to the hoods used on the Shelby GT-Hs. There has been several pictures and posts on the Forum.

You can always replace the faux rivets with longer ones that screw right into the hood itself... With 25 attachment points, I highly doubt that what little air does go under a functional scoop would be enough force to rip it off...

A long time ago, when we were going to versions 2 thru 6 of the replacement scoops, I did this myself for less than $15... Hasn't moved a bit...

post-8727-066203300 1286210144_thumb.jpg

post-8727-075494300 1286210145_thumb.jpg

post-8727-035970500 1286210143_thumb.jpg

post-8727-089653200 1286210146_thumb.jpg

Gregg

07SGT0547

You can always replace the faux rivets with longer ones that screw right into the hood itself... With 25 attachment points, I highly doubt that what little air does go under a functional scoop would be enough force to rip it off...

A long time ago, when we were going to versions 2 thru 6 of the replacement scoops, I did this myself for less than $15... Hasn't moved a bit...

Before.JPG

During.JPG

After.JPG

Judge.JPG

Gregg

07SGT0547

thx

I don't know about the scoop on the Shelby cars but a couple of friends took the filler piece out of the scoops on their 2001-2 GTs and the scoops split down the middle from air pressure. They ended up putting a small sheetmetal support between the center of the scoop and the hood. Might not be as much of an issue with the scoops on the Shelbys since the scoop is narrower.

Just became a proud owner last wednesday night!

I just purchased mine used, and the hood was already changed and I do not have the original :fool: But here is the Cervinis hood that is on mine, I am getting used to it!

1044675092_MNZ3n-M.jpg

Several Team Shelby members have purchased the Shelby "deep draw" hood that is used on the Terlinguas. It is functional and looks similar to the hoods used on the Shelby GT-Hs. There has been several pictures and posts on the Forum.

I think these are THE hoods to get, or the CS 6/8 hoods, all of which are part of the car's and Shelby history.

Anything else is just another hood.

IMHO!

Anybody got pictures of the hood scoops people did with riv-nuts?

I remember that being very cool...

Jer

I think these are THE hoods to get, or the CS 6/8 hoods, all of which are part of the car's and Shelby history.

Anything else is just another hood.

IMHO!

I was thinking the CS6 hood would look great, just hard to decide where to spend money first...looks or performance...I'm like a kid in a candy store right now :)

I guess that is a good problem to have, just need to figure out how to make more money for this addiction!

I was thinking the CS6 hood would look great, just hard to decide where to spend money first...looks or performance...I'm like a kid in a candy store right now :)

I guess that is a good problem to have, just need to figure out how to make more money for this addiction!

Welcome to the forum. If you have not already please register your car in the Shelby American Registry. You can follow the link in my signature. If you need assistance I am here to help.

Congrats on your new ride. :happy feet: If I was you I would hurry and get a blower installed on that motor, so it would be closer to being as fast as the black cars. :hysterical:

Chris

I just purchased mine used, and the hood was already changed and I do not have the original :fool: But here is the Cervinis hood that is on mine, I am getting used to it!

1044675092_MNZ3n-M.jpg

looks good but looks naked without the Stripes.. maybe leaning towards trying something else as I like the 65 GT350 'like' hoodscoop but the non functional just says 'cheap' on here and we all know these are not cheap!

Congrats on your new ride. :happy feet: If I was you I would hurry and get a blower installed on that motor, so it would be closer to being as fast as the black cars. :hysterical:

Chris

Yeah, the black cars are hard to catch! White, Blue, and Orange haven't been able to do it yet. :shift:

Welcome to the forum. If you have not already please register your car in the Shelby American Registry. You can follow the link in my signature. If you need assistance I am here to help.

Chris

Thats funny, I was just trying to tell my wife we needed to get the supercharger ordered...now I have a real good excuse :hysterical:

Thats funny, I was just trying to tell my wife we needed to get the supercharger ordered...now I have a real good excuse :hysterical:

Tell her before you get the supercharger. Sending the car off to be supercharged with out telling her could be hazardous to your health. I'm just saying. Friend to Friend. :D

1044675092_MNZ3n-M.jpg

I looks well cared for!

I'm personally not too keen on the hood, the missing stripes, or the missing tri-bar horse emblem in the grill, but again I'm all about the car and a purist of sorts I guess so ignore me!

I see they also painted the lower front fascia like the "P" car which I'm cool with and thought of doing myself. I think if I had I would have added the silver lower grill like this. Instead I added the black lower grill to make it a nice clean look underneath that matched.

All in all a nice car! Enjoy!

Will the 07-09 Shelby Super Snake hood fit the Shelby GT's?

Gregg-were you able to drill and tap holes same as original front 2 holes were done for all remaining 23 holes? Did you run tap through scoop threads and into hood? That is what I have planned to do to mount my replacement scoop. Seems logical if front 2 were done this way why not all? I ordered original long bolts from Shelby to do this. This seems like a better option than rivet bolts (not necessary) and definitely rivets if you want to keep it original. Thanks.

Gregg

07SGT0547

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious if anyone knows the answer? Fit or NO fit?

Like Bill said, it will physically bolt right up, but you need a GT500 front fascia for any GT500 hood.

Make the scoop functional and call it a day, in my opinion. Good luck.

Archived