TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whats the best HiFlow cat setup

genesmob

Would high flow cats be too loud with slp loud mouths? I know it's just opinions but it's worth asking I reckon

I have the high flow cats with the Corsa 14311's (Sport) and it's very loud on start-up and for the first few miles. It does calm down somewhat after a few miles. I believe the loudmouths are a muffler delete exhaust, so I would expect it to be pretty loud.

As all this is great info and way too technical for me-I would like to get the sound of the yesteryear muscle cars. Don't intend to track so what would the recommendation be? You know what I mean-the sound of the pipes that made my neighbors ask my folks if my husband to be would shut off the 68 GTO when he brought me home! We still chuckle about that 40+ years later!

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Just bought an 07 Gt500.

Do I need to recalibrate if I change to a muffler delete or performance muffler.

thanks

Nope.

Long-tube headers, 'yes', otherwise 'no'.

In fact, you only need a tune when there is a significant change in the incoming air (open filter, large MAF diameter, larger throttle body, smaller supercharger pulley, etc) or with long-tube headers as i mentioned above.

and congrats!

Archived