TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whats the best HiFlow cat setup

genesmob

High flows will be louder. Don't know which are best I have the A/R set up and mine runs just fine, no issues..

Ive had a TVS with a 2.65 pulley and a 67mm TB with a VMP tune this summer. It runs flawless. I have a fully stock exhaust now. Will hi flow cats make it a lot louder, is there a good hp gain and which are the best ones to get?

You can get lethals high flow cats and run the stock mufflers for 2007 tthru 2009 and the exhuast sound sounds stock inside of the car. It is just a little louder when the car is idling and it sounds good. Not loud at all and want attract attention as you go down the road. I have this setup.

You can get lethals high flow cats and run the stock mufflers for 2007 tthru 2009 and the exhuast sound sounds stock inside of the car. It is just a little louder when the car is idling and it sounds good. Not loud at all and want attract attention as you go down the road. I have this setup.

Does it have a raspy sound with high flow cats and what brand? 428cj

I think hes talking about Lethals own hi flow cat setup that I think uses Dynamax cats. Thanks for the help.

Correct-it is lethal's high flow cats. It does not have a raspy sound if you use the stock mufflers in conjunction with the high flow cats.

Is there any noticeable power difference with hiflow cats and stock mufflers vs stock cats?

Yes there is a BIG noticable difference with the hi flow cats. I pick up about 20 horsepower with the hi flow. I have mods with the stock ported blower and I am making about 630 hp.

I think hes talking about Lethals own hi flow cat setup that I think uses Dynamax cats. Thanks for the help.

The Lethal high flow catted x-pipe uses the Magnaflow Short Center Spun Metallic Cats.

I love mine but when i put the KR mufflers on, damn it sounded like a top fuel dragster. The KR's had to go and now I am back to the stock mufflers. It's a sleeper now until someone has seen me run very low 11's in the 1/4.

Lethal Performance 07-09 GT500 Catted X-Pipe

Features:

Mandrel Bent Aluminized Steel

High Flow Metallic Spun Cats by Magnaflow

Bolts up to your Stock Manifolds and Over Axle Pipes

No Cutting or Welding Needed

Increased HP and Torque

2.5" Diameter Tubing

Hardware Included

This pipe was designed for the GT500 owner who isn't looking for an extremely loud car but is wants improved sound and performance over the stock catted mid-pipe. Our 07-10 GT500 High Flow Catted X-pipe is made with mandrel bent aluminized steel.The best part about our catted X is that we use a set of Magnaflow Short Center Spun Metallic Cats. If you aren't familiar with these cats they're without a doubt some of the highest quality and best performing cats on the market. They use a metallic substrate for maximum flow and enhanced durability. They're also 49 state legal.

If you have any questions about the Lethal Performance GT500 offroad X-pipe please feel free to give us a call.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/07-09-shelby-gt500-exhaust-mid-pipes-lethal-performance-c-2052_2057_6829_7658/lethal-performance-07-09-gt500-high-flow-catted-x-pipe-p-30350

I tried a lot of different systems. I now run the new stainless steel Flowmasters, No cats, Dynomax race mufflers. and it sounds absolutely awesome. Couldn't be any happier. It sounds just like the old 5.0's, but meaner. When i get it back together I'll do a rear bumper cam video.

Anyone using the JBA midpipes? http://www.jbaheaders.com/feature_pages/07GT500.asp

I'm running the JBA-6695-SJS silver ceramic coated 1 3/4" long tubes with JBA-6696-SXC 3" X-pipe w/high flow cats and JBA-40-2635-1 3" cat back system w/4" Shelby by JBA tips and JBA specific chambered mufflers for that system. Perfect sounding system with absolutely NO drone. At WOT though you definetly know that it's a performance exhaust. I would highly recommend this system to anyone contemplating headers with a full 3" exhaust! I should make note though that I had to purchase the JBA-40-2635-1 cat back from Shelby DIRECTLY since no one else was licensed to sell that at the time. That was back in April '08.

Yes there is a BIG noticable difference with the hi flow cats. I pick up about 20 horsepower with the hi flow. I have mods with the stock ported blower and I am making about 630 hp.

Did you still run stock manifolds, and did you dyno before and after to determine those results? Which catted pipe are you using?

• 2 weeks later...

Did you still run stock manifolds, and did you dyno before and after to determine those results? Which catted pipe are you using?

No dyno after installing of the hi-flow cats. It dyno 608 hp and 609 tq with the stock exhaust system. Tune and dyno done by VMP. I estimated 630 at the rear wheels. I know this estimate is very close.

I still run stock manifolds. I did switch to SVT1's mufflers hoping to pick up 3 to 5 horsepower. It is a little louder than stock mufflers. I can not tell by the seat of the pants if this made any more power.

I have the Magnaflow x-pipe with the cats and they will significantly increase your horse power with out a extreme increase in loudness in your exhaust and will add 15-25 RWHP depending on your set-up over the stock X-pipe. The magnaflow spun cats are the best in the industry and can handle 650-750 Rwhp without ever melting the cats internals. The lethal 2.5 x-pipe with the maganaflow spun cats will make you a very sweet soundind system with RWHP. SEE MY SIGNATURE AND LOOK AT MY GT500 CONVERTIBLES EXHAUST SYSTEM.

Scotty

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm running the JBA-6695-SJS silver ceramic coated 1 3/4" long tubes with JBA-6696-SXC 3" X-pipe w/high flow cats and JBA-40-2635-1 3" cat back system w/4" Shelby by JBA tips and JBA specific chambered mufflers for that system. Perfect sounding system with absolutely NO drone. At WOT though you definetly know that it's a performance exhaust. I would highly recommend this system to anyone contemplating headers with a full 3" exhaust! I should make note though that I had to purchase the JBA-40-2635-1 cat back from Shelby DIRECTLY since no one else was licensed to sell that at the time. That was back in April '08.

I have the same set up through Quantum Performance around the same time. I am also very happy.

I just put on the full ss magnaflo hi flo cats this weekend....running thru corsa sport mufflers. Initially it was a bit shrill and raspy...but after a couple hundred miles has mellowed nicely......no drone in the passenger compartment, but decently loud outside behind the car.....really enjoying going up thru the gears. I would caution about going with anything less than stainless steel for longevity.

I also changed tranny fluid to Mobil 1 full synthetic...makes a world of difference for a low price (4 qts x $9).......don't let anyone tell you not to do it or that its the wrong type of fluid.....almost no rollover noise, and never any syncro resistance in any type of condition.

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/badcatjohn/?action=view&current=4e9e9f1b.mp4

Anyone using the JBA midpipes? http://www.jbaheaders.com/feature_pages/07GT500.asp

I have that mid pipe sitting here with the JBA 3" catback waiting to be installed this Saturday. It has the 2.5" inlet for the stock exhaust manifolds, but increases to 3" immediately after the cat. This is also the original "Super Snake" 3" catback (JBA-40-2635-1), so it has chambered mufflers, unlike the normal JBA mufflers.

I will add that the JBA-40-2635-1 system is no longer available through the Shelby Store. They are sold out.

I have magnaflow high flow cats, and let's just say they didn't like my car, and I'm along around 565-585 whp

c2aedf24.jpg

...is there any chance that might by physical damage from the factory? something just does not look right about the damage....and many are using these at a whole bunch more hp.

I have the Magnaflow x-pipe with the cats and they will significantly increase your horse power with out a extreme increase in loudness in your exhaust and will add 15-25 RWHP depending on your set-up over the stock X-pipe. The magnaflow spun cats are the best in the industry and can handle 650-750 Rwhp without ever melting the cats internals. The lethal 2.5 x-pipe with the maganaflow spun cats will make you a very sweet soundind system with RWHP. SEE MY SIGNATURE AND LOOK AT MY GT500 CONVERTIBLES EXHAUST SYSTEM.

Scotty

I'm not so sure this is the case (melting issue). I have the Lethal catted x-pipe with the Magnaflow spun cats, but found this thread a couple of days ago. Thought you guys might be interested. Food for thought.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/766070-high-flow-cat-issue-please-help-asap.html

Please disreguard, I should have looked at the entire thread. My Bad

• 1 year later...

Archived