TEAM SHELBY FORUM

No Deadliest Catch this season?

I know there are lots of fans on this site.

The Hillstrand brothers are getting sued by the Discovery Channel for breach of contract for 3 million dollars for not fulfilling their end of a deal to make a spin off of the show.

In retaliation the Hillstrands along with Capt. Sig and Capt. Keith have quit the show.

I hope they kiss and make up before the crab season starts I hate having to reprogram my DVR.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_deadliest

The Hillstrand brothers are getting sued by the Discovery Channel for breach of contract for 3 million dollars for not fulfilling their end of a deal to make a spin off of the show.

In retaliation the Hillstrands along with Capt. Sig and Capt. Keith have quit the show.

I hope they kiss and make up before the crab season starts I hate having to reprogram my DVR.

I agree it's better than most shows that are on the tube...It all boils down to greed on what side God

only knows butt I'll bet it all has to do with... MONEY...

Without them I predict that if it goes for another season it will be the last. We watched it for the personalities. I'm not saying they couldn't find some interesting people but the group of captains is pretty close knit. The blood will be bad everywhere and if so they may have problems signing up new boats.

So, just to be clear, these guys said "no" to 3 million dollars right? That's what happened....... here's 3 million dollars so we can film you work....... and the answer was "no".

Perhaps a good "suing" wouldn't hurt.

QSS

So, just to be clear, these guys said "no" to 3 million dollars right? That's what happened....... here's 3 million dollars so we can film you work....... and the answer was "no".

Perhaps a good "suing" wouldn't hurt.

QSS

I think they were just getting tired of having everything they do filmed. I was thinking about it myself last night and I would say "let us be alone for a few years now".

I think they were just getting tired of having everything they do filmed. I was thinking about it myself last night and I would say "let us be alone for a few years now".

You know for $30 K i could understand, really understand. For THREE FREAKIN MILLION DOLLRAS, I just don't see it. It's not like these guys are swimming in green to the point where they can say "hey, don't need the cash and I really don't need the invasion of my life for some chump change".

I really don't see these guys being long on money, spare time and retirement security to the point of blowing off THREE FREAKIN MILLION DOLLARS (oh wait, I just said that didn't I).

Besides, if they agreed to do the show, they should do the honorable thing, man up, and keep their world. It's really the only honorable thing to do. Having said that, I only have like, 1% of the story so who knows what the real deal is.

QSS

They can film me at work for a million five. :lurk:

I was told you don't work!!!

:hysterical:

Season 7 will start filming mid-october and will feature Harris's son's.

Season 7 will start filming mid-october and will feature Harris's son's.

After Capt. Phil died the boat was going to be sold, the sons couldn't afford it.

I think who ever bought the boat wants or demanded the boat be in the show $$$$$$.

http://www.mynorthwest.com/category/local_news_articles/20100714/Captain-Phil%27s-sons-may-lose-boat/

JMO

Archived