TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bad wheel hop in my 2008 GT500

dingo2008

Who else has had this issue and did new upper and lower control arms fix it? Which brand does every one prefer, I'm thinking of Steeda ones? Can hardly excerlerate with out it hopping and does the GT500 have a locker rear end or a limited slip

The 500 has a limited slip rear end.

I swapped out my rear LCA's only and it got rid of my wheel hop. I used the ones from BMR with the poly bushings. They have been on my car for 2 years now and no problems. Don't forget to turn "off" the traction control when you want to do a burn off. Here's some photo's of mine.

Ramps016.jpg

Ramps015.jpg

BMRbrakeclips004.jpg

WheelHoppgone-BMRLCA020.jpg

WheelHoppgone-BMRLCA018.jpg

WheelHoppgone-BMRLCA015.jpg

WheelHoppgone-BMRLCA003.jpg

WheelHoppgone-BMRLCA002.jpg

WheelHoppgone-BMRLCA001.jpg

thanks and you know what I'm an idiot and didn't have traction control off so I'm sure that made it worse, just got her friday got rid of my vista blue GT for a vista blue GT500. Love this car soo much better, another thing though is I had just under a half a tank of gas and my low fuel less than 50 mile light came on. Might have to take it back to the dealership and find out why that is, shouldnt come on till close to empty on the gauge. I filled it up when it had 40 miles till empty and only took 10 gallons to fill the car. Good thing it's under warrenty cause passenger door handle doesn't spring back in all the way either.

Both of you that posted picks your axle and the steel brackets the lower control arms are nice and black, mine is a Fl car and they must not have painted it well so it has surface rust on it just like my GT had. Did you sand them off and repaint them your selves?

Mine was rusty too... I used por-15 on it...

Both of you that posted picks your axle and the steel brackets the lower control arms are nice and black, mine is a Fl car and they must not have painted it well so it has surface rust on it just like my GT had. Did you sand them off and repaint them your selves?

Until Late in the 2010 model year, NONE of the GT500's had painted rear ends.

I'm in the process of painting mine right now. I went to the extreame and pulled my rear axle out of the car. Last night I used Navel Jelly on it to kill all the rust. I blew it off with compressed air and today I'll be putting a good coat of Rustoliem <sp?> primer on it and then a couple of coats of semi gloss black paint.

I'm STILL waiting for my Ford Racing FR3 handling pack to get here so I can put the rear axle back in the car and start on the front.

Rather than the BMR box type lower arms or the billet type, I went with Roush adjustable lower (tubes with heim joints) control arms and Roush adjustable upper control arm (3rd link) and Roush adjustable bracket. For a panhard, I did get the Shelby (BMR) adjustable (also a tube but with neopreame bushings) panhard bar to center the axle in the car after I drop her with the FR3 springs.

There's a millon ways to skin that cat on a Shelby. The list of suppliers is endless. If I were going purely for looks, I'd use those anodized billet arms like in the photo above. Those look SO nice. I chose function over form as opposed to form over function (I want the ability to ADJUST my rear axle, however I want).

But to get that "black" color on your rear axle...YOU will have to do it, or have it done. Or buy a 2011 and it'll already be done! :hysterical3:

The choice is yours,

Phill

Archived