TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Correct Size

I am getting new drilled rotors for my Shelby. I am not sure on this but is the rotors on the Shelby 14 inches or do you order stock GT rotors? Sorry for such a newbie question here but I wasnt really sure

Ford Specs on dimensions:

Base Brake Rotor (SGT) 316 (12.44") mm outer Diameter by 30 mm thick

Base caliper is a twin 43 mm piston design

GT500 Rotor 355 (13.98") mm by 32 mm

GT500 is a 4 piston (opposed piston or fixed caliper) 40/44 mm diameter pistons.

Wheels have to be different with more room between outer rotor surface and the spokes of the wheel. You have to clear the pistons on the outboard side of the rotor. I keep wrestling with this to get 18" wheels so I can upgrade brake down the road.

Hope this helps.

Tom

(Edit - Put rotor diameters in inches - I work daily with metric system on rotors)

^^ Thank you.. I have 18 inch Foose black Nitrous wheels now im not sure if I could upgrade the brakes and they clear though. I have the caliber covers on now in black with the snake on them they look nice but would look better with cross drilled rotors IMO.

^^ Thank you.. I have 18 inch Foose black Nitrous wheels now im not sure if I could upgrade the brakes and they clear though. I have the caliber covers on now in black with the snake on them they look nice but would look better with cross drilled rotors IMO.

As you have wheels and do not mind taking one off you can check with attached files. Suggest using something stiffer than cardboard. Quarter inch masonite is my suggestion.

AP4150R_profile fitment.pdf

AP4400_profile fitment.pdf

Shelby Plus front fitment.pdf

Templates can get you to range of caliper upgrade you can do with you wheel. I looked at the Foose but was not sure. Trouble with wheel data is that they do not make profiles available and are not real clear on what fits when they say they fit bigger brakes.

Like to see pictures if you do not mind.

Tom

AP4150R_profile fitment.pdf

AP4400_profile fitment.pdf

Shelby Plus front fitment.pdf

Archived