TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mothers Foaming All Wheel & Tire Cleaner

J&DGT500

ive used it for a while--ive tried several wheel cleaners,and this seems to work the best,ie it just sprays on and you wash off most of the brake dust with a hose.I also use the new Armor All protectant on the wheels too afer theyre cleaned --it puts a kind of clear on the wheels, so the brake dust doesnt adhere as much, and what does, you can get off with a Cailfornia Duster pretty easily

It's ok...

But once you go Sonax you will never go back. This is the best wheel cleaner out there, period. I don't say that very often but in this case it's an easy statement to make.

http://www.sonaxusa.com/Products/DIY-Car-Care/Wheel-Tire-Care/230200-SONAX-Wheel-Cleaner

Many places carry the entire Sonax line just so they can sell the wheel cleaner. It goes on green and reacts with all the crap on your wheels and it makes it look as if your rims are bleeding. It's one of a kind and works like nothing else...no scrubbing required.

I'm surprised to hear that everyone feels the need to use a wheel cleaner. I haven't much dirt on my wheels to speak of. They stay relatively clean and I just wash them with the normal car wash soap.

Give Sonax a shot and see how much garbage comes off your wheels even though they look clean right now. It will react with and remove all of the brake dust on the hub and on the backsides of the wheel..it's pretty amazing how much crap is actually there.

It's ok...

But once you go Sonax you will never go back. This is the best wheel cleaner out there, period. I don't say that very often but in this case it's an easy statement to make.

http://www.sonaxusa.com/Products/DIY-Car-Care/Wheel-Tire-Care/230200-SONAX-Wheel-Cleaner

Many places carry the entire Sonax line just so they can sell the wheel cleaner. It goes on green and reacts with all the crap on your wheels and it makes it look as if your rims are bleeding. It's one of a kind and works like nothing else...no scrubbing required.

Thanks for the link!

It's ok...

How do the other Sonax products perform? The Nano wax and dash cleaner look interesting.

Well went to the local AutoZone tonight, no Sonax so I did end up getting the Mothers, at least for now. I will be looking around to see if can find the Sonax however to give that a try as well.

While on this topic, anybody have a car wash or wax the prefer?

Well went to the local AutoZone tonight, no Sonax so I did end up getting the Mothers, at least for now. I will be looking around to see if can find the Sonax however to give that a try as well.

Meguires techwax 2.0 I think was the most commonly agreed upon wax although there are people who swear by more expensive brands.

Wash. Clay bar and quick dealer. Two coats of NXT tech wax, then a finishing coat of Meg No. 26 yellow wax. Paint looks 10 feet deep and the color is amazing.

How do the other Sonax products perform? The Nano wax and dash cleaner look interesting.

I use the dash cleaner and it's very good. Not glossy and it does a good job of staying clean.

I know I've said it twice in this thread but I'll say it again. You guys HAVE to try the wheel cleaner. I rarely ever recommend a product because things generally come down to personal preference especially in regards to waxes, washes and other car products but the Sonax wheel cleaner is the one, bar none.

One thing I did forget to mention...it smells really bad when it first goes on. Not chemical bad more like pile of rotting fish bad. I would suggest not trying to sniff it(although now everyone will because that's just human nature). The smell goes away as the product starts reacting.

I use the dash cleaner and it's very good. Not glossy and it does a good job of staying clean.

I know I've said it twice in this thread but I'll say it again. You guys HAVE to try the wheel cleaner. I rarely ever recommend a product because things generally come down to personal preference especially in regards to waxes, washes and other car products but the Sonax wheel cleaner is the one, bar none.

One thing I did forget to mention...it smells really bad when it first goes on. Not chemical bad more like pile of rotting fish bad. I would suggest not trying to sniff it(although now everyone will because that's just human nature). The smell goes away as the product starts reacting.

Must have sulfuric acid in it to smell that way--does it say it on the bottle??

Must have sulfuric acid in it to smell that way--does it say it on the bottle??

No, it doesn't have ANY acid and it's safe for any finish. I don't know what the stink comes from but it's definately not chemical smell. Something in it does react with the brake dust though because it starts to turn red and it literally looks like your rims are bleeding. It doesn't burn your hands or even my grass so definately no acid.

From the Sonax site:

SONAX Wheel Cleaner is a highly effective, acid-free and pH balanced rim and wheel cleaner that is safe for all wheels, including aluminum and alloys. This formulation is also effective and safe for use on painted wheels and will not deteriorate clear coats.

No, it doesn't have ANY acid and it's safe for any finish. I don't know what the stink comes from but it's definately not chemical smell. Something in it does react with the brake dust though because it starts to turn red and it literally looks like your rims are bleeding. It doesn't burn your hands or even my grass so definately no acid.

From the Sonax site:

SONAX Wheel Cleaner is a highly effective, acid-free and pH balanced rim and wheel cleaner that is safe for all wheels, including aluminum and alloys. This formulation is also effective and safe for use on painted wheels and will not deteriorate clear coats.

Thanks for checking--ill order some ---with 5 cars,it can be a apain to keep all the wheels clean so if this doenst require any touch up with a wash mit,Im in--

From the Sonax site:

Ok--got a whole Sonax kit off ebay for $30--ill try them all--made in Germany heres an ebay link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SONAX-NANO-PRO-WAX-SHAMPOO-DASHBOARD-WHEEL-CLEANER-LOT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4aa4f1eb89QQitemZ320594897801QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Has anyone tired the Sonax dash cleaner/conditioner--just got it as part of the kit and it has a weird smell,which i wouldn want inside the car

Give Sonax a shot and see how much garbage comes off your wheels even though they look clean right now. It will react with and remove all of the brake dust on the hub and on the backsides of the wheel..it's pretty amazing how much crap is actually there.

Well i used the Sonax today and it is amzing how well it works.I did 4 sets of wheels and used the whole bottle--at $20/bottle its a little pricey,but vey good. I think what Ill do is just spray it on the inside of the wheels,and just let it sit for a bit to clean off the junk thataccumyulates there.I can reach the front,and ill just wash that with soap & water--using soap/water for the inside is a bit of a bear on the hands,so Ill use the Sonax there

Well i used the Sonax today and it is amzing how well it works.I did 4 sets of wheels and used the whole bottle--at $20/bottle its a little pricey,but vey good. I think what Ill do is just spray it on the inside of the wheels,and just let it sit for a bit to clean off the junk thataccumyulates there.I can reach the front,and ill just wash that with soap & water--using soap/water for the inside is a bit of a bear on the hands,so Ill use the Sonax there

It's not cheap but then again I don't use it every wash.

For my money it's well worth the price as the stuff it removes especially off the hubs is next to impossible to get with anything else.

I am a big Adam's fan. I use Adam's "All Purpose Cleaner" for wheels and tires. Try Adam's Americana (wax). You will not be disappointed!

Archived