TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby/Ford Racing 660HP Supercharger on the 2011 Super Snake

If anybody remember's Roger's post back in August, he said in a thread that there will be no 660 TVS Supercharger avaliable on the 2011 Super Snake and only a 750HP option or an 800HP option.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/59631-important-news/

However, I was looking in the news section and stumbled across this news release about the 2011 Snake and said that it comes with a 660hp option.

SA news on 2011 Super Snake

Now this is making me :headscratch: but that raises the question:

Can the 2011 Super Snake get a 660HP option after all and that Shelby finally got a calibration for the TVS on top of the 2011 Engine?

If anybody remember's Roger's post back in August, he said in a thread that there will be no 660 TVS Supercharger avaliable on the 2011 Super Snake and only a 750HP option or an 800HP option.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/59631-important-news/

However, I was looking in the news section and stumbled across this news release about the 2011 Snake and said that it comes with a 660hp option.

SA news on 2011 Super Snake

Now this is making me :headscratch: but that raises the question:

Can the 2011 Super Snake get a 660HP option after all and that Shelby finally got a calibration for the TVS on top of the 2011 Engine?

This should be interesting..........

Phill

.......and current print material does reflect the change.

That's what I figured. But I also noted the date on your post (saying NO 660HP TVS) and the date of the press release.

The press release is dated in Sept. and your post is dated prior to it, in August.

I would like to think that a company like Shelby American would have proof readers that would/should catch something like that or at least double check the information prior to a public press release.

It also quotes Lund and Davis as the info. source which is what my "this should be interesting" comment was based on.

Hey, I realize we're all human and as such we make mistakes! (I know *I* am FAR from perfect! lol).

Thanks for the clarification, Roger,

Phill

Don't be too hard on yourself Phil. We had calibration support, according to our suppliers, during that time. So technically, it is correct when posted and when the press release went out. It was really a last minute notification to all involved. We adjusted to the avalibility.

Roger

Don't be too hard on yourself Phil. We had calibration support, according to our suppliers, during that time. So technically, it is correct when posted and when the press release went out. It was really a last minute notification to all involved. We adjusted to the avalibility.

Roger

Serious question: Is there a even a chance that future 2011 Super Snakes will get the 660HP TVS?

I only ask because I know a guy out here in CO that had a 2010 GT500 and put a 2.3TVS on it.

He traded the 2010 in on a 2011 (SVTPP?) and pulled the TVS off thinking he could use it on the '11. And from what I know, he is *seriously* considering having it Snaked....then he saw your "there wll be no 2.3TVS on 2011 Super Snakes" post you put up. I've seen him mention selling his TVS but I'm sure if he could use it, he would. He was real happy with it on his '10.

He may or may not chime in on this thread (and you probably already know of whom I speak) but I'm thinking he is hoping to save a few bucks on the SS conversion IF (and I realize that's a BIG if) you guys get Cal support on the 2.3's.

So....is there even a slim chance Shelby will get support for the 2.3? I understand it's all up to FRPP so I suppose once (IF) we see a 2.3TVS with the 5.4L calibration, SA may or may not change their mind.

I already bought a FRPP/Whipple 2.9L so it's not my battle, I'm just asking for "a friend",

TIA,

Phill

Roger

HIJACK!

Hey Roger,

While I have your attention....you did a really great photo step-by-step essay on installing the Shelby clutch/brake/gas pedals and you mention doing one for the dead pedal. Someone even commented and thanked you for the dead pedal install post but I can not find it.

I found your pedal installation thread via a link on the SPP store site in the pedal insallation link.

I orderd the pedal set and the dead pedal and would like to see what I'm in for before jumping in.

Can you point me to the dead pedal install post?

Thanks,

Phill

HIJACK!

Hey Roger,

While I have your attention....you did a really great photo step-by-step essay on installing the Shelby clutch/brake/gas pedals and you mention doing one for the dead pedal. Someone even commented and thanked you for the dead pedal install post but I can not find it.

I found your pedal installation thread via a link on the SPP store site in the pedal insallation link.

I orderd the pedal set and the dead pedal and would like to see what I'm in for before jumping in.

Can you point me to the dead pedal install post?

Thanks,

Phill

I'm not Roger, but Phill, here is what I have...........................

Picture1779.jpg

Picture1780.jpg

Picture1778.jpg

R

Picture1780.jpg

Huh. That actually is a COVER, not a pedal. I guess I better open my package cuz I thought I got one that mounts to the metal frame under the kick panel.

That one looks like it hooks into the carpet, or under the carpet.

SHOOT! I hope I didn't get one like that one. That's not what I want or what I thought I was getting but since it matches my new pedals, It'll have to do (IF it's like that).

Thanks Robert, much appreaciated. You're always a HUGE help.

Phill

There is no calibration support for the TVS for the 2011 model year. Not offered as an option and current print material does reflect the change.

Roger

Roger

Okay, thanks for clearing things up Roger. You made the situation a whole lot easier. :happy feet:

HIJACK!

:hysterical: Go ahead and do that if you want. The solution is finally resolved.

Now it's my turn to say this is going to be interesting............... :lurk:

Picture1779.jpg

Picture1780.jpg

Picture1778.jpg

R

I didn't know that the dead pedals needed prongs to be put in place. I always thought they just slide or snap in place or something like that. I guess I was wrong.

Still looks pretty good as a dead pedal though.

and I didn't even know about the flooring for the 2008+ GT500 was different than the '07. I always thought it was the same for the 07-09 GT500s and would probably just do this different flooring for the 2010+ GT500.

Huh. That actually is a COVER, not a pedal. I guess I better open my package cuz I thought I got one that mounts to the metal frame under the kick panel.

That one looks like it hooks into the carpet, or under the carpet.

SHOOT! I hope I didn't get one like that one. That's not what I want or what I thought I was getting but since it matches my new pedals, It'll have to do (IF it's like that).

Thanks Robert, much appreaciated. You're always a HUGE help.

Phill

You're welcome Phill. What pedal set do you have?

R

You're welcome Phill. What pedal set do you have?

One of the TS Mods (I think he's a Mod) sent me what I was asking for via PM.

HERE is what I was asking for, and it shows what pedal set I have too:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/31571-shelby-billet-dead-pedal/page__p__484760__hl__dead__fromsearch__1#entry484760

Robert might want to attach this link as the "Installation Instructions" like he did for the pedal set, on the SPP store site with this dead pedal.

I realized the one shown is for the SUPER SNAKE where as mine are just "Shelby" generic. They are the ones that USED to say "Does Not Fit GT500" but I noticed that is no longer on the item description.

Thanks again, Robert (and Andrew),

Phill

One of the TS Mods (I think he's a Mod) sent me what I was asking for via PM.

HERE is what I was asking for, and it shows what pedal set I have too:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/31571-shelby-billet-dead-pedal/page__p__484760__hl__dead__fromsearch__1#entry484760

Robert might want to attach this link as the "Installation Instructions" like he did for the pedal set, on the SPP store site with this dead pedal.

I realized the one shown is for the SUPER SNAKE where as mine are just "Shelby" generic. They are the ones that USED to say "Does Not Fit GT500" but I noticed that is no longer on the item description.

Thanks again, Robert (and Andrew),

Phill

It looks as if the GT500 area under the carpet in this dead pedal position is different from the Mustang GT. From the design of the Mustang GT dead pedal it appears that there is no "dead pedal" block under the carpet in this area. The GT500 has a support block in this area, so it requires only a cover to attach over this area.

R

Archived