TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 clubs in NY area

melissa809

Hey everyone. After dabbling for the past two summers in a local Mustang club, I have to say i am officially tired of all the smart ass remarks ....which are unwarranted, as I am very humble about my car knowing not everyone can afford this vehicle....Just wondering if there is a Shelby club in NY..

NOW, for the commments:

"I have a 4.6 and you have a 5.4 but I can still beat you"

"California Specials are more rare, GT500's are a dime a dozen"

"I can sell my Lexus SUV and buy 2 of your car"

"Why do you park so far in the parking lot, I know a good ding doctor"

"A GT500 is just an SVT with a Shelby badge"

And again, I NEED to stress that I am very humble about my car. I NEVER challenge anyone to races and always ooh and ahh over other people's cars. ALSO, I NEVER put my car in car shows

Hey everyone. After dabbling for the past two summers in a local Mustang club, I have to say i am officially tired of all the smart ass remarks ....which are unwarranted, as I am very humble about my car knowing not everyone can afford this vehicle....Just wondering if there is a Shelby club in NY..

NOW, for the commments:

And again, I NEED to stress that I am very humble about my car. I NEVER challenge anyone to races and always ooh and ahh over other people's cars. ALSO, I NEVER put my car in car shows

I've heard them all, but I have to say, it's good they said it to you and not me...I'm not a boaster or challenge type of guy, but I usually wait and let the idiot monkeys hang themselves, and they usually do every time...

To go over some of what the idiots said to you...

I have yet to run across any street 4.6 that can beat me or just about any GT500...I would laugh them back to where they came from.

CS's are nothing but a badged mustang, I can see why they say they are rare, who would want one? Believe me, if they were popular, they would make more.

And there is not a Mustang or almost any car made that is tracked more than a Shelby, nor that has brought more money on a consistent basis...

Who would even open their mouth if they owned a Lexus SUV? That's so funny I can't even comment...pardon the expression, but what a douche.

Ding doctor? How bout, ding dong, oh I see no one is home but the village idiot...btw they called and want you back.

Shelby GT500 was and is a combined effort between two great forces in automotive performance, there is nothing to be ashamed about having SVT involved with help in making the GT500.

I can't stand for people to shoot off their mouth about something they know nothing about. I've told the story more than once on here about guys that wanted me to race a blown Z06 and talking it up...I smiled and told the owner (actually a bud of mine) I'd race him for $10,000. 1/4 mile, Texas Mile, 20 mile. Didn't matter, the one across the finish line first with 3 of his friends wins..oh wait, that's right, a vette owner doesn't have 3 friends...everyone including my bud laughed at them....4 years later, I can still cruise into a Sonic or drive in and people walk right past Z06s, Challengers, Vipers (notice I didn't mention Camero, they still haven't brought anything to the table other than a nice looking car) and every rice rocket to look at and talk about my GT500...

So quietly smile to yourself when people show their ignorance knowing you have not only a wonderful performance car, but a piece of automotive history.

I've heard them all, but I have to say, it's good they said it to you and not me...I'm not a boaster or challenge type of guy, but I usually wait and let the idiot monkeys hang themselves, and they usually do every time...

To go over some of what the idiots said to you...

I have yet to run across any street 4.6 that can beat me or just about any GT500...I would laugh them back to where they came from.

CS's are nothing but a badged mustang, I can see why they say they are rare, who would want one? Believe me, if they were popular, they would make more.

And there is not a Mustang or almost any car made that is tracked more than a Shelby, nor that has brought more money on a consistent basis...

Who would even open their mouth if they owned a Lexus SUV? That's so funny I can't even comment...pardon the expression, but what a douche.

Ding doctor? How bout, ding dong, oh I see no one is home but the village idiot...btw they called and want you back.

Shelby GT500 was and is a combined effort between two great forces in automotive performance, there is nothing to be ashamed about having SVT involved with help in making the GT500.

I can't stand for people to shoot off their mouth about something they know nothing about. I've told the story more than once on here about guys that wanted me to race a blown Z06 and talking it up...I smiled and told the owner (actually a bud of mine) I'd race him for $10,000. 1/4 mile, Texas Mile, 20 mile. Didn't matter, the one across the finish line first with 3 of his friends wins..oh wait, that's right, a vette owner doesn't have 3 friends...everyone including my bud laughed at them....4 years later, I can still cruise into a Sonic or drive in and people walk right past Z06s, Challengers, Vipers (notice I didn't mention Camero, they still haven't brought anything to the table other than a nice looking car) and every rice rocket to look at and talk about my GT500...

So quietly smile to yourself when people show their ignorance knowing you have not only a wonderful performance car, but a piece of automotive history.

NOW, for the commments:

Where in New york are you? :lurk:

No need to explain to me. I LOVE these cars and what they are all about. I just find it amazing how other Mustang owners are quick to say condescending things to me about my car. Perhaps it's because I am a female? But yeah, they do hang themselves. The guy who made the comment about the shelby badges is driving a 2002 V-6, so of course I had to mention that he's driving a 9 year old V-6 that is probably automatic and then I get a PM that i am insulting people with V-6's. Also, I am about the only memeber aside from 2 other guys with shelby's on there. Whatever.....lol

Have any other GT500 owners experienced similar "situations"??????

Ahhh....I'm just too sensitive. As I get older, I am starting to notice that people, in general, aren't nice. They will say and do whatever to make themselves look better next to someone else. Whatever...i'm over it...lol

You live in Queens and you're just starting to notice that people aren't nice. :hysterical:

A person who owns a V6 mustang and puts down a GT500 is off his or her rocker! Melissa would not come up to someone, nor I, and put down a mustang owner of any kind!

I think that is unfortunate for people to be like that. Anyhoo, that is the difference between positive energy and negative.

Melissa, the only two clubs that I know of locally are the MSCLI (Mustang Shelby Club of Long Island) and the one we are both in Mustang Club of NY.

If you find anything else, let me know.

Mel,

Their busting on you solely because you're a female AND because you're a female who owns a GT-500. See a pattern here? ....................

..it's because you're a girl. No one ever said "peep" to me about my car.

Some men (probably most) feel you're a threat to them since you own a GT-500. Ask my why?...hell, I don't know. If you owned a Ford GT, I would still treat you with respect as a car owner, and person.....regardless of gender. Don't let the "haters" get you down. You'll meet guys ( like shelbypt, and myself) who'll respect you for who you are...not by the car you drive.

Not everyone in NY is an asshat.

Mel,

Their busting on you solely because you're a female AND because you're a female who owns a GT-500. See a pattern here? ....................

..it's because you're a girl. No one ever said "peep" to me about my car.

Some men (probably most) feel you're a threat to them since you own a GT-500. Ask my why?...hell, I don't know. If you owned a Ford GT, I would still treat you with respect as a car owner, and person.....regardless of gender. Don't let the "haters" get you down. You'll meet guys ( like shelbypt, and myself) who'll respect you for who you are...not by the car you drive.

Asshat! :hysterical:

melissa809:

Who in there right mind buys a convertible sports car? :headscratch:

If you really wanted performance you should have bought the coupe! :slapfight:

Surprised you haven't heard that one yet.

"Not everyone in NY is an asshat" :hysterical: Just NY? They come from all states.

Just enjoy your car, especially when they are in your rear view mirror!

I'll second the motion.

I get a lot of simple questions followed by positive comments. A quick thanks and I move on. The car does the rest of the talking when I leave, however slowly.

Tob

You guys are good therapy!.....lol. A friend once told me that my car is my kryptonite...hahaha. But yeah, I'm gonna check out some new clubs. It's interesting, though...as I approach middle age I am starting to be less tolerant of ASS-hat people! lol My neighbor, for example, who happens to be in his 80's had so much NEGATIVE stuff to say when I was shopping for my car. He suggested i get a Nissan 350Z...that carroll Shelby had no say in the car...American cars are no good.........THEN, after i got the car....and after the whole Toyota fiasco thing, he had the nerve to tell me that Ford has recalls! hahaha Oh yeah, and the old pecker head laughs at me because i am a Sylvester Stallone fan..WTF?????? hahahaha

Oh yeah, and this other guy in my union....who i'm pretty sure wants a date with me, tells me his Nissan 350Z is built better than a mustang.......he can take that date and shove it up his you know what! lmao

Okay, rant over...thanks for listening, everyone....lol

No need to explain to me. I LOVE these cars and what they are all about. I just find it amazing how other Mustang owners are quick to say condescending things to me about my car. Perhaps it's because I am a female? But yeah, they do hang themselves. The guy who made the comment about the shelby badges is driving a 2002 V-6, so of course I had to mention that he's driving a 9 year old V-6 that is probably automatic and then I get a PM that i am insulting people with V-6's. Also, I am about the only memeber aside from 2 other guys with shelby's on there. Whatever.....lol

Have any other GT500 owners experienced similar "situations"??????

"Have any other GT500 owners experienced similar "situations"??????" that would be a no. I would never make a comment that age or engine size makes one mustang better than another, it is not true. You being a female isn't what's causing the negative statements IMO.

I was just in the City last week all week...had my laptop not died, I would have loved to meet up with some members up there.

And Mel...just so you know, it's not that a GT500 is faster than the V6, it's because you picked the fastest color!!!! LMAO.gif

SVT-Certificate-New.jpg

im out in staten island with my gt500 there are a few of us with them along with some terminators. come out to staten island if you can or go out o captree on sunday mornings. good crew of people out there as well with some high dollar cars

Also on staten island Sunday at gateway is full of nice people and nice cars.

You guys are good therapy!.....lol. A friend once told me that my car is my kryptonite...hahaha. But yeah, I'm gonna check out some new clubs. It's interesting, though...as I approach middle age I am starting to be less tolerant of ASS-hat people! lol My neighbor, for example, who happens to be in his 80's had so much NEGATIVE stuff to say when I was shopping for my car. He suggested i get a Nissan 350Z...that carroll Shelby had no say in the car...American cars are no good.........THEN, after i got the car....and after the whole Toyota fiasco thing, he had the nerve to tell me that Ford has recalls! hahaha Oh yeah, and the old pecker head laughs at me because i am a Sylvester Stallone fan..WTF?????? hahahahaOh yeah, and this other guy in my union....who i'm pretty sure wants a date with me, tells me his Nissan 350Z is built better than a mustang.......he can take that date and shove it up his you know what! lmaoOkay, rant over...thanks for listening, everyone....lol

Nissan...the company was once called Datsun. Ford has always been Ford. Last I looked Ford is rated one of the best built car

companies. We are supporting our own economy not buying foreign. :salute:

"Have any other GT500 owners experienced similar "situations"??????" that would be a no. I would never make a comment that age or engine size makes one mustang better than another, it is not true. You being a female isn't what's causing the negative statements IMO.

:stirpot:

Some of the KR owners have made negative comments.

Mel your a New Yorker!!!! You should have thicker skin! Just laugh and realize they are envious!

Lol I know, I know. I'm very sensitive! hahaha my brother and Dad are like who CARES what other people say/think. But on a side note....my brother, who had an 07 GT500 tried the whole car club thing and he opted to go it solo because of the very things I complain about....lmao!

Okay, no more complaining

I was just in the City last week all week...had my laptop not died, I would have loved to meet up with some members up there.

And Mel...just so you know, it's not that a GT500 is faster than the V6, it's because you picked the fastest color!!!! LMAO.gif

SVT-Certificate-New.jpg

Wow, I'm disappointed in the Shelby Organization's grammar......"Everyone KNOW it's the fastest color"???????

WOW Mel quit your bitching and grow a pair your in a union that is 99 percent male and you cant take some simple messing around WOW. You need a Pinto or something.

LMAO Tom! You are absolutely CORRECT! How's your Shelby running? Heard you had the TSB done.....big improvement????....

Archived