TEAM SHELBY FORUM

slow air leak in tire

i have a slow leak in one tire. most likely somethin stuck in it. just want to know where u would recomend taking it to get it checked. Ford dealership or a tire shop?

the local tire shop i usually go to for my other vehicles i can kinda watch them work around the car. they always done good service whenever i went there and only cost 8 bucks or so to plug or patch a tire. but usually they just slide a jack under the car and pull wheel off. wonder if they have one low enough to slide under these shelby gt's being that they sit so low and all? all other vehicles i ever had were trucks lol

i have a slow leak in one tire. most likely somethin stuck in it. just want to know where u would recomend taking it to get it checked. Ford dealership or a tire shop?

the local tire shop i usually go to for my other vehicles i can kinda watch them work around the car. they always done good service whenever i went there and only cost 8 bucks or so to plug or patch a tire. but usually they just slide a jack under the car and pull wheel off. wonder if they have one low enough to slide under these shelby gt's being that they sit so low and all? all other vehicles i ever had were trucks lol

I always recommend staying away from most dealerships whenever possible.. there are good ones, but my experience proves they are few and far between.

As for the low clearance of a floor jack, they can roll the car up on a wooden board before jacking up the car.

Jer

I would think a tire shop should have the tools for a job like that, or you can do it yourself, take the tire off and squirt some water on it, you'll see it bubble where it's leaking, get a plug kit and there ya go. Of course if your tire shop will do it for 8$ why screw with it.

Have your valve stems replaced. We had the low air pressure warning light come on, by the time we pulled over at the next gas station the damage was already done. The exterior of the tire looked fine, but the damage was done to the inside of the tire. Took it to Discount tire had the valve stems replaced at no charge, but had to buy one new tire. I believe some of the valve stems were made in China and there were quite a few defective valve stems on Mustangs.

Good luck

Have your valve stems replaced. We had the low air pressure warning light come on, by the time we pulled over at the next gas station the damage was already done. The exterior of the tire looked fine, but the damage was done to the inside of the tire. Took it to Discount tire had the valve stems replaced at no charge, but had to buy one new tire. I believe some of the valve stems were made in China and there were quite a few defective valve stems on Mustangs.

Good luck

yeah seems like i heard about that. i might poor water over the stem and see.

Archived