TEAM SHELBY FORUM

here is dodges answer

twicebitten

5.7-liter Hemi will crank 379 hp and 410 lb-ft., while the 6.4-liter Hemi tops the charts with 475 hp and 460 lb-ft.

Why on earth can they not get more than 379hp out of a friggin 5.7 liter engine!!

The 3.6 produces close to the 5.7 number.

Yikes!

I waffle on the addition of another car. Not as to whether or not to buy one, just as to which new addition.

This may have just put me over the edge now. I was talking to Dubbs about doing a GT350, and then was seriously thinking that a NEW SGT or whatever they end up being monikered, might be on tap? While my wife is on her second Charger (company car), the first one was black and now she has candy red, both are 3.5L sixers with 250 hp. The new six will wake-up these cars, as did the new 3.7 in our Mustangs! The fit/finish and ride quality of these LX platform cars are incredible, as I think someone else mentioned here.

Here's the problem for me, however....I am very interested in the Challenger for it's "old-school" look. Therefore, just as the Mustang, don't care for a rear spoiler. And, HATE the 20" ers. In order to get the smaller 18"s that make the car appear more retro, you have to do an R/T with the std. issue front brakes. Obviously I've been on top of this. Been to the Chrysler dealer 'buggin' several times now!! Hahaha!

The money for another car, forgive me for seeming trite, is not the issue here. I would bite the bullet and do a GT350, if that really made sense. Likewise I could probably be happy as well, with some of these other options I've mentioned, without the expense? The Challenger, I feel, I could drive without the fear of rain, or door dings downtown, and still have a 6spd for some fun. On the other hand, another Shelby would quite honestly just make me uneasy driving it, as my 500 does now.

Then, as I've posted the pic. on here, now, today, I wonder if I should just do my own Grabber Blue Motorsports car. I really like how our wheels look on the lowered new car!!! Now, with a 5.0 it's much more enticing than when I saw this article earlier this year! But, I still have to contend with the a__-end, as I don't care for the swept around tail. Maybe time will tell on the SilverHorse rear honeycomb and taillamp bezels in early '11. Either way....as my wife says, it's a great conundrum to be able to have!!

A guy at the local cruise already ordered one and showed me the paperwork. It will also have its own unique stripes. They will be starting to build them in November, he expects it to arrive in February. He says its a special edition model to commemorate the new changes with only about 1000 made. I find it interesting that the S197 GT500 has been out since 2006 and nothing to this day can beat its value in comparison.

A guy at the local cruise already ordered one and showed me the paperwork. It will also have its own unique stripes. They will be starting to build them in November, he expects it to arrive in February. He says its a special edition model to commemorate the new changes with only about 1000 made. I find it interesting that the S197 GT500 has been out since 2006 and nothing to this day can beat its value in comparison.

:) Ain't that been the formula for all 47 years now?! Hehe!

Archived