TEAM SHELBY FORUM

While Prepping the SS for a Car Show...

Goats4ever

I've had the SS back from SAI for almost a year now. While removing some items from the trunk for a car show, I found an extra complete antennae base and connecting wire between the back seat and the carpet. I know SAI had to remove the antennae for the stripe decal application. The only diiference I see is that the antennae base I found in the trunk is much more glossy than the antennae base installed on the car. I was wondering if SAI swapped the glossy antennae base for the flat antennae base to match the color of the flat black decal? Or, when the SAI Tech was installing the antennae base after decal application, the antennae couldn't be found so SAI ordered a new one.

Comments please.

I've had the SS back from SAI for almost a year now. While removing some items from the trunk for a car show, I found an extra complete antennae base and connecting wire between the back seat and the carpet. I know SAI had to remove the antennae for the stripe decal application. The only diiference I see is that the antennae base I found in the trunk is much more glossy than the antennae base installed on the car. I was wondering if SAI swapped the glossy antennae base for the flat antennae base to match the color of the flat black decal? Or, when the SAI Tech was installing the antennae base after decal application, the antennae couldn't be found so SAI ordered a new one.

Comments please.

You must be speaking about the sat radio ant.?

No antenna (or hole) for me......................

Picture235.jpg

R

You must be speaking about the sat radio ant.?

No antenna (or hole) for me......................

Picture235.jpg

R

Robert,

Interesting. I thought all Shelbys came with the SAT antennae. Is the SAT antennae only for a NAV optioned car like mine? Nevertheless, I found a spare.

Jim

Robert,

Interesting. I thought all Shelbys came with the SAT antennae. Is the SAT antennae only for a NAV optioned car like mine? Nevertheless, I found a spare.

Jim

Jim - Sat radio was a delete option in 2007 and 2008. It became standard in 2009. For my Super Snake conversion one of my self imposed requirements was a clean trunk lid. I also wanted HID's among a few other specifics, 2008 was it. I started my search 3 weeks after the 2008 GT500 production ended. I found my exact optioned car, one in the country, 1100 miles away.

My guess is that very few GT500's were sat radio delete.

Robert

Jim - Sat radio was a delete option in 2007 and 2008. It became standard in 2009. For my Super Snake conversion one of my self imposed requirements was a clean trunk lid. I also wanted HID's among a few other specifics, 2008 was it. I started my search 3 weeks after the 2008 GT500 production ended. I found my exact optioned car, one in the country, 1100 miles away.

My guess is that very few GT500's were sat radio delete.

Robert

Learn something new every day. Thanks Robert.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys

the sat radio has become popular for the cars

I have 2 gt500's

the 07 has the shaker 500 and the 08 has the shaker 1000 which has the sat radio

by far, the s-500 sounds better than the s-1000 as all the bass on the s-1000 is in the trunk where as the s500 has it all in the car

as far as sat radio, i have 3 cars which had if from the factory and none have it active any more.

I have a buddy whom is a traveling salesman and he would not be without it due to void areas with normal radio. If i traveled out of the area a lot maybe. also, heck with the mp3 option on the cd's i can but 11 or 12 albums on one cd and drive for hours.

i did not find any extra antenna in any of my stuff when i got the 08 ss back. maybe i need to look in the trunk or fold down the seat.

enjoy the snake. I am thinking gt350 now with a used m-gt

budget is better than new

good luck to all ss owners hope you enjoy like i do

Jerome

Learn something new every day. Thanks Robert.

In 2007 about mid production they put sat in all of them with a Free year subscription .A few customers that bought Shelbys were not happy with antenna that was in the midle of the trunk.

In 2007 about mid production they put sat in all of them with a Free year subscription .A few customers that bought Shelbys were not happy with antenna that was in the midle of the trunk.

It was still an option in 08 for sure. The one-year free was for any car that was equipped with the sat option, that was a selling feature and very few dealer stock GT500's did not have sat radio. It usually took a person specifically ordering the car without sat radio to get that clean truck lid with no hockey puck ant.

Here is the 2008 GT500 specific option list................

Picture1829.jpg

2009 sat radio was standard.

R

Archived