TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby custom car cover or Ford Shelby car cover

dingo2008

If your car is garage kept then there is NO choice at all, get the SHelby custom cover. It's an inside only cover. It's fits like glove and covers the car down to about 2" of the bottom of the tire. It looks absolutely awesome and is satin on the outside/ fleece on the inside. It literally is the best cover I've ever owned. I liked it so much that I had the company make a custom one for my Bullitt (green/no stripes)...

If it's kept outside go with the boring factory one though as the Shelby one is not for outside use at all.

it will only be used for indoor use, and both the ford shelby cover and the custom shelby cover cost $399 I live in MN and the car will be in the garage all winter so want the best cover from keeping dust off the car and one that is soft on the inside so it wont scratch it

Oh then there is no question about it at all! Get the Shelby cover to match your car and you can relax all winter knowing your baby is safe. The fleece underside is the softest material on any cover that I've seen. Plus it's tailor made to your car. No question about it..... I won't let anything go on the KR but the Shelby cover... period!

Get the Shelby one if you are going to use it for indoor storage, they are well worth the money! Here's mine next to my ol ladys :barf: Camaro.

canshelb.jpg

I would have loved to been a fly on the wall when she said she wanted a Camero :slapfight:

She does stuff like that just to piss me off.........................you know that's what they're here for................to make our lives miserable!

• 3 weeks later...

it will only be used for indoor use, and both the ford shelby cover and the custom shelby cover cost $399 I live in MN and the car will be in the garage all winter so want the best cover from keeping dust off the car and one that is soft on the inside so it wont scratch it

If they both cost the same, get the Shelby just because it looks so much nicer.

Having said that, I *LOVE* my OEM Ford/Shelby cover that came with the car. A big Cobra on the front and huge S-H-E-L-B-Y across the back. There's not much doubt what's under the cover. It fits perfectly, has pockets for the mirrors AND the rear mount antenna (on my '10) and is durable. BUT...I found out the hard way that it's pretty much just for inside/garage use too. I put mine on as a T-storm was coming in and the wind blew it off a coulpe of times before I gave up and pulled it off. And I have a cover lock on mine (a coated cable that runs under the car and locks onto the cover).

So although I have not seen the Shelby cover first hand, if you're going to spend equal dollars, you might as well go for the better looking of the two.

JMHO,

Phill

I purchased the Wolf brand car cover it was cheap and offered great protection for my car for the few months it was parked outside before I bought my garage. It's thick, cheap, fits well and is machine washable. - Kevin

Archived