TEAM SHELBY FORUM

DTE ODO DATA ERR

doctorjay

My 2008 GT 500 vert, JLT CAI and tune about 8K miles ago, 22,500 miles total. I was pulling out of a parking lot at lunch today, put her in reverse and just as I started to back out felt a nudge (like i bumped something under a tire or with the read differential - no noise really). Stopped, turned it off, got out and walked all the way around, nothing at all. Re-Start, in reverse, again a little pause/nudge from the rear end, and then it was fine. Put it into 1st and as i was getting out of the parking lot saw the above error code come up, with a beep, and the FUEL LEVEL LOW warning at the same time. Anyone else ever see this?

If this should be in the Tech/Mod section, feel free to move it.

thanks.

I have this issue also.

It seems that the gauge sensor is in the tank and gets gunked up.

Ford calls for the sensor to be replaced.

When this happens to me, I put a can of Greased Lightening fuel system cleaner in and it goes away.

The problem re-occurs on a random basis. I guess I will eventually replace the sensor.

Michaeal

18 hours later - the plot thickens. Have driven 3 times since this showed up. Now the sequence is check engine light on at start-up. No speedometer at all. Odometer is not functioning for the first mile or so -and then the error message comes up DTE ODO DATA ERR and LOW FUEL LEVEL. This morning it also stalled on me when i came to a stop sign? My local Ford dealer is on their way to pick it up and leave me a loaner. More later......

18 hours later - the plot thickens. Have driven 3 times since this showed up. Now the sequence is check engine light on at start-up. No speedometer at all. Odometer is not functioning for the first mile or so -and then the error message comes up DTE ODO DATA ERR and LOW FUEL LEVEL. This morning it also stalled on me when i came to a stop sign? My local Ford dealer is on their way to pick it up and leave me a loaner. More later......

You have something additional going on. When I get that error message, my car still operates perfectly.

Michael

Yeah - something additional for sure -and now i'm really bummed. Service manager called the house tonight to tell my wife that they think the problem is inside the transmission (?) and they are going to drop it tomorrow and likely i won't have the car back this week. That's when my wife broke down and told me that she had booked us into a condo on Port Aransas this weekend and had entered my car into the Mustang Festival 2010, and we were gonna have a surprise weekend getaway. Hmm, guess we could go in the old Land Cruiser....

On a happier note-my loaner car from the Ford dealer is a new 2011 5.0 with a sweet 6 speed. Wish my Shelby had that smooth a transmission. It will really run too.

Yeah - something additional for sure -and now i'm really bummed. Service manager called the house tonight to tell my wife that they think the problem is inside the transmission (?) and they are going to drop it tomorrow and likely i won't have the car back this week. That's when my wife broke down and told me that she had booked us into a condo on Port Aransas this weekend and had entered my car into the Mustang Festival 2010, and we were gonna have a surprise weekend getaway. Hmm, guess we could go in the old Land Cruiser....

On a happier note-my loaner car from the Ford dealer is a new 2011 5.0 with a sweet 6 speed. Wish my Shelby had that smooth a transmission. It will really run too.

Wish all dealers were as nice to their customers and took care of them like that. Hope everything works out with car. Sounds like its odd issues for sure.

They are a great dealer and the loaner is nice - but doubt i'll be taking it to the beach this weekend.

Just got off the phone with the service manager, and even though the transmission is still in the car they think the problem is a broken tone ring? Is that even part of the transmission on our car? They are waiting for the master tech in the shop to finish another job so he can get my car next............

• 2 weeks later...

Got my car back today ! Yes- 10 days later. They say the initial failure was the tone ring which when it came apart destroyed the reverse switch and part of the transmission extension housing. Took forever for them to get all the seals, and the bearings were all replaced too. Clutch pedal feels a lot shorter, and i like it. No charge for any of the repair. I also put 1200 miles on the loaner 5.0 they gave me when we went down to Mustang Island, Texas last weekend for Mustang Fest 2010. Sad not to have the Shelby but it was a blast seeing over 125 mustangs and visiting with folks there.

Archived