TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Unusual Request from a Customer

ratnacage

I had one of my regular customers ask today if he could get a GT500 in Emerald Green (it could work - maybe with some silver stripes?). Knowing what the eventual answer would be, I navigated a miriad of voice prompts, endured numerous transfers until finally speaking with the Marketing people at Ford. The answer was that not only would it be cost prohibitive, but that if they allowed it, then everyone would want it which would completely jack up production (my words, not theirs).

Here's what I thought was particularly interesting: they went on to say that aside from the practical reasons, no one is allowed to touch or alter anything on the Mustang line without permission from way up high - like it would take an act of God to make something like that happen. For example, you can get custom colors on fleet orders of 5 or more trucks, regular cars, etc, but not on Mustangs - even if it's a fleet order. She said the Mustang is Ford's baby and they are highly protective of it and it's image.

I actually kicked around the idea of ordering an all white car, masking off some lemans stripes, and painting the car Dark Moss Green to match our old car. Then I decided it would be crazy to take a brand new car and paint it. However, if they would have been available in Dark Green, that's the way I would have gone.

Next years "Bullit" ought to make you run to the dealer :happy feet:

I know! It makes me wonder if the '08 Shelby's will be available in Dark Green. Oh well, it was more important to me to have an '07 than to have a Dark Green one.

When the Viper's first came out I remember reading a story about Tom Cruse wanting a special color for his car. Dodge told him no at first, but aparantly little Tommy threw a tantrum so they caved in. Tom owns the only factory painted, Aquamarine colored Viper in exsistance.

When the Viper's first came out I remember reading a story about Tom Cruse wanting a special color for his car. Dodge told him no at first, but aparantly little Tommy threw a tantrum so they caved in. Tom owns the only factory painted, Aquamarine colored Viper in exsistance.

Just goes to show you that anything can be done for enough money.

Sooo wait.... ure telling me, i can go to ford and start whining and throwing a piss fit and they will paint me a hott pink GT500?! thats money in the bank! :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Archived