TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Do you ever find it too much?

Hey guys...I don't know why I'm posting these feeling in open forums, but I think it's just to find some comfort in knowing that I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Without going into details about the current world state with politics and such...I think about all of the bad in the world and it just weighs so heavily on my mind. That is not the primary reason for my depression or being without hope.

From day to day it seems that all I see is so much negativity and cruelty towards myself. I like to think that I'm a descent person who has a lot to offer as a friend and potential spouse..but yet I have only 1 or 2 people that I can actually call a friend. And I haven't found any one "special" yet to spend my life with. It's such a struggle day to day when you're exposed to the public and if you are person that observes things all around them like me...it really takes toll on you. You start thinking...why am I trying to be a good, respectful person when it seems all it does is get you crapped on? What's the point? So many people are so fake and just out for themselves...I can see right through that stuff...and there are other people that are truly the bottom level of society that like to turn things around on you and make you out to be the bad person - no matter what you say.

Maybe I put too much emphasis on the bad that I see..but when you've got nothing else to turn to...no outlet...no one to confide in at the end of the day to talk about good things and to make plans and to feel happy with - it's hard not to let the bad consume you.

I can't be like these people that I see. I can't sleep at night if I knew I was intentionally being mean or such. Sometimes I think it's a fault of mine...having a conscience...I think it's a curse. It's such a burden and I turn all these feelings inward and let them consume me. Life can be so great at times and that's the only thing that keeps me going through some of it. But a person can only take so much...and you start to question what's the point? And it just gets to be too much to handle. I believe all descent people have a limit to which they can deal with...and if that line gets crossed...well, where do you go from there?

I know we're not permitted to discuss religion either..but I can just say that I've lost hope in that too and it doesn't help me. I know there are people out there in far worse situations than me..but again...each person has their own life, own world...so things are specific to each individual. Maybe the person next to me can handle losing their job or losing a family member to a disease..but just because they are dealing with something worse than me...doesn't mean I should just be happy go lucky and shouldn't complain because I'm not in their shoes.

So anyone else out there that sort of feels like it's just too much to deal with and too much to go on?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys...I don't know why I'm posting these feeling in open forums, but I think it's just to find some comfort in knowing that I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Without going into details about the current world state with politics and such...I think about all of the bad in the world and it just weighs so heavily on my mind. That is not the primary reason for my depression or being without hope.

From day to day it seems that all I see is so much negativity and cruelty towards myself. I like to think that I'm a descent person who has a lot to offer as a friend and potential spouse..but yet I have only 1 or 2 people that I can actually call a friend. And I haven't found any one "special" yet to spend my life with. It's such a struggle day to day when you're exposed to the public and if you are person that observes things all around them like me...it really takes toll on you. You start thinking...why am I trying to be a good, respectful person when it seems all it does is get you crapped on? What's the point? So many people are so fake and just out for themselves...I can see right through that stuff...and there are other people that are truly the bottom level of society that like to turn things around on you and make you out to be the bad person - no matter what you say.

Maybe I put too much emphasis on the bad that I see..but when you've got nothing else to turn to...no outlet...no one to confide in at the end of the day to talk about good things and to make plans and to feel happy with - it's hard not to let the bad consume you.

I can't be like these people that I see. I can't sleep at night if I knew I was intentionally being mean or such. Sometimes I think it's a fault of mine...having a conscience...I think it's a curse. It's such a burden and I turn all these feelings inward and let them consume me. Life can be so great at times and that's the only thing that keeps me going through some of it. But a person can only take so much...and you start to question what's the point? And it just gets to be too much to handle. I believe all descent people have a limit to which they can deal with...and if that line gets crossed...well, where do you go from there?

I know we're not permitted to discuss religion either..but I can just say that I've lost hope in that too and it doesn't help me. I know there are people out there in far worse situations than me..but again...each person has their own life, own world...so things are specific to each individual. Maybe the person next to me can handle losing their job or losing a family member to a disease..but just because they are dealing with something worse than me...doesn't mean I should just be happy go lucky and shouldn't complain because I'm not in their shoes.

So anyone else out there that sort of feels like it's just too much to deal with and too much to go on?

Hey man, if you need a 3rd person to talk to....I'm it. PM me.

No-one ever needs to feel this stuff! :) Chris (BIKEBOY)

Hey man, if you need a 3rd person to talk to....I'm it. PM me.

No-one ever needs to feel this stuff! :) Chris (BIKEBOY)

Thanks - for responding..and I will probably take you up on the offer in the near future. I'm really feeling that I'm approaching the end of the rope as they say.

I don't want people to think I'm all doom and gloom as I do enjoy laughter and such - but there's always been a steady serious core to me that sometimes rises up and takes over my thinking.

Don't worry. You are not any different than anyone else. In general if you have one or two really close friends, you have more than most. I have a best friend, (my wife), my children. I can name very few if any that I could really count on in a crisis or truly needy time.

TS is a place where for me, I get to share my thoughts and Ideas of a passion, for the Shelby autos. Have met some great people. As for dwelling on the bad, it is easy to get lost in the neagative.

As for emotions and feelings everyone is different and relates to a crisis or issues in life differently. With Service, friendship, and everyday dealings, and trying to be as honest and kind, and just a good person is what I try to do and be. Am I always perfect or right? No! But if for me, If I make the honest effort, try to do what is right, uphold good morals and values,and be a good example for my family and others, well, I have done my best.

I always try to find the people that share the same values as myself and family. That way we discuss that which is important to us.

I use TS as a place to share likes or dislikes of the Shelby auto's.

The world has become a place of acceptance. Right or wrong. It is really to bad. Alot of people have blinders on. They won't help anyone at anytime in anyway. I refuse to be one of those, and try to be better. I am one to voice my opinion, but I do it as best I can to not get to personal. Everyone has a right to their own opinion.

Keep your head up. It is the trial and crisis periods that help us grow and learn. Sometimes the load gets heavy. Heavy loads can bear you down but can also make you stronger in the long run.

Do a good deed, break a bad habit, or do something to improve on life. For me it is Drive On!!!! In my SGT. :shift:

Thanks Azmartin -

I think you touched upon some great points...one of them how you mentioned about only having 1 or 2 friends that you can call up and chat and meet up with. But the thing that I think makes the most difference is having a wife. I remember when I was in relationships..how much it changed my outlook and perspective and of course my attitude in terms of being happy almost ALL the time.

You are definitely right about this place...I've run into some remarkably nice people here...and have had some great conversations with them via PM. People that I feel think the same way I do and that is so refreshing to find. I've actually been surprised at just how nice some people are. I almost thought that level of person didn't exist anymore. I like you tend to gravitate to those people and sort form our own ring so we can re-affirm our thinking and beliefs by relating to each other.

Like you also, I'm not claiming to be perfect..But I TRY to be as kind as possible. But when you are faced with something that you perceive as bad, rude or ignorant...what should you do? Ignore it? Stand up to it? Go along with it? Lately, I've been choosing to ignore it...I'd like to stand up to it - but again that's a situation where the tables get turned and then you are made out to be the bad person. So I'm at a loss..I hate letting things that I feel are bad...just be.

My enjoyment of Mustangs goes without saying..but the people that have moved into my neighborhood - a few houses up..have ruined that for me. The harass you every time you are outside and they vandalized my car several times...so now I'm always worried about what they are going to do next. I don't know what to do...keeping my car clean and such is something that gives me great relief and I view it as therapy...but that ruined by these idiots now. What can you do?

That's very good how you phased the "world being a place of acceptance"...I totally get what you are saying about that.

Thanks Azmartin -

I think you touched upon some great points...one of them how you mentioned about only having 1 or 2 friends that you can call up and chat and meet up with. But the thing that I think makes the most difference is having a wife. I remember when I was in relationships..how much it changed my outlook and perspective and of course my attitude in terms of being happy almost ALL the time.

You are definitely right about this place...I've run into some remarkably nice people here...and have had some great conversations with them via PM. People that I feel think the same way I do and that is so refreshing to find. I've actually been surprised at just how nice some people are. I almost thought that level of person didn't exist anymore. I like you tend to gravitate to those people and sort form our own ring so we can re-affirm our thinking and beliefs by relating to each other.

Like you also, I'm not claiming to be perfect..But I TRY to be as kind as possible. But when you are faced with something that you perceive as bad, rude or ignorant...what should you do? Ignore it? Stand up to it? Go along with it? Lately, I've been choosing to ignore it...I'd like to stand up to it - but again that's a situation where the tables get turned and then you are made out to be the bad person. So I'm at a loss..I hate letting things that I feel are bad...just be.

My enjoyment of Mustangs goes without saying..but the people that have moved into my neighborhood - a few houses up..have ruined that for me. The harass you every time you are outside and they vandalized my car several times...so now I'm always worried about what they are going to do next. I don't know what to do...keeping my car clean and such is something that gives me great relief and I view it as therapy...but that ruined by these idiots now. What can you do?

That's very good how you phased the "world being a place of acceptance"...I totally get what you are saying about that.

I'm serious...take me up on it.

BKEBOY

Thanks - for responding..and I will probably take you up on the offer in the near future. I'm really feeling that I'm approaching the end of the rope as they say.

I don't want people to think I'm all doom and gloom as I do enjoy laughter and such - but there's always been a steady serious core to me that sometimes rises up and takes over my thinking.

There is NO END to the rope!!!! That's crap!

Chris

yep, feel that way to sometimes. Think mine is more related to age though. Go thru life working hard as hell only to find out in the end can't stop the aging process. Now I see "young bucks" chasing the same dream that I spent chasing the last 33 years w/ the same company and can't help but notice...world is for the young ones. On the other side, while they are chasing I have accomplished many of mine so I try to be thankful for that. Gives new meaing to Life Sucks! Sometimes I do wonder if I did enough but again, I think all go thru that....I just try not to spend much time thinking about it and get in the Shelby and drive the hell out of it. Oh, and the "young-un's", I still take them at the light ...lmao! :hysterical: Hang in there and when Chris gets tired, let me know and pm me. Craig

Seems lately the world is full of non caring, impolite people who feel like if they can't have anything then no one else should either. It is truly depressing to see our country on such a downward slide. I try to go the extra step for friends or someone who needs help. My friends I have made thru this car called a Shelby have been the best that I could ask for. I think most of us Shelby owners are a different breed. What other group could you go to a function without your Shelby and they literally throw their keys at you so you can enjoy too. Where else could you post up that you are coming thru and they will invite you into their homes or take you for a meal. Move down here to TX :) We have a fantastic group here that would do anything for a friend that is in need :wub: Hang in there. We are here for you :)

I'm serious...take me up on it.

BKEBOY

I will. Thanks...and the end of the rope...I don't know - I think I see it.

yep, feel that way to sometimes. Think mine is more related to age though. Go thru life working hard as hell only to find out in the end can't stop the aging process. Now I see "young bucks" chasing the same dream that I spent chasing the last 33 years w/ the same company and can't help but notice...world is for the young ones. On the other side, while they are chasing I have accomplished many of mine so I try to be thankful for that. Gives new meaning to Life Sucks! Sometimes I do wonder if I did enough but again, I think all go thru that....I just try not to spend much time thinking about it and get in the Shelby and drive the hell out of it. Oh, and the "young-un's", I still take them at the light ...lmao! :hysterical: Hang in there and when Chris gets tired, let me know and pm me. Craig

Hi and thanks for joining into this discussion.

I'm getting to that age too...again relating to finding someone to share life with, to make things better. I realize time is running out on me, big time. And that is also a big source of my thinking and feeling down. So many of the truly best and youthful years are gone...and I regret to say that I wasted so many of them. I hate the thought of living out however many years I have left...alone. It's not a very good thought.

The whole getting in the car and driving rings true to me. And that works..but as I mentioned in my previous post...Certain horrible people in my neighborhood have stolen that pleasure from me.

Seems lately the world is full of non caring, impolite people who feel like if they can't have anything then no one else should either. It is truly depressing to see our country on such a downward slide. I try to go the extra step for friends or someone who needs help. My friends I have made thru this car called a Shelby have been the best that I could ask for. I think most of us Shelby owners are a different breed. What other group could you go to a function without your Shelby and they literally throw their keys at you so you can enjoy too. Where else could you post up that you are coming thru and they will invite you into their homes or take you for a meal. Move down here to TX :) We have a fantastic group here that would do anything for a friend that is in need :wub: Hang in there. We are here for you :)

Hi msmap -

And you are one of the people that I was eluding to...that just come out of nowhere and are so nice to a stranger (What you posted someplace else). That does a lot for my frame of mind.

I've yet to meet any of my "Shelby" friends in person....so it's all been just through PM's and one person I've been talking with via email for a year straight now. They have been tremendous to me and I hope they know how much I appreciate their friendship.

I would like to really throw myself into the whole Shelby/Mustang scene, but like I said..that is now tainted by ignorant people that I have to deal with and live beside. I know one day I'm going to go outside to find something, really, really bad done to it...so I have stopped myself from getting any emotional attachment to this car. It's so sad that people I don't like or care for..are ruling my life by their actions and stealing my enjoyment from me.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

BBS IV, can't you get a storage garage for you Shelby? Keep her out of harm's way. What is your name? What part of PA are you in? Got a great member in Pittsburgh area.

Unfortunately, I don't have a garage. It's my only car, so it's my daily driver...I'm not a rich person, so I can't afford to have two cars...or just pick up and move elsewhere. Believe me, if I ever hit the lottery..the first thing I would do is move away in a remote area into a house with a nice garage - that's one of my dreams.

I'm a little cautious and don't like to give out too much personal information like real names, etc. in open forums...but I'm in the western half of Pennsylvania. I can PM you at some point to talk more about "me".

Burning Blue Star IV, I think you should send BIKEBOY a pm. It sounds like he would like to talk and he sounds like a real good guy.

Thanks, and I will...just a little late here now..I should really be getting to bed.

Burning Blue Star IV sounds like msmap (sherri) is onto something. I think she's got a good idea. Why not check it out.

Wish I could do that...but it's just not possible for me.

What year Shelby do you have. It looks like a 10 from your avatar. Is that your first Shelby?

Yeah, it's a '10 model. First Shelby, but not my first mustang.

pm me when you want to

Thanks, I will.

I've got to sign off now...need some sleep. Take care everyone and I appreciate everyone that posted tonight.

Listen bro. The world is full of ugly people. Don't let them ruin your life. There are alot of beautiful people in this world too !!!. Don't ever give up. Don't ever go to the end of your rope. My brother went to the end of his and ended it all. What a waste. It tore me up. Tore my folks up. Ripped a hole in all of my familys hearts. I'm raising his little boy now. I'm comming right out and saying this because of the tone of your posts.

There is one that Loves you more than you will ever know. Trust me on that !!!!. The reason it's not working for you is because you are not turning to Him. Please listen to this entire song and then open up to him. If you ever need to talk, let me know.....I'm just a phone call away......

I feel your frustration, many of us do. So you are not alone. I don't know you but just by your concerns of what bothers you it seems like you are a good person. Volunteering at a hospital, being a mentor to kids in some way or getting involved in community affairs will enhance your self worth. Sadly many don't have what it takes to do that but I think you do. Helping someone in thier time of need when they are down and or making a difference in thier life will change the way you feel. Simply being there and showing compassion may be all they need especially when no one else will do it.

There are also other things that you can consider that may help you navigate through these tough times. Professional counselers spend a great deal of time learning about a all kinds of situations. There are also physical conditions that may cause a chemical imbalance which can complicate a person's ability to understand certain situations. Many of these are simple to correct such as changing and improving ones diet may be all that is necessary. The most important step to feel better is what you did. Don't be afraid to talk about it. Many of us have been through simular situations. I used to think I was invincible and didn't need any body's help for anything until I went to see a counsler in support of a close friend and found out all the information they game them helped me as well.

In the past when I have gotten bummed out, I always think about those that have it a lot worse than me. I may have not have been as sucessful as I wanted or intended to be. And there are decisions that I know were not the right ones that I wish I could have back. But I can still fix this! As long as your intentions are good and you keep trying and never give up you will be alright. Good luck.

Listen bro. The world is full of ugly people. Don't let them ruin your life. There are alot of beautiful people in this world too !!!. Don't ever give up. Don't ever go to the end of your rope. My brother went to the end of his and ended it all. What a waste. It tore me up. Tore my folks up. Ripped a hole in all of my familys hearts. I'm raising his little boy now. I'm comming right out and saying this because of the tone of your posts.

There is one that Loves you more than you will ever know. Trust me on that !!!!. The reason it's not working for you is because you are not turning to Him. Please listen to this entire song and then open up to him. If you ever need to talk, let me know.....I'm just a phone call away......

Dam Grabber, I know exactly how you feel. My brother skipped over the rope and went straight to the gun less than a year ago. Its a very selfish thing and really tears a hole in everyone, there is so much guilt and so many questions that you have that can never be answered. Some nights I don't sleep because I think about it and him so much.

Burning Blue Star as you can see from everyone in this thread that we ALL go through the same thing. From what you mentioned you do the right thing, don't do the selfish thing now and take your own life. You may think no one cares about you or you don't have anyone to turn to but have you really tried? Reach out man, guaranteed that someone will be there for you and if you turn to the people you feel most comfortable with and they cant or don't want to help, shoot me a PM dude, I'm on here every night, shoot maybe we can help each other out.

Shane

Dam Grabber, I know exactly how you feel. My brother skipped over the rope and went straight to the gun less than a year ago. Its a very selfish thing and really tears a hole in everyone, there is so much guilt and so many questions that you have that can never be answered. Some nights I don't sleep because I think about it and him so much.

Burning Blue Star as you can see from everyone in this thread that we ALL go through the same thing. From what you mentioned you do the right thing, don't do the selfish thing now and take your own life. You may think no one cares about you or you don't have anyone to turn to but have you really tried? Reach out man, guaranteed that someone will be there for you and if you turn to the people you feel most comfortable with and they cant or don't want to help, shoot me a PM dude, I'm on here every night, shoot maybe we can help each other out.

Shane

I'm sorry to hear about your brother. When one makes that kind of decision, it's a perminant solution to a temporary problem. It can't ever be undone or fixed. The ripple affect of that kind of decision is never ending and over whelming. My Brother died on Oct. 6th. Every year when the leaves start to turn Orange and fall off the trees....that time hits me hard. I remember being with him that day. I should not of left his side. I thought he was going to be OK. Then I got the phone call. Unreal !

I have learned so much over the years on this topic, because it affected me so much that I feel responsible to help. It's the right thing to reach out. It's cool that many here are willing to help. That's what good people do......and there are many here. :superhero:

I can't be like these people that I see.

That's your core right there!

And you know it.

And you feel it.

And that, my friend, is what will see you through.

You have a lot left to accomplish in this life of yours, and you'll need to be here to get to it!

Regards,

-Pockdog (Randy)

Hang in there bud! I've been through some really down moments in my life, but never let the bad win over the good and the truth. Eventually it all got much, much better, and it will for you too.

As for friends, my Mom always told me, if you have one true, good friend in your life, you're doing good! I've always remembered that, and I think its very wise to do so.

I've heard rumor that there may be an east coast Shelby gathering at some point. Make all efforts to attend so that you can meet some of the fine folks here - they are real people!

Most importantly however, and I don't mean to get all evangelistic and all, but if you have or can find God in your life, nothing is more important than that. Along with that, get more involved in your church, and you will find friends and comfort there.

Feel free to PM!

ilmor

Hey Blue Star,

I'm going to jump in and share a bit too. Like you, I've grown very tired of all the negativity surrounding us these days, too many haters and hate being spewed from everywhere. It comes from all sides and all channels, so much so that it seems to drown out anything good going on. But we all know in our minds and souls that there is plenty of good to be found, seen and experienced. Here are a couple of things I've done personally to change my immediate surroundings and life....

I accept that life is like a big rollercoaster, full of ups and downs, you've got to ride it out....

I've quit watching the news as a regular part of my day, I only tune in when I feel I need to....

I don't discuss politics with friends and family....it saves us alot of unnecessary headaches....

Count your blessings, how ever bad you think things are, I guarantee they could be worse....

I smile at people and say something nice, especially to those who seem to need it or have a thankless job, making others smile makes me smile....

Do something for someone else in need, donate time, money, knowledge... anything you can spare, it will all come back to you multifold....

And finally, when I need some "alone time" to clear my head, I get in my Shelby, turn on my favorite tunes and drive....it reminds me how fortunate I am to be alive, to have a body that is whole, to have a car that most others could only dream of having, to live in the USA and to be free..... it usually brings me back and resets my attitude....

Hope this helps....Frank

+1 what they ^ all said and I also highly urge you to see a good professional psychologist. They know how to help you realize your true self-worth, change your negative thinking into positive and help give you the tools to get rid of your depression. It will change your life for the better!

Archived