TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT engine compartment "bling" (picture)

Just thought I'd throw out a picture of the modifications I've done under the hood to give my daily driven SGT a little extra "bling". Chrome Ford Racing Valve covers, aftermarket coil covers, snake fuse box cover, SAI stainless caps, SAI chrome hood prop, Steeda carbon fiber intake elbow. Saved all of the stock parts so easy to return to SAI original. Next will be the SAI radiator stainless tank.

post-12928-019299400 1285510627_thumb.jpg

post-12928-019299400 1285510627_thumb.jpg

Yes, do you know if they'll fit under the Whipple?

Looks nice and clean under there! :salute:

I don't know about the fitment with a Whipple. You may want to ask one of the many vendors that sell these. One vendor is CJ Pony Parts in Pennsylvania. The "Shelby" badging on mine are ones I created using an SAI aluminum key fob, cutting off the key ring hole, then re-rounding the edges. They are attached with double face tape and have been in place for over a year now.

gth007:

I took a different direction in the engine compartment bling route. I liked the look of Bang-A-Stang's various painted covers for the radiator, overflow tank and plenum. I also had to add gas operated hood supports, as the radiator cover has no provision for the manual hood support rod. Of course, I had to add a strut tower brace from the V6 or Bullett, in order to clear the plenum cover. I'm still waiting for some decent looking replacement valve covers to become available from SAI and possibly a brake fluid reservoir cover from Bang-A-Stang.

post-28691-095155100 1285621581_thumb.jpg

post-28691-091166800 1285621598_thumb.jpg

post-28691-095155100 1285621581_thumb.jpg

post-28691-091166800 1285621598_thumb.jpg

323470-R1-03-2A.jpg :salute:

Just thought I'd throw out a picture of the modifications I've done under the hood to give my daily driven SGT a little extra "bling". Chrome Ford Racing Valve covers, aftermarket coil covers, snake fuse box cover, SAI stainless caps, SAI chrome hood prop, Steeda carbon fiber intake elbow. Saved all of the stock parts so easy to return to SAI original. Next will be the SAI radiator stainless tank.

323470-R1-03-2A.jpg

323470-R1-04-3A.jpg

323470-R1-04-3A.jpg

WOW!! Nice should have had my :shades: on. Nice job, good bling. I need some bling. So seriously, waht do most people use to keep the engine compartment clean and bling?

I really need to know.

gth007:

I took a different direction in the engine compartment bling route. I liked the look of Bang-A-Stang's various painted covers for the radiator, overflow tank and plenum. I also had to add gas operated hood supports, as the radiator cover has no provision for the manual hood support rod. Of course, I had to add a strut tower brace from the V6 or Bullett, in order to clear the plenum cover. I'm still waiting for some decent looking replacement valve covers to become available from SAI and possibly a brake fluid reservoir cover from Bang-A-Stang.

I like that radiator cover... how much work did you have to do?

Can it be ordered pre-painted? Striped? With hood pins cut out?

Thanks!

Jer

Now time to clean the engine compartment right?

:happy feet:

My poor SGT never gets taken to the dance, just is driven all the time, never the bride just the bridesmaid. Well today it gets all prettied up for a cruise- in car show and then for the trip to Arkansas October 20. It's amazing how dirty an engine can get on a trip. Eastern Oklahoma and Arkansas have these really big bugs whose guts put a huge 2 inch yellow splatter all over the car. Of course, us in Florida have the notorious "love bugs" that will turn a white car black. Those suckers will stick like glue to your paint if you don't keep them cleaned off. The SGT is driven, will look good for a while and the GT-H will remain covered in the garage.

Jer:

The Bang-A-Stang radiator cover can be ordered with any number of options. It was basically started for the 05-09 Mustang GT's, but I contacted them and specified mine was for a Shelby GT. They worked with me to get an opening in the cover to expose the Shelby CSM engine compartment badging, and coming up with the proper striping on the cover. They were aware of the hood pin placement, but you do have to do something to replace the manually operated hood support rod (the cover does not accomodate that, so gas operated hood supports were added to my order). Bang-A-Stang was good to work with and stand behind their product. I'm currently asking if they can come up with a decent cover for the brake fluid reservoir, like they did for the radiator overflow tank. I am a confirmed mechanical klutz, but was still able to install the radiator cover without problem. If Shelby doesn't come up with a decent coil cover for our SGT's, like they did for the non-Shelby GT 500's, their KR's and Super Snakes, I'll ask if Bang-A-Stang can. This if one firm that seems very responsive to client requests.

Bob

4.6 SHLB

&

57 AGIN

My poor SGT never gets taken to the dance, just is driven all the time, never the bride just the bridesmaid. Well today it gets all prettied up for a cruise- in car show and then for the trip to Arkansas October 20. It's amazing how dirty an engine can get on a trip. Eastern Oklahoma and Arkansas have these really big bugs whose guts put a huge 2 inch yellow splatter all over the car. Of course, us in Florida have the notorious "love bugs" that will turn a white car black. Those suckers will stick like glue to your paint if you don't keep them cleaned off. The SGT is driven, will look good for a while and the GT-H will remain covered in the garage.

What brings you to AR on the 20th?

What brings you to AR on the 20th?

I own a rental cabin in Caddo Gap (between Glenwood and Mt. Ida) and I go up there 3-4 times a year and spend a week or two enjoying the area. Unfortunately my wife of 35 years passed away unexpectedly in March, so I haven't been to Arkansas since. This area of Arkansas is wonderful and we were planning on spending half our time there and half in Florida (near Orlando). Still love Arkansas and the cabin generates a nice monthly income. www.Colliercreekcabin.com

Archived