TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Trufiber Venom 2 and widened Razors Pics

snatchss454

Hey all,

I just got my car back from the body shop after I was rear ended. While she was in their I decided to do a few mods. Lemme know what you think. Ill get some more pics up when she is washed again.

Shane

137_0442.jpg

137_0440.jpg

137_0441.jpg

137_0443.jpg

Looks awesome!!!!

What size Toyo T1R's are you running all the way around? What's the backspace on the rear razors and any rubbing inside or out?

Thx

Thanks for the nice comments guys. The razors are the 24mm with 255/35 and 305/30. Their is no rubbing with these size tires, but I did have Nitto 315/35 and they rubbed. Their are some pics on my homepage.

Thanks for the quick response.

I have the 6.5" backspace razors on the rear because I was rubbing with the 6" backspace (Shelby recommended). I'm not sure I can go 11" width because I'm afraid I'll rub on the inside. How much room do you have on the inside? 10.5 wheel width I think would be better but not sure. I do like the look of yours. How do they hookup?

Thx

Hey Trob,

Glad I can be of some help. I have not got on it yet because my rear diff was on the way out, I just had that replaced with a TrueTrac and 1 piece driveshaft yesterday and it was pouring down rain. I also just ordered some Hubcentric rings for the Razors because I have a bad wobble from 40-60mph. Ill let you know how she hooks up when I get it all sorted out. As for the rubbing you were getting with the 6.5", what were your tire sizes and suspension setup? Also I cant remember if its the bumpstop or something else that people are removing to clear larger wheels and tires. Also if you are lowered are you running an adjustable panhard rod?

Shane

Hood looks sweet!!! I was just looking at that hood today. Did you have any fitment problems? Did it require alot of prep before paint? I had seen bad things about the first couple of runs and just wondering if it has been corrected. Car looks great....

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the compliments. The hood fit fine and the quality was pretty good. The owner of the body shop stated that all fiberglass hoods need some prep work and that this one was pretty good. I do wish they would have put a little more time in the prep because their are still some high and low points, but it looks pretty good.

Thanks,

Shane

Hey can you get some more pics of the top of the hood? Want to see how you your SS stripes fit between air extracts. Are those stripes same size as the SS? They look silver, is it the same as the factory Satin Silver stripes? Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to be informed as possible. Really thinking about ordering one.

Hey Trob,

Glad I can be of some help. I have not got on it yet because my rear diff was on the way out, I just had that replaced with a TrueTrac and 1 piece driveshaft yesterday and it was pouring down rain. I also just ordered some Hubcentric rings for the Razors because I have a bad wobble from 40-60mph. Ill let you know how she hooks up when I get it all sorted out. As for the rubbing you were getting with the 6.5", what were your tire sizes and suspension setup? Also I cant remember if its the bumpstop or something else that people are removing to clear larger wheels and tires. Also if you are lowered are you running an adjustable panhard rod?

Shane

Shane,

I had nitto 275x35x20 on the car originally. Steeda full suspension kit to lower 1.5". Adj panhard too. I have nitro 285x30x20 now and they are dead-on. I need more rubber on the road cause I'm running 650 at the wheels so I need to widen the razors at least to 10.5 so I can run 305's. Either drag radials or t1r's. Issue is my ride height is fixed and pondering whether or not to go to the adj. Susp. $$$ is a factor. Let me know how they hook-up.

Thx,

Tom

Well done, the Trufiber hood with the Super Snake style stripe look awesome!

+1 on the hood. Looks freaking perfect!

Do you have the link the exact hood you purchased and any input on how much pre-work it took on the hood to get it ready for painting?

I keep going back and forth about a Venom hood...I want to do it big time, but if it comes in needing tons of prep-work, or other surprises, I'll pass.

Again, looks smokin!

Looks great! How does the hood hold up at high speeds? Any shake?

+1 on being curious about how much prep work it took to get the hood to look so straight

Thanks for sharing.

Archived