TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Difference between GT500 tires and GT500KR tires

magrag

the tread compound is softer, therefore more traction with the KR tires over the GT5 tires. I just ordered a set of tires today total shipped to me was 456.35.

$399 for a set of four (KR) tires is crazy low.

That's what ONE tire normally costs, and that's at the on-line discount stores.

I can't believe Shelby has any left at that price.

My 2010 has 19's so the 18" KR tires don't help me any but if I had a '07-'09 or a '10 'Vert, I'd buy a couple of sets (as in, EIGHT) just to have them in hand.

Phill

the tread compound is softer, therefore more traction with the KR tires over the GT5 tires. I just ordered a set of tires today total shipped to me was 456.35.

I've heard they don't last long but they stick like GLUE.

You can tell the difference between a GT500KR tire and a GT500 tire by the nickle sized "flying shoe/boot" on the sidewall.

If there's no winged shoe, it's a regular F1 Supercar tire, not a KR tire.

Phill

I've heard they don't last long but they stick like GLUE.

You can tell the difference between a GT500KR tire and a GT500 tire by the nickle sized "flying shoe/boot" on the sidewall.

If there's no winged shoe, it's a regular F1 Supercar tire, not a KR tire.

Phill

The tread wear rating on the KRs is 180, as opposed to the 220 on standard GT500 tires (Mine just showed up :happy feet: )

I've seen too many different specs on how many miles a 220 will last vs a 180. But for sure the higher the number the stiffer the compond and the longer they will last.

So, with the KRs speced at 180, that jives with what 07SGT4578 said.

Also looked at the born-on date. If I'm doing my decoding correctly looks like the were all made on the 29th week of 2008, so I'm not expecting any shelf-life issues.

$406 to the door (including shipping). Teamshelby members get a 15% discount. I was already one, but basically would pay for the membership to do it on the fly when you buy the tires if you're not one already.

Archived