TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Probably not the best thing to be doing on lunch...

:finger:

Although lets not let a few rotten eggs spoil the whole bunch, the rest of the workers were too hung over to start drinking at 10:00, they won't start until 3:00. And the unions will protect these guys, that's what's wrong with the unions, they protect DF like this and the lazy.

:finger:

Although lets not let a few rotten eggs spoil the whole bunch, the rest of the workers were too hung over to start drinking at 10:00, they won't start until 3:00. And the unions will protect these guys, that's what's wrong with the unions, they protect DF like this and the lazy.

I agree...unions had there day, they also promote via tenure and not best qualified and hold back great talent because or it. A prime example is Honda...no unions...no bailout money needed, domestics have come a long way but are still trying to catch up.

^^ Unions have their pluses and minuses. I was connected with many many unions in Ohio when I worked there, and some were good, some were bad. I didn't take to the Honda plants out there, though. I met a couple of individuals that were "let go" for no reason (so I was told). From what these people told me, that particular plant would cut older employees, who of course they would have to pay more (for their years of service) and eventually, retirement and medical, etc. So, it was cheaper for them to get rid of these people and keep fresh recruits coming in the revolving door. There was no union there, so there wasn't anyone to stand up for the worker's rights and these unsubstantiated "firings."

Unions aren't what they used to be. Non-union plants aren't all that either, but just like a union shop, it depends on where you work. :shrug:

And I got quite the chuckle from that video. But hey, I guess Obama said "I have confidence in the American worker." I wonder if that includes lunchtime. :hysterical:

Archived