TEAM SHELBY FORUM

well into second day with no smokes

Good luck. I've tried a few times, and still haven't quit.

My philosophy with smoking is "the best way to stop is to never start." :nonono:

Good luck! They always say, once you throw them down you can't pick one up EVER. So no matter how BAD you want one, don't give in!!!!

Here is a hint that will help you with any cravings....

Buy some 1000mg Vitamin C Tablets with Rose Hips....Take one in the morning when you first get up, one after lunch, and one after dinner....Smoking depletes the Vitamin C in your system and 3000mg going back into your system, actually cuts the craving for a cigarette....I laid mine down over 3 1/2 years ago and haven't touched another one again...Took me about a month on the Vitamin C, then started cutting that down...Good Luck, it ain't easy, but well worth it when you quit...I was making my Shelby GT payment every month in smokes!

I got the laser treatment and quit for 6 months. Drinking at a social event I thought I could have just 1. Wrong. I used Chant ix and chewing mixed drink straws and that helped some but not enough to quit. I think I will try the chant ix, hypnotism combined next time. The laser made a portion of my forehead numb for a few months so I am not sure that is a good idea.

It's easy to quit smoking..............................I've done it many times!

:hysterical:

You can do it!!!!

thanks for your support in to day 3 now.

I am not so worried about it killing me but with my luck I will keep living and not be able to do anything,no teeth cant breath and all the other wonderful stuff it causes.

thanks again on ward with no smokes

Keep yourself/mind occupied. Experts say that having sex, LOTS of sex; MASSIVE amounts of sex will help you keep your mind off the smokes.

A friend of mine had a heart attack and he said " I have always taken care of my self, tried to eat right, didn't smoke and got regular exercise and I just thought it would be you rather than me!" 2 days after he got out of the hospital I said to him" come on lets go have a big cheese burger. It's not how long you live but how you live while your here!!!"

• 2 weeks later...

glroy........Well??????

How many days now????? :waiting:

It will be two weeks tomorrow!!

I am still a miserable old bastard so think things must be going ok.

Got a call over the weekend from My MOM.

Her boyfriend's son ended up in the hospital with heart problems last week. Long and the short is he had shunts installed in a 98% blocked line and almost did not make it. The guy is 2 years younger than me and a long time smoker as well. My MOM was pretty shook up; I was happy to be able to tell her I have been off the smokes since Sept22 AM.

so far so good and I will keep working on it

Glen

It will be two weeks tomorrow!!

I am still a miserable old bastard so think things must be going ok.

Got a call over the weekend from My MOM.

Her boyfriend's son ended up in the hospital with heart problems last week. Long and the short is he had shunts installed in a 98% blocked line and almost did not make it. The guy is 2 years younger than me and a long time smoker as well. My MOM was pretty shook up; I was happy to be able to tell her I have been off the smokes since Sept22 AM.

so far so good and I will keep working on it

Glen

Good on ya man!!!

Keep it up you miserable old %$#@#$ !

BIKEBOY

Hang in there you can do IT! Why are you doing it the hard way. My wife was a 2 1/2 pack aday smoker thats hard to believe but its true.I am going to spell the word wrong so here goes. My wife went to a hypmatist and stopped the same day.She carried around in her shirt pocket a pack of ciggaretes but never had the urge to smoke one. She was givin a tape to listen to when she felt that she was thnking about having one BUT she never did.She was 30 years old when she stopped and she is 57 today so its been 28 years and she was 13 when she started smoking. Hang in there you can do it..If you can get hypmatized its the only way to go Pain free, no with drawls,no muches, for 40 bucks its well worth it if you can go under..Heck its worth a try..

Hang in there you can do IT! Why are you doing it the hard way. My wife was a 2 1/2 pack aday smoker thats hard to believe but its true.I am going to spell the word wrong so here goes. My wife went to a hypmatist and stopped the same day.She carried around in her shirt pocket a pack of ciggaretes but never had the urge to smoke one. She was givin a tape to listen to when she felt that she was thnking about having one BUT she never did.She was 30 years old when she stopped and she is 57 today so its been 28 years and she was 13 when she started smoking. Hang in there you can do it..If you can get hypmatized its the only way to go Pain free, no with drawls,no muches, for 40 bucks its well worth it if you can go under..Heck its worth a try..

Its not going too bad all I have to do is think about the extra mod money.

3 packs every 2 days @ 11.22per pack = 33.66

(16 smoke free days / 2) X 33.66 = 269.28

I have ordered

Dynotech 1 Piece Driveshaft W/ Steeda Loop

Tokico D-Spec Adjustable Shocks & Struts

Maximum Motorsports/Shelby Camber/Caster Plates W/ Spherical Bearing

should be about 2K or so

need new rubber and mags

want headers

will need new clutch

I will for sure break some thing

I can never afford to smoke again :hysterical: