TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Good Samaritans still exist!

Four weeks ago I stopped at the local Ford dealership to glance at a 2011 GT500 sitting in front of the showroom. I was in my 2008 and just wanted to see firsthand what the hype was. Well, four hours later I was on my way home with my brand new red 2011 with the SVT PP. It was VERY hard let go of my 2008-- she had been my pride and joy since April 4th of 2008!

I drove my new baby to work monday and parked in my same spot in the parking gararge. At about 5:00, I recieved a text from one of my nurses asking what happened to my car... Some jerk had backed into my car and left a monster dent in the passenger rear quarter panel. :cry: I was completely numb. There was a piece of paper on the windshield with a number-- no name. I called the number and reached a local business employing only 2 people-- neither of which committed the act. I filed the police report and went home. The garage has security cameras, but none were aimed in my direction. I filed the accident report with my insurance as a hit-and-run. Pretty horrible day to say the least. What kind of worthless waste of flesh does this?? :shrug:

The next morning I get a message from my receptionist that a tech in our operating room witnessed the event. I called her and she had written the license plate number down!! I called the police and within 2 hours, the culprit had been located and confessed!

My poor baby is still damaged and it's hard to look past the scumbag just leaving a fake number. But at least someone out there was decent enough to stand up, call me, and tell me the truth instead of just ignoring the situation to keep from getting involved.

Decent people are still around :)

First of all, your avatar is about the funniest one I have ever seen! I need that pic full size for a screensaver at work. I about spit my coffee out when I saw it.

Anyway, that really sucks about the car getting hit! I'm pretty sure I would've been numb too. Glad you got the sleezeball that did it though.

Once the matter officially becomes part of the public record, I suggest the next local club meeting be located wherever that slimeball happens to live - with REAL clubs.

SO sorry about your damage. Hopefully you can make the other party pay (and then some) and it can be made right.

Man that really sucks.

I saw someone hit a car in a parking lot and waited and stared at the person until they got out and left a note.

But stupidly I never even thought they would or could leave a fake note.

I only hope they left a legit note.

From now on I'll get the plate.

Decent people are still around :)

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It is very hard to sift through all the "me" mentality that exists for the most part in society these days. It does seem at times that no one cares what they do to the next person...and unfortunately, that is the case with most people. But it is also true that there are pockets of people out there who actually respect other people and treat them with courtesy and will actually go out of their way to help a stranger. It's tough though from day to day dealing with the things that you are exposed to in the general public to keep that in mind.

I don't know what I'd do if that happened to me - I'd be totally mad and angry and down about it all. It is some piece of mind in knowing that you were able to nail the idiot that did this. Hope you are able to get things fixed up with your car quickly and you are able to enjoy it very soon.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It is very hard to sift through all the "me" mentality that exists for the most part in society these days. It does seem at times that no one cares what they do to the next person...and unfortunately, that is the case with most people. But it is also true that there are pockets of people out there who actually respect other people and treat them with courtesy and will actually go out of their way to help a stranger. It's tough though from day to day dealing with the things that you are exposed to in the general public to keep that in mind.

I don't know what I'd do if that happened to me - I'd be totally mad and angry and down about it all. It is some piece of mind in knowing that you were able to nail the idiot that did this. Hope you are able to get things fixed up with your car quickly and you are able to enjoy it very soon.

+1 well said Blue -- bob

Had the same situation with the wife's BMW 535IS a couple weeks ago. A good Samartian saw the women hit our car and got her tag, as she drove away. Wife found her parked nearby and got her information. Our car's paint was all over her white SUV (surprise). Unfortunately, the police didn't want to issue a hit&run ticket to the women, as insurance info had been exchanged & the dunderhead admitted hitting our car. Thank heaven I wasn't there; it could have gotten ugly. Cooler heads prevailed! Her insurance agent told me that a week after she hit my wife, she totaled her car. Can you say "Karma". These H&R type incidents are rampant in the D.C. metro area. I sent the witness a gift certificate for a dinner at a very nice restaurant. Integrity and honor are dying attributes in our society. God help us all.

Sorry about your Shelby JC. I always park out in the middle of nowhere to keep people from dinging my doors, but always half expect someone to mess with my car because I do. Now days, some fruitloop will hit your brand new Shelby and act like it's not their fault you had the audacity to drive a nice car and park it here. And if you club them into a coma, you go to jail. I like how reptile sent a gift certificate to the witness, that's cool. Decent folks need to stick together in this crazy new world.

Archived