TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 rear tire replacement 305/30/19

CANADA GUY

Has anyone tried this size vs. the stock 285/35/19. It revs2.43% more per mile so would change the 3.55 ratio to 3.64 giving better acceleration toward the 3.73 end. It is a bit shorter in height( would look worse on a stock car ) ; but has a bigger footprint and should hook up better with the right compound.Several models are available.

I am wondering about fitting on the stock 9.5" rim.The bulge out with the right pressure should also give more tire flex and traction.

Thoughts ???

Michelin Pilot PS2 has that size; says it's 26.3'' tall. Maybe it would look better if the car were lowered a bit. Maybe the ford racing suspension or similar...Something that will aid in traction. I've been racking my brain trying to find a good solution to getting @600rwhp to the ground while still looking as stock as possible as far as tires are concerned.

Has anyone tried this size vs. the stock 285/35/19. It revs2.43% more per mile so would change the 3.55 ratio to 3.64 giving better acceleration toward the 3.73 end. It is a bit shorter in height( would look worse on a stock car ) ; but has a bigger footprint and should hook up better with the right compound.Several models are available.

I am wondering about fitting on the stock 9.5" rim.The bulge out with the right pressure should also give more tire flex and traction.

Thoughts ???

what brand? who makes it?

I agree that a wider tire would certainly benefit in putting power to the road, but Ford is really adamant about not exceeding spec'd OEM wheel width (and even moreso with the SVTPP). I have no idea whether it's purely for the sake assuring adequate clearance or if GT500's published specs are SO tire-dependent that they just refuse to acknowledge any other tire recommendations beyond a winter substitute.

Although the wheel revolution ratio will certainly increase, I'm not sure it will change any inherent quickness properties with smaller wheel to offset what works out in my mind to be a "zero sum" (or product, in this case) equation. Am I wrong?

I want to swap-out my SVTPP wheels and tires for all-seasons, and am having one hell of a time since Ford isn't authorizing any PCM reprogramming for SVTPP cars and they're even more tight-lipped about sharing ANY information, even refusing to offer any unofficial "what you can safely get away with" guidance. And while I HAVE been able to find some staggered sets that are able to makeup the 28" rear tire diameter within a few mm, they all require dropping to a 275mm width in the process.

Given that I'm likely to be mounting them on 19" RTR wheels with a 33 offset rather than the stock 45, it can theoretically accommodate an additional full 2CM of tire width without exceeding the original sidewall clearance, and I could probably even go to 315's for the sake of exceeding interior clearance by a mere 3mm (while stationary), but I'd hate to be the first person to take a bite from that apple and find I've poisoned myself. 315/35-19's would be very nice indeed, if such a creature exist in nature that I could mate to a suitable front wheel.

This tire stuff is giving me a headache in my backside. :)

I have been in the tire conundrum....I wound up with the only brand that has 295/35/19....see my signature below....I like them but they are loudish....the PS2 would be my first choice, but the 30 series looks way too rubber bandy to me.....the improvement in traction and cornering was signifigant to say the least....

Archived