TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Review of GT350

Whammer

My god.... I think the prototype version looks crappy...but the production version with the finished one piece front bumper and the final badging? Sexy.

Impressive numbers. Most Impressive.

Is that mostly due to the suspension or what? The GT350 is clearly dropping its power to the ground a whole hell of a lot better than the GT500s.

That's great news. However, when are we going to see some pictures of it in final production trim? Wouldn't someone want to see that prior to purchase?

This was posted July 18th. I got to see it live July 19th. Looks goo to me!

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/58834-gt350-delivery/

I just don't care for that version of the mustang. It just seems to scream to me "aftermarket over-the-top body kit installed".

You know the line in the movie Bull Durham when Nuke asks Crash "Can't I just enjoy the moment?" Crash tells him NO!

That's what it feels like to post a positive comment in this whole GT350 thread. For some reason people just can't wait to tell everyone how they don't like the car for some reason or another. The body kit sucks, too much badging, the engines going to blow up, blah, blah blah. :beatdeadhorse:

You know the line in the movie Bull Durham when Nuke asks Crash "Can't I just enjoy the moment?" Crash tells him NO!

That's what it feels like to post a positive comment in this whole GT350 thread. For some reason people just can't wait to tell everyone how they don't like the car for some reason or another. The body kit sucks, too much badging, the engines going to blow up, blah, blah blah. :beatdeadhorse:

Well that's because they didn't see Gary Patterson running circles around me at SAAC-35 in that beautiful 2011 GT350. Seeing it in person made me want to sell my car and definitely my wife in order to be able to buy one. I'll admit, I was one of the skeptics at first revealing too, but seeing it in person....it's just awesome. And the sound is insane! Andy, are you on the list for one? If so I'll trade you my 500 for your 40th? Sound good? Cool.

:hysterical::hysterical: Thank was funny ................................................................................................:fan: ..............................................................:stirpot:

Welcome back Stig. Liking your WRX yet?

Thanks! LOL

Decided to change plans on the STi and went with a 2010 Ram 1500 w/ the Hemi - a little more practical with a kid, especially if he ends up getting another dirt bike. Great truck, but definately miss the Shelby. I poke around in here once in awhile just to see what's new. May even have to do a new 5.0 if I can get the truck paid off a little early.

Thanks! LOL

Decided to change plans on the STi and went with a 2010 Ram 1500 w/ the Hemi - a little more practical with a kid, especially if he ends up getting another dirt bike. Great truck, but definately miss the Shelby. I poke around in here once in awhile just to see what's new. May even have to do a new 5.0 if I can get the truck paid off a little early.

Glad you stuck with American....well what used to be American at least.

One thing that surprises me on this GT350 is weight versus the GT500. I wonder if these GT350s have the 11inch alcoas or something in the rear? With proper traction on a GT500 I'm sure it could produce the same results.

Glad you stuck with American....well what used to be American at least.

One thing that surprises me on this GT350 is weight versus the GT500. I wonder if these GT350s have the 11inch alcoas or something in the rear? With proper traction on a GT500 I'm sure it could produce the same results.

No doubt - if the GT500 could get its power to hook up it would probably be in the top 5 fastest 0-60 mph production cars on earth.

I have no doubt. I think the stock tires absolutely ruin the GT500 numbers as well. Its really a shame from a marketing standpoint. If the control arms and wheels and tires were different, the GT500 would be viewed entirely different from the auto journalists perspective. Unless your name is Richard Hammond. The guy is grinning from ear to ear while he is driving it, and then calls the car rubbish. I love that show, but wish they would give a little love to their majority fan base. I bet 3 days with us down in Texas would change their perspective a bit!!

Okay, so why hasn't anyone addressed what needs to be done to hook the GT500 up? Is it just tires? Do the tires need to be wider? How wide can you go without altering the wheel wells?

Okay, so why hasn't anyone addressed what needs to be done to hook the GT500 up? Is it just tires? Do the tires need to be wider? How wide can you go without altering the wheel wells?

Good question. I had 315's on mine and it would spin at will. The 4.10's sure didn't help with traction, but I also had tires 2" taller than stock.

To achieve the ultimate 0-60 is probably needing to be done with 315's in race compound and "maybe" 3.55 or 3.30? gears on stock height tires.

Did I read somewhere that this car is running $90K?

In Canada it's hitting that price, in the US it's probably a bit cheaper.

One other note about Canada....you cannot get the GT350 here. The car cannot be imported, several Canadians had bought GT's to have them modified and now they have found out they can't get the GT350 into Canada. They are now selling those GT's they bought. I live near a Shelby authorized installer and they are trying to see if they can build the GT350's here in Canada in order to get around this problem.

Archived