TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why.......Why, Why, Why?

Snakebit0628

I love Ford, always have, always will. I love my GT500, but sometimes I just don't understand. :headscratch: They are so proud to have cut so much weight on the 2011 GT500. With the all aluminum block with the super dynawhopping, state of the art plasma wire coating revelation, 2.75" HIGH FLOW exhaust, bigger H/E, etc. But they stick cheap *ss cast iron heads on it!!!!!!! I don't understand. I would gladly pay another $700-$800 for them to have put some decent headers on there. I paid extra for the performance package!!!! Give me some friggin' headers!!! :banghead: We're not talking about a base V6 model here. It just baffles me. Anyway, I'm done groaning.

I love Ford, always have, always will. I love my GT500, but sometimes I just don't understand. :headscratch: They are so proud to have cut so much weight on the 2011 GT500. With the all aluminum block with the super dynawhopping, state of the art plasma wire coating revelation, 2.75" HIGH FLOW exhaust, bigger H/E, etc. But they stick cheap *ss cast iron heads on it!!!!!!! I don't understand. I would gladly pay another $700-$800 for them to have put some decent headers on there. I paid extra for the performance package!!!! Give me some friggin' headers!!! :banghead: We're not talking about a base V6 model here. It just baffles me. Anyway, I'm done groaning.

When you say cast iron heads, I assume you are referring to the exhaust manifolds. Yes a shorty header would have been a nice factory touch, such as on the 5.0...

Mike

When you say cast iron heads, I assume you are referring to the exhaust manifolds. Yes a shorty header would have been a nice factory touch, such as on the 5.0...

Mike

Yeah, I meant cast iron exhaust manifolds. I just got too emotional. I'm a little better now.

When is it best to use shorty headers with the setup Ford has now. I ask this because I am ignorant with use of headers on engine set ups. I know it is important to use long tube headers on small blocks (??????) for approp back pressure or other setups. But I just know that each header has its own use for particular engine setups. Anyone care to elaborate (shed some light) for my own info, please do so.

Archived