TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ordering from SHELBY PERFORMANCE PARTS

2sharpie

As the title implies, has anyone ordered parts directly from Shelby lately, specifically a H/E ?? I ordered my Shelby H/E over 7 WEEKS AGO, and they still can't even give me a date of when I will get it. Is this normal from Shelby or for that part?? I was if I don't get it in a week or so (8 or 9 weeks?) to call them back!

I just ordered a whole bunch of stuff from shelby, and according to Tim he states that the long wait on the radiators and heat exchangers are from the supplier of the cores that are shipped to C&R. From doing a little research the delay is across the board for retailers selling these products. Tim also said that production is back in line and they are catching up with orders. Tim said it could take up to 8 weeks to get mine and I ordered everything on Thursday. Be patient from what I have read they are worth the wait to get them.

The 4th of July sale took everyone by surprise, I think. Huge volume of sales of that plus the tanks and radiator resulted in a lot of backlogging. I ordered mine later in July and was told by Tim it would be closer to 8 weeks than the 2-3 weeks indicated on the site. I live in the desert and can really benefit from this, but there's no point in trying to place blame on anyone, least of SPP.

Jim

The Shelby HE, radiator and reservoirs are shipped from C&R, the manufacturer. I ordered mine during the July 4th sale and I received my HE two weeks back and my reservoirs last week. Shelby has nothing to do with the process.

I ordered some other Shelby parts last week and they arrived today. If Shelby controls the process, you will receive the parts within 7-10 days. I have been very pleased with their service and shipping times. However, C&R is another story. Their parts are top shelf but their CS and shipping are suspect.

Not placing any blame....just making sure there wasn't some kind of problems with them or something else. Got all my goodies from VMP, ARH headers and H-pipe and just waiting for the H/E to install everything.

What H-pipe did you get and what's the layout for your exhaust? all 3" or are you reducing down to 2.75 (2011 car I assume).

Nope...2010. American Racing made me a catted H-pipe.....so reducing down to 2.5" and then hooking up to my Roush O/r.

Based upon what I'm reading here it appears that is status quot for SA.

I ordered a couple of hats during their Father's day sale a full week before Father's day and they arrived a few days after Father's day. Good thing I didn't order them for my Father haha.

The quality of the hats was so poor I couldn't wear either of them so I gave them to my neighbors kids who loved them. My one neighbor worked at Dodge his whole life until the plant shut down last year and I still get a kick out of how angry he gets with his kid running around wearing his "favorite" GT500 hat.

**** UPDATE****

Well this is weird..........after 3 calls in 5 days (and being told another 2 1/2 weeks or so to wait) , guess what showed up today?? The funny thing is that I ordered the H/E from Shelby on Aug 8th (billed my credit card immediately). But according to C&R Racing, they didnt get my order until Aug 31- drop shipped it on the 23rd and showed up today. Kudos to C&R for the quick turnaround........... now the H/E, Headers, H-pipe ,pulley and tune are being installed next Monday!!!!!!

Based upon what I'm reading here it appears that is status quot for SA.

I had just the opposite experience.

From order to delivery, four days.

And I orderd a BUNCH of stuff too. The only part that has not arrived is the adjustable panhard bar and Tim explained that it would not be included as they are made to order from the Mfgr. It will be shipped as soon as they make it and ship it, direct from the Mfgr (which I think is BMR).

I could not be happier with the Shelby Performance Parts store. From my initial contact with a tech support rep, to the sales rep, to the shipping dept. (WELL packed), to the quick shipping Fed-Ex gave them/me.

I feel the "status quo" you read about is only the people who have had problems.

It's common to bitch about poor service but not so common to bitch about good service!

I'm giving you my first hand (and recent) experience and it was GREAT.

Phill

Did any of you get an email to let you know that the products have been shipped or did it just show up? I ordered the tires for 399.99 on Monday and they said that the tires would be shipped within the next two to three days. Just trying to figure out when my new rubber is coming in.........

I would not order anything that is not on the shelf in stock-this company is or should be big enough to have stock items ready to go on anything they have for sale.

If a credit card is billed and then your order is shipped late or weeks later there is something seriously wrong with this process.

Just my thoughts..GG

Archived