TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Opinions on New Rims & hood

These rims are from Godspeed they weight under 30pds for a 20x10. I can't make my mind up on which one to get the all chrome is not my style. I like the flat black or the black chrome is also a choice. I been looking around for a pic of them on a blk mustang but none to be found !!

For some reason the pic's won't upload but the site is Cruzin concept.com they have great prices, If the hood loaded that is the one, I'm thinking of buying

Thanks

new hood.bmp

new hood.bmp

I'm torn on the hood. I dig the look but it is a ringer for the Saleen hood which to me shouldn't be on a Shelby. Nothing against Saleen. I like the wheels but I'm not a fan of the black chrome. I'm willing to bet the black chrome look dated very quickly.

I like the black ones better, I think that's a Saleen hood, it's hard to tell.

25th_anniversary_saleen_2.jpg

2008-SMS-Twenty-Fifth-Anniversary-M.jpg

StealthGodspeeds.jpg

ChromeGodspeedWheels.jpg

Thank you for putting the photo's up, I got slammed by 2 trojan viruses even with my anti virus this and that and its still screwed up. But that saleen hood looks close to the aftermarket hood. I thought it would be a nice upgrade to are hoods and I was reading something about hood scoops that the rush of air can give your cars nose more of a lift than anything else.

As far as the rims, I been looking for a nice deep dish set with the price and wgt thought these were a good find.

Thanks again

I'm torn on the hood. I dig the look but it is a ringer for the Saleen hood which to me shouldn't be on a Shelby. Nothing against Saleen. I like the wheels but I'm not a fan of the black chrome. I'm willing to bet the black chrome look dated very quickly.

Do you think the flat black would look good ???? I posted another pic of the hood it looks like the saleen and the black chrome is nice and I'm the last person to follow a tread. I have seen the black chrome on a black gt and it really did make me want it. No rush anyway thanks for the input.

new hood 2.bmp

new hood 2.bmp

The flat black with a brushed lip would be a good contrast to pear in the black but it could also make things too busy with the different finishes. It's a tough call.

I may just get a deep dish rim with a nice chrome lip and a black center. I screwed my rims up used chrome cleaner spray on them not realizing it and everything fogged up even tried wet sanding the lip. But it started to flake up

The hood as I see it is just a nice upgrade with a scoop and with the stripes it shouldnt look that much off from are hoods. Well at least in my fuzzy :hysterical: world

I like both the hood and the wheels. I like all the wheels except the flat black and the chrome ones. Most of the two-tones look nice. My problem is that they are going on a Shelby. I'm kind of nostalgic about the whole Shelby thing. I'll keep mine with an original or retro-style theme. But it's not about what I or we like, but what you want. You'll certainly be unique, but don't expect the customization to add to the value. It may even decrease it a bit. But if you aint selling, do what makes you happy. An open scoop and lightweight rims that allow a brake upgrade would be nice.

I like both the hood and the wheels. I like all the wheels except the flat black and the chrome ones. Most of the two-tones look nice. My problem is that they are going on a Shelby. I'm kind of nostalgic about the whole Shelby thing. I'll keep mine with an original or retro-style theme. But it's not about what I or we like, but what you want. You'll certainly be unique, but don't expect the customization to add to the value. It may even decrease it a bit. But if you aint selling, do what makes you happy. An open scoop and lightweight rims that allow a brake upgrade would be nice.

First, I have to repeat myself this is the longest I have ever owned a new car. Since that being said I will be keeping this car so rims and tires are going to be like a pair of shoes which one will. I wear tonight!!! When my wife told my sister and mother that I painted the car. They said which car she said the mustang he still has that car even my cousin and aunt were shocked. My father use to call me the car killer !!

I have every part that was swapped out like most you guys even the orginal brake pads so if I have to return the car to stock it won't be a problem. Also if you remember I traded my 3 month old infiniti for this stang When time comes it will be also to factory specs. I really not looking at this as an investment more of a challenge to see how long it will be in my possession. So, I guess the hood is a go but rims are up in the air.

I'm thinking no on the hood. It looks like it cake off a ship from Battlestar Galactica, or an '02 mustang boy racer. As for the black chrome... I have a black gt500 and have black chrome wheels and love the look. I am not a big chrome fan, but I also didn't want to follow the standard black with polished lip, so I found the black chrome. So far almost everyone that sees the car loves the wheels (not just mustang guys, but guys with exotics, and old school muscle cars as well). Just my .02

I'm thinking no on the hood. It looks like it cake off a ship from Battlestar Galactica, or an '02 mustang boy racer. As for the black chrome... I have a black gt500 and have black chrome wheels and love the look. I am not a big chrome fan, but I also didn't want to follow the standard black with polished lip, so I found the black chrome. So far almost everyone that sees the car loves the wheels (not just mustang guys, but guys with exotics, and old school muscle cars as well). Just my .02

Dude you made me spit my drink out of my mouth !!! Can you post a pic of your car!!! I have not been able to find one with the black chrome

Thanks

Archived