TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally got my car back

I finally got my car back after spinning a rod bearing about 5 weeks ago and it was a hard and expensive lesson learned.

Wound up rebuilding the entire short block with all new parts except for the pistons and 2 new fuel pumps for good measure.

I guess I can finally get my new CCW'S out of the kitchen floor and on my car and get it in the paint shop next week but I don't know if I'm ready to give it back up just yet after 5 weeks without it.

Steel Cobra crank

Manley H beams

King bearings

BBR lockouts

Melling billet pump

2v tensioner

metal guides

New lash adjusters

All ARP hardware

CP/Modmax 14cc 9.05:1 CR

You ever get that new hood painted and installed?

So what was the cause of the failure anyway?

Hoods been installed for a couple of months but has not been painted yet, the white and blue two tone is starting to grow on me and the cause of the failure was stupidity on my part, I think it had something to do with slamming the shit out of 2nd while going just a tad to fast and bouncing the limiter a couple of times while the rear tires were skipping like a rock on a pond to run down a fly by who damn near tore my drivers mirror off on the way by. Took out the front 2 rod bearings and didn't do the clutch any good either.

Hoods been installed for a couple of months but has not been painted yet, the white and blue two tone is starting to grow on me and the cause of the failure was stupidity on my part, I think it had something to do with slamming the shit out of 2nd while going just a tad to fast and bouncing the limiter a couple of times while the rear tires were skipping like a rock on a pond to run down a fly by who damn near tore my drivers mirror off on the way by. Took out the front 2 rod bearings and didn't do the clutch any good either.

Lesson learned you didn't end up in a spin which could be a lot worse and your not hurt.

Lesson learned you didn't end up in a spin which could be a lot worse and your not hurt.

Archived