TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby attack site?

twobjshelbys

Firefox is reporting the following and won't let me post.

Reported Attack Page!

This web page at www.teamshelby.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

When I use IE I get something different error that reports fatal event trhrough Norton that blames a site called quintivolt.com

Let's see if IE can post...

Yup Nortons when FULL BLOWN RED ALERT this morning when I visited Team Shelby. Not good :(

Steve

Safari on Mac is fine.

According to a quick Google search many sites have been hacked into. Looks like TS now joins the list.

Destination Address: 93.186.170.41, 80

Attacker URL: quintivolt.com/ie/index.php?s=IBB@G

Description: Network traffice from quintivolt.com/ie/index.php?s=IBB@G matches the signature of a known attack.

Hope Robert sees this thread.

Steve

Yup, Firefox is reporting the same thing now that it has the built in malware security in partnership with StopBadware.org and Google. Here is the Google (safebrowsing.clients.google.com) report on TeamShelby.com. TS has made the bad list.

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for teamshelby.com

What is the current listing status for teamshelby.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 8 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 5 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-09-18, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-09-18.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including quintivolt.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS23005 (SWITCH).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, teamshelby.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.

* If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Yup Nortons when FULL BLOWN RED ALERT this morning when I visited Team Shelby. Not good :(

Steve

I have Norton's latest security suite and I get occasional "an attack on your computer was blocked" messages when I'm on this forum.

That can't be coincedence, that all of us using different security programs are getting these messages.

Phill

According to a quick Google search many sites have been hacked into. Looks like TS now joins the list.

Destination Address: 93.186.170.41, 80

Attacker URL: quintivolt.com/ie/index.php?s=IBB@G

Description: Network traffice from quintivolt.com/ie/index.php?s=IBB@G matches the signature of a known attack.

Hope Robert sees this thread.

Steve

I sent him a link to this forum yesterday.

I'm running McAfee and have not recieved any threat warnings, and it shows this site as being safe and secure at this time. :headscratch:

I sent him a link to this forum yesterday.

I'm running McAfee and have not recieved any threat warnings, and it shows this site as being safe and secure at this time. :headscratch:

It was Google that appears to have put TS on the bad list. If Google finds a link to a known bad site it flags the site on the bad list (maintained by stopbadware.org). Firefox now checks sites against the list and sends up the red warning.

This happened immediately after Firefox updated and started using Google's threat system. Nothing at all changed with TS, it changed with Firefox and Google. I've switched back and forth between IE and FF and IE works just fine. I've also scanned with Norton and a couple of online services and there's no malicious d/l's occurring from the TS site.

I just disable the Tools>Options>Security>Block Reported Attack Sites while I'm in TS and everything is fine. Firefox is going to have to figure this out, and soon, because I've found other sites it's doing the same thing to that I know are clean...like my brokerage account! :banghead:

It's also starting to redirect, for no apparent reason, from various sites to Google's home page. :redcard:

I may just switch back to IE until Firefox figures this update fiasco out.

John

This happened immediately after Firefox updated and started using Google's threat system. Nothing at all changed with TS, it changed with Firefox and Google. I've switched back and forth between IE and FF and IE works just fine. I've also scanned with Norton and a couple of online services and there's no malicious d/l's occurring from the TS site.

I just disable the Tools>Options>Security>Block Reported Attack Sites while I'm in TS and everything is fine. Firefox is going to have to figure this out, and soon, because I've found other sites it's doing the same thing to that I know are clean...like my brokerage account! :banghead:

It's also starting to redirect, for no apparent reason, from various sites to Google's home page. :redcard:

John

I wouldn't be so quick!

There's a reason why IE is not considered safest browser...you may have just found one!

John

You are VERY wrong and it would be unwise to do what you did.

The same open-x exploit hit corral.net and some users poo-poohed the situation and ignored the warnings and the result was having to wipe an entire hard drive.

What you don't understand is the issue is with the advertising. If the infected ad displays on a topic you click on (the ads rotate) and you do not have the proper real-time threat protection, you're in for a rude awakening.

You may not have a problem. The other 5 chambers in the revolver are empty. If you happen to get the one with the bullet, it might be bloody and messy and ruin your week.

I would not suggest anyone disable the warnings. You'll be sorry.

Archived