TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Parts Ordered!

:rockon: I just got done ordering my parts today. Right now my SGT is bone stock as far as horsepower goes. I ordered a Brenspeed tune and the Steeda carbon fiber inlet elbow from Brenspeed, Corsa Extreme exhaust from Shelby Performance Parts, and 3.73 gears from Ford Racing. :spend: I'm hoping I can get a day off from work next week to get up to Buffalo and get a baseline dyno run. I'm really hoping to have everthing installed and have my dyno for the results done by Oct. 7th. Brenspeed said at the latest the tuner would show up on the 30th. When I was talking with the tech guys at Brenspeed and at Corsa, they both said that with the tune, elbow, and exhaust I should expect around 30 more HP at the wheels. (10 from exhaust, and 20 from tune/elbow) The gears should help with the seat of the pants feel as well. I am really excited about this...I've been wanting to do this for quite a while now and It's finally going to get done. I will be sure to update this thread and post my dyno results as soon as I get them.

:peelout::peelout::peelout:

:rockon: I just got done ordering my parts today. Right now my SGT is bone stock as far as horsepower goes. I ordered a Brenspeed tune and the Steeda carbon fiber inlet elbow from Brenspeed, Corsa Extreme exhaust from Shelby Performance Parts, and 3.73 gears from Ford Racing. :spend: I'm hoping I can get a day off from work next week to get up to Buffalo and get a baseline dyno run. I'm really hoping to have everthing installed and have my dyno for the results done by Oct. 7th. Brenspeed said at the latest the tuner would show up on the 30th. When I was talking with the tech guys at Brenspeed and at Corsa, they both said that with the tune, elbow, and exhaust I should expect around 30 more HP at the wheels. (10 from exhaust, and 20 from tune/elbow) The gears should help with the seat of the pants feel as well. I am really excited about this...I've been wanting to do this for quite a while now and It's finally going to get done. I will be sure to update this thread and post my dyno results as soon as I get them.

Sounds about right... I did similar mods and got similar results... no gears for me, yet, though... the 3.73 seems to be a great choice - nice improvement today, still a great ratio when I add a supercharger.

Congrats, and good luck!

Jer

About time you made the jump now it will never stop spending !! But, I did the 3.73 and jumped to 4.10's it made a big difference all the way around. I have no problems with hwy speeds the rev's are fine and remember you have 5th gear.

About time you made the jump now it will never stop spending !! But, I did the 3.73 and jumped to 4.10's it made a big difference all the way around. I have no problems with hwy speeds the rev's are fine and remember you have 5th gear.

Agree on the 410's. I installed the 410's when my car was n/a and it felt like i gained 50 h.p. I installed the steeda carbon fiber elbo and the Brenspeed tune along with the JBA shorty headers and 4 inch aluminum driveshaft they didn't have as much punch as the 410's by itself. The 373's are just to close to the stock 355's to make a lot of difference. I'm now a SGT/SC and i still love my 410's. Good Luck.

Sounds about right... I did similar mods and got similar results... no gears for me, yet, though... the 3.73 seems to be a great choice - nice improvement today, still a great ratio when I add a supercharger.

Congrats, and good luck!

Jer

When you did your mods, how happy were you, and how much better did he car feel?

Agree on the 410's. I installed the 410's when my car was n/a and it felt like i gained 50 h.p. I installed the steeda carbon fiber elbo and the Brenspeed tune along with the JBA shorty headers and 4 inch aluminum driveshaft they didn't have as much punch as the 410's by itself. The 373's are just to close to the stock 355's to make a lot of difference. I'm now a SGT/SC and i still love my 410's. Good Luck.

You guys and your 4.10's are making me feel like I made a bad decison...

Hey just don't want you to do it twice. If you want you can have my 3.73 meet me half way and there yours. If you dont want them Jer you can have them. But do the 4.10's you will be happy trust me, I'm a cop !!!

Can you guess what movie that line is from???

I don't mean to make you feel like you made a bad decision on gears. If i were to change my gears now that i am supercharged, i would go down to 373's .I just feel that 355's to 373's is so close that you won't get the seat of the pants feel that you are expecting. I changed to 410's after the other mods and i can truthfully say that the 410's did more to wake up the car than all my other mod's combined. To many people are scared of 410's, thinking they are to much for steet driving, but with 5 spds. they are very much streetable. You want find a better mod for your car for the money. Good-Luck.

All the parts are in and the baseline dyno is scheduled for Sat, oct 2nd. I'm hoping (based on what i've seen on here) for about 282 at the rear wheels when I get my baseline and somewhere around 310-315 after my mods. I can't wait! :rockon:

Good luck and if you like to use my Leaf blower idea feel free but getting a patent on it !!

Archived