TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Silver Springs Show

Hot Pony

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a bunch of us from MFMC that are going and have already received our conformation notices,mine is 314. One of the other guys number is 906 and he sent his reg form in two weeks ago so i'll bet the first 1k regs (the free ones) are all gone.

I'm wondering what Daves number is . Last year he was #6.

Vic

Last year I was in attendance as a spectator. This went down in history as the coldest car show I have ever attended. It was also a historic event as it was my first trip to FL. I keep hearing how warm and nice FL is compared to MI that time of year, however, I think it's all talk :slapfight:

I think this year I'll stay in MI and play in the snow :jackinbox:

Coldest...heck it snowed....in Florida....... But we are planned on going back this year...registration 297 and maybe we'll be able to make it to Sunday's session and if not maybe we can get in some snow skiing.... :happy feet: :happy feet:

That's the Spirit! :party2:

Coldest...heck it snowed....in Florida....... But we are planned on going back this year...registration 297 and maybe we'll be able to make it to Sunday's session and if not maybe we can get in some snow skiing.... :happy feet: :happy feet:

We promise better weather this year.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a bunch of us from MFMC that are going and have already received our conformation notices,mine is 314. One of the other guys number is 906 and he sent his reg form in two weeks ago so i'll bet the first 1k regs (the free ones) are all gone.

I'm wondering what Daves number is . Last year he was #6.

Vic

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Just got my reg #....1145.

Just checking to see who will be attending Silver Springs this year.

Vic, tried to PM you but couldn't leave message.

Joe :shift:

I'll be bringing two cars this year, my GT-H and my 1965 Mustang vintage SCCA race car (hopefully depending on weather). Registration numbers 884 and 885.

• 2 weeks later...

In the grass which is clipped low and pretty level. I doubt if you'll have a issue with your car being lowered in the frt. I only have 4.25 ins at the frt and have had no problems.

Try and make the run over to Cedar Key on fri. It's a lot of fun.

Vic

When is this show and where in Silver Springs? Thanks

The show's main sponsor is National Parts Depot. The contact person is Derek Putnan, 352-861-8701 ext 4207 or e-mail at dputnam@npdlink.com. Last year a super cold front went through and the rain turned to snow, funny to see show cars with icicles on them. Most years the weather is tolerable and this is a great show for the family. If you're into trophies, maybe not the best show to go to as there are so many cars how do you pick the best. Super nice setting, a lot of shade, and some of the most interesting cars in the South. The Shelbys usually get their own place next to the the main buildings (restrooms, food, drink). The car show pretty much has the entire Silver Springs attraction to ourselves, as this is a slow period for tourism. Bring a jacket and a bottle of Jack Daniels just in case.

• 2 months later...

I'm in - (#1226 yuck) - that is if it doesn't rain, snow, sleet, freeze like last year! BUURRRRRRRRRRR!!

Probably come in early Friday morning for the ride to Cedar Key and, based on the weather, stick around through Sunday.

Sam

Aw come on Sam and tough it out. Those "special" coffees we drank last year did the trick with the cold. I'm bringing the GT-H and probably my 1965 Mustang set up as a period correct SCCA race car. The SGT will have to sit this one out, unless it's another one of those super cold weekends. Larry

Here are the preparations for Silver Springs, the only thing left is what to wear? Do we dress like two years ago and wear the Team Shelby t-shirt or dress like they did for the Bears game yesterday and bring lots of ''special coffee''? I'll be leaving at 5 am Saturday morning and returning that evening.

Before

th_IMG_1585.jpg

During

th_IMG_0976.jpg th_IMG_0977.jpg

After

th_IMG_0982.jpg

Aw come on Sam and tough it out. Those "special" coffees we drank last year did the trick with the cold. I'm bringing the GT-H and probably my 1965 Mustang set up as a period correct SCCA race car. The SGT will have to sit this one out, unless it's another one of those super cold weekends. Larry

Well I doubt if we'll see anything dressed like the girls in Joe's sig, (except in some of the local "gentlemen's clubs"!), but who knows, maybe we'll go back to the old Florida roller-coaster weather and hit one of those 70-degree and sunny weekends!

I just didn't relish washing the SGT after the Cedar Key run in the cold, freezing rain!

Guess I'm STILL packing the long-johns and the coffee anti-freeze right next to the T-shirts and shorts!

If the weather holds, and everyone's up for it, we should try and gather the Shelbys together on Friday or Saturday night at one of the local hangouts!

Sam

Well I doubt if we'll see anything dressed like the girls in Joe's sig, (except in some of the local "gentlemen's clubs"!), but who knows, maybe we'll go back to the old Florida roller-coaster weather and hit one of those 70-degree and sunny weekends!

I just didn't relish washing the SGT after the Cedar Key run in the cold, freezing rain!

Guess I'm STILL packing the long-johns and the coffee anti-freeze right next to the T-shirts and shorts!

If the weather holds, and everyone's up for it, we should try and gather the Shelbys together on Friday or Saturday night at one of the local hangouts!

Sam

Saturday night would work for me. If the weather is viscous then I'll bring the SGT and do the Cedar Key run on Friday as well. I'll scout around for a bar / restaurant with a well lighted parking lot. Larry

Larry,

I am planning to attend. I have a 2010 Grabber Blue GT 500. As well as a 1965 Mustang coupe set up as an original 1966 A Sedan vintage road race car. Look forward to meeting you and seeing your cars. Do you have any pictures of the 65 you could send me or post?

I think we should all plan a meeting somewhere in the park at a scheduled time. What do you think?

Joe

Larry,

I am planning to attend. I have a 2010 Grabber Blue GT 500. As well as a 1965 Mustang coupe set up as an original 1966 A Sedan vintage road race car. Look forward to meeting you and seeing your cars. Do you have any pictures of the 65 you could send me or post?

I think we should all plan a meeting somewhere in the park at a scheduled time. What do you think?

Joe

If you get to the registration line early Saturday (we're talking about 6 AM) then all of the Shelby's get parked closest to the main buildings. It would be an interesting display to have two vintage "Shelbyized" race cars there, right along side two of the newer Shelbys. My car will not be totally done, but plan to bring it anyway. The aluminum side window frames, and stripes will not be installed, and will need some additional detailing, but otherwise all set mechanically. I'll be at Silver Springs on Friday evening, staying at the Holiday Inn Express next to the park . If you hear a really loud car, then that would be me, my '65 has a straight race prep exhaust system. I'll try and post some pictures by Friday, it's so cold in Florida (28 degrees this AM) that garage work is out.

Larry.

If you get to the registration line early Saturday (we're talking about 6 AM) then all of the Shelby's get parked closest to the main buildings. It would be an interesting display to have two vintage "Shelbyized" race cars there, right along side two of the newer Shelbys. My car will not be totally done, but plan to bring it anyway. The aluminum side window frames, and stripes will not be installed, and will need some additional detailing, but otherwise all set mechanically. I'll be at Silver Springs on Friday evening, staying at the Holiday Inn Express next to the park . If you hear a really loud car, then that would be me, my '65 has a straight race prep exhaust system. I'll try and post some pictures by Friday, it's so cold in Florida (28 degrees this AM) that garage work is out.

Larry.

I am staying at the Holiday Inn Express as well. What car do you plan to take on Friday to Cedar Key? What color is your 65? Mine has the 65,66 R Model exhaust out the side. I am in Tampa, where are you in Florida?

Joe

I am staying at the Holiday Inn Express as well. What car do you plan to take on Friday to Cedar Key? What color is your 65? Mine has the 65,66 R Model exhaust out the side. I am in Tampa, where are you in Florida?

Joe

The '65 is Wimbledon white. I won't do Cedar Key if I bring the '65, as it is barely streetable. I plan on getting at the HI Express around Noon on Friday and leaving mid-day Sunday. If it's Arctic cold then I'll bring my SGT and do Cedar Key. I'll send PMs on plans. Larry

• 2 weeks later...

Archived