TEAM SHELBY FORUM

IUP - Removing panel for Carroll's signature

My SGT has the Interior Upgrade Package (IUP) and I would like to get Carroll's signature on the upper dash panel on the passenger's side. The problem is that Carroll no longer sits in the cars to sign the dash.

Question: Has anyone remove the aluminum dash panel, how did you do it, and did you have problems reapplying the panel?

I presume that the panel is adhered with double-sided tape and that the aluminum bends very easy.

Thanks .... Don

My SGT has the Interior Upgrade Package (IUP) and I would like to get Carroll's signature on the upper dash panel on the passenger's side. The problem is that Carroll no longer sits in the cars to sign the dash.

Question: Has anyone remove the aluminum dash panel, how did you do it, and did you have problems reapplying the panel?

I presume that the panel is adhered with double-sided tape and that the aluminum bends very easy.

Thanks .... Don

Instructions attached...

First take the whole airbag out (instructions in Airbag Panel Removal)

Then pry the cover off of the airbag (Airbag Trim Cover Removal)

Jer

Airbag panel removal.pdf

Airbag_20Trim_20Cover_20removal_1_.pdf

Airbag panel removal.pdf

Airbag_20Trim_20Cover_20removal_1_.pdf

I know there is a thread on here with directions and pictures. Do a search. It is easy, though. Disconnect battery for at least an hour. Remove glove box (4 screws), disconnect air bag (one plug), unscrew airbag from underneath (2 screws) GENTLY push airbag out from behind, then remove aluminum cover by bending the metal flanges that connect the cover though a rubber ring. Label part with "this side up" and any other instructions you feel necessary. Send a disposable camera along for a picture of Carroll signing it (no guarantees), Mail the part to Carroll. Takes several weeks but worth every penny.

Wow. Someone beat me to it.

Archived