TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brake Ducts To Clear a Whipple Install?

OK, so in a few months I'm gonna install a Whipple 550. I know the brake cooling kits have some clearance issues, so I didn't do the SPP driving light/brake duct bezel... I figured I'd just put in some JLT bezels (already have the FRPP 2.5 inch cooling kit on ice in the garage). How far to the outer edges of the honeycomb valance trim plates do I need to install the bezels to leave enough clearance for an intercooler? Anyone done this?

Thanks!

Jer

Check out my thread on a complete Whipple 550 install on a SGT with brake ducts.....there is no way to make them work like before, but you can still get some airflow. I am also lookign at making a fan kit for these like Corvette owners have been doing...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/60254-mywickedshelbys-transformation-to-mysuperwickedshelby/

Alex

Jer, contact Rick Yates (pottydr) to see his pics. He just installed the JLT brake ducts on his GO, and loves them.

Chris

Thanks, Chris... will do.

Jer

Rick's GO SGT isn't supercharged yet, so the brake ducts are not an issue...

Alex

Alex,

I've been watching the build as you've posted it, and all I can say is "WOW".

I can see your incredible attention to detail, I'm extremely impressed with the obvious love you put into it!

I looked at the brake duct location (the photos from behind the front fascia), but didn't see the intercooler or get an impression of where to mount them relative to that.

I'll watch for more pix as you continue, maybe get a better glimpse.

Keep up the great work!

Jer

Thanks Jer!!!

I will get some more pics when Michael's SGT is back on the lift. The brake duct bezels are completely blocked by the heat exchanger. I routed the brake duct tubes into the lower grill.

My Corvette buddies that road race their cars are using Marine fans in their ducts that really pump the air. I am lookign into what diameters they have as they seem to work even better than the air we get with a direct air flow from the bezel,

Alex

Archived