TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 SS Press Release

J&DGT500

Only 1,000 total Super Snake packages for the 2011 model year

Optional Shelby/Kenne Bell 800 horsepower tune on pump gas

For the 2011 model year, more power, a new anthracite wheel, white stripes and new side scoops are optional

http://www.shelbyautos.com/news.asp?id=59

QUOTE-

For the 2011 model year, more power, a new anthracite wheel, white stripes and new side scoops are optional.

“We’ve only offered black stripes and chrome wheels on the Super Snake since we introduced the package a couple of years ago,” added Davis.

“With the serious advancements made to the 2011 model year, it was time to differentiate it from the previous generation car. So we added an 800 horsepower tune, optional wheel, side scoop and stripes to make it easy to spot the new Shelby Super Snake.”

END QUOTE~

Apparently someone needs to tell John Luft and/or Shelby American that the 2010 Model Year is the first year of "the new generation" and is NOT one of "the previous generation" cars, not the 2011 !

I fail to understand why the 2011 gets a White Stripe option to "differentiate" it from the "previous generation" cars when the only "real" difference is what they make the engine block out of.

Oh, wait...there were apparently "serious advancements" made to the 2011. Yeah, there is that 10 more horsepower deal...but wait a second...the 2010 has 40 more horsepower than "the previous generation" Shelby GT500.

It must be the Electric Power Steering Assist (EPAS) that is the "serious advancement" <??SHRUG??>.

Come on John Luft and/or Gary Davis, WAKE UP! The '10 Model Year was the first of the "new generation" (which I didn't know until I read Shelby's news release).

Phill

Yea I did think I should have added something after I posted, but hey I'm still trying to figure out how to change my profile picture, guess that is a job for my son.

Not sure if you are responding to my post or not. But I thought the original link to the autoblog post was fine.

I was trying give the Shelby American types constructive feedback about their press release refer'ing back to their website, that hadn't been updated with any 2011 SS info. (at least as far as I could tell)

Thanks for the link

Not sure if you are responding to my post or not. But I thought the original link to the autoblog post was fine.

I was trying give the Shelby American types constructive feedback about their press release refer'ing back to their website, that hadn't been updated with any 2011 SS info. (at least as far as I could tell)

Thanks for the link

Dont know why I just noticed the rear bumper extra black section is painted on the new Super Snakes. Looks great that way and an extra rear valnce to offset it. Would like to do that on my 2010 GT500.

supersnake---02.jpg

Dont know why I just noticed the rear bumper extra black section is painted on the new Super Snakes. Looks great that way and an extra rear valnce to offset it. Would like to do that on my 2010 GT500.

supersnake---02.jpg

Even though this body style has been out for quite some time, and I would think it would have "grown" on most Mustang enthusiasts by now, I still hear from many that the "wide rump" rear view of these cars is "not it" in the styling dept.

My personal opinion, I like the front redesign, but that "stick it out" butt end, not so much, however, a Super Snake................... :drool: I can overlook the hump rump.

R

supersnake---02.jpg

Huh....that picture was taken in Pebble Beach.

The blue valance is only on the Super Snake Concept car pictured.

A production SS does not get the blue valance treatment. It's black just like a GT500.

This has been pointed out in various other threads on this forum and confirmed by the folks at Shelby.

Phill

I'm wondering too why there is no obvious posting on www.shelbyamerican.com about the 2011 SS. Same thing happened after the launch of the GT350. It took them 4 days to post it on their own website. Then you wonder why sales are lagging....

supersnake---02.jpg

That car is a 2010 not a 2011. In the front picture of the car look at the headrests. The 2011 print is different and a little less obnoxious.

Archived