TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cool pic of my car at Atlanta Motor Speedway

mustangman66

Took my car to the Friday night drags/show N' shine last Friday. Didn't drag her but I took 2nd place in the car show and everyone who enters gets to do a couple of laps around the track. Ended up with 2 trophies as my wife took second place in her division with our 09 Mini Cooper John Cooper Works. Awesome night!!

gt500AMS.jpg

That's awesome, congrats! How often do they do this "Friday Night drags/show N' shine" event? I'm just North of Atlanta and would interested in attending.

They do it every Friday night from around June to mid September. Unfortunately Friday was the last night of the season. Sucks because it is starting to cool down at night and would be perfect for racing and the show n shine. It is a little pricey though, 20 bucks to race or show n shine, or 30 for both. General admission is 7 bucks to just watch the race. Maybe next year...

They do it every Friday night from around June to mid September. Unfortunately Friday was the last night of the season. Sucks because it is starting to cool down at night and would be perfect for racing and the show n shine. It is a little pricey though, 20 bucks to race or show n shine, or 30 for both. General admission is 7 bucks to just watch the race. Maybe next year...

man, that does bite...as you mentioned, the weather in the evenings here in Georgia lately has been fantastic. Anything else going on in the upcoming weeks that you'll be attending?

man, that does bite...as you mentioned, the weather in the evenings here in Georgia lately has been fantastic. Anything else going on in the upcoming weeks that you'll be attending?

There is a few local shows this month but not sure I will make it out. Summit racing in Mcdonough has a show/cruise-in almost every Monday night during the summer around 6pm-8pm. It goes for the rest of September and it's usually a pretty good turn out and is free to enter. After September not much goes on until next spring. I'll keep you posted if I hear of any cool events in the future.

Thanks for posting the pic and info. I wish I had known about this. I'd really love to take a couple of laps around AMS!!!!

Yeah it's pretty fun, I got up to about 120. It would be a blast in your KR plus you would do really well in the show as I've never seen one there before. There not too strict suprisingly and they don't even give you instructions before hand. The fine print on the form you sign says no passing but plenty of people do anyway, just not the pace car. You don't realize just how steep the track is until your on it. Feels like your gonna tip over almost. I have a new respect for nascar drivers now. Maybe next year...

Archived