TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HELP: 2010 GT500 Steering wheel noise

alvinlee888

hi guys,

im in asia and bought one 2010 GT500 from california so warranty is definitely out of the question.

my steering wheel when the car is not moving makes a sound when i turn all the way sideways.

noise seems to be coming from the engine area.

steering while the car is moving is not a problem.

im thinking of changing the steering wheel fluid since i heard maybe it needs replacing since it was in the dealer's showroom for quite some time and also transit back to asia.

Could this work or any opinions?

Thanks. Really appreciate all the help.

hi guys,

im in asia and bought one 2010 GT500 from california so warranty is definitely out of the question.

my steering wheel when the car is not moving makes a sound when i turn all the way sideways.

noise seems to be coming from the engine area.

steering while the car is moving is not a problem.

im thinking of changing the steering wheel fluid since i heard maybe it needs replacing since it was in the dealer's showroom for quite some time and also transit back to asia.

Could this work or any opinions?

Thanks. Really appreciate all the help.

first id check it to see if its full--if it isnt fill it up.Is it a squeal or does it sound like somethings hitting,like a tick-tick sound.I dont know if you can reach it,but maybe tighten the conection of the power steering hoses.Id think a good mechanic where you live could diagnose and fix it--doesnt have to be a Ford dealer

Archived