TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone know this car?

chris1049

Hi everyone. I'm looking at buying this GT500 -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270633999558&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Its in Texas and I'll be shipping to the Uk. Just wondered if there's any way of tracing it at all. Bit concerned about the clutch, the dealer says its perfect and has had no work done to it but doesn't know anything about the clutch problem. Its a Jan 08 but built Dec 07 looking at the sticker. I know they're quite rare with the ebony stripe, only 240 or so made so I wondered if anyone knew of it. Looks nice on the pics but I'm taking a bit of a gamble on it not being able to see it in the flesh or test drive it etc.

It comes up clean on the history report so all good there. I hope it works out ok!

Any info would be really helpful.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270633999558&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Its in Texas and I'll be shipping to the Uk. Just wondered if there's any way of tracing it at all. Bit concerned about the clutch, the dealer says its perfect and has had no work done to it but doesn't know anything about the clutch problem. Its a Jan 08 but built Dec 07 looking at the sticker. I know they're quite rare with the ebony stripe, only 240 or so made so I wondered if anyone knew of it. Looks nice on the pics but I'm taking a bit of a gamble on it not being able to see it in the flesh or test drive it etc.

It comes up clean on the history report so all good there. I hope it works out ok!

Out of the 463 red verts 151 had ebony stripes.

Steve

You posted this on the 13th, but when you click on the link it says "SOLD" on the 11th. Did you end up buying this car?

Good to hear your 07 build has been fine so far. I'm not too worried about little bits thay it may need but the clutch is a concern after reading up about it on here. Looks like its been well looked after so I've done the deal and will be shipping it to the UK. I bet it won't think much to our weather!

I'm thinking changing the wheels to powder coated black Alcoa's and maybe the brake upgrade as the red brakes will look superb on it through the wheels. Really looking forward to owning my first V8 after having lots of Fords. This one will be a bit special I hope.

Yes I did - ITS ALL MINE!!!

Please say I'm not crazy? Although you maybe have to be a bit to buy a car thats about 6000 miles away.

What changes (if any) will you have to do to drive it there? What are the Import Fees like?

Import fees are 10% then we have to pay another 17.5% ontop of that. We get taxed very heavily here on everything. It will need to have its lights changed around a bit on the back mainly, lots of people sort it out over here as the Mustang has quite a following in the UK.

Been wanting a Shelby for a while now, looking forward to it.

Archived