TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08 SGT-C/SC on EBAY.... strut brace question

jmn444

Well.... I emailed him, and not sure if he's the owner or a dealer, but linked me to a SS and said that both cars used the "whipple engine lowering kit" to drop the engine down... which after looking at the SGT-C, the front fender gap does look a little bigger, so apparently it's a k-member spacer kit... not sure I like that idea, probably just forget about the STB before going to that extreme... but damn it looks good!

Looks like the V6/Bullitt brace. Stock brace is straight and the V6/Bullitt brace is angled back toward the firewall:

gallery_13043_1123_45667.jpg

It definitely gives more room, but still not enough for the Whipple or Kenne Bell chargers, unless, as you said, you lower the engine.

(It does fit nicely over my E-Force charger! :D )

Sam

Has anyone ever asked Mrfarmdog (John Farmer) if he has made one that will fit an SC'd SGT ?

I believe he has/is making braces for the GT500 crowd that utilize a flat plate material and maybe these would fit. I think I also saw something similar from the Shelby store for the GT500's.

Hey people... saw this on ebay, and would LOVE to buy it, but no more toys for a while....

My big question, this looks like the v6 STB, but I didn't think any braces fit with the whipple, but this one looks to have tons of room, anybody know whats up?

sgt-c/sc

it's back :hysterical: that's Drew's SGT, Tasca did the work on it and lowered the motor. He was askin alot more last year for it. he also claimed to have a one off proto-type Blue Strip GT500SS, boy did they eat him alive on the SS forum last year. Even Amy got involved :slapfight:

ONE THING I NOTICED IS THAT THIS CAR HAS A DIFFERENT ROCKER

PANEL STRIPE THAN MINE DONE FROM SAI. MY CARS STRIPE SAY'S

SHELBY GT/SC. WHERE THIS ONE SAYS SHELBY GT-C/SC ? :headscratch:

ANYWAY THIS CAR LIKE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED HAS GOT ME :headscratch:

AND DOES NOT HAVE THE OFFICIALLY AUTHORIZED SUPERCHARGER

PLAQUE UNDER THE HOOD.

SCOTTY

:lurk::lurk::lurk::lurk::lurk:

post-18850-128441320691_thumb.jpg

post-18850-128441320691_thumb.jpg

ONE THING I NOTICED IS THAT THIS CAR HAS A DIFFERENT ROCKER

PANEL STRIPE THAN MINE DONE FROM SAI. MY CARS STRIPE SAY'S

SHELBY GT/SC. WHERE THIS ONE SAYS SHELBY GT-C/SC ? :headscratch:

ANYWAY THIS CAR LIKE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED HAS GOT ME :headscratch:

AND DOES NOT HAVE THE OFFICIALLY AUTHORIZED SUPERCHARGER

PLAQUE UNDER THE HOOD.

SCOTTY

Scotty: I have an 08 SGT and I replaced my stock Shelby STB with a 6 cylinder strut tower brace in order to give me more clearnace above the engine to permit me to add a Bang-A-Stang plenum cover to my 4.6. I've talked to several people and apparently this brace will clear a Kenny Bell supercharger, but not a Ford Racing one. At the Saturday Shelby Show on the Santa Monica pier the Shelby rep indicated a thinner STB was being developed to work with any of the mod shop blower installations. We'll see. Anyway, here are a couple of shots of the 6 cylinder STB, apparently this is the same brace that was stock on the Bullet Mustangs (???).

I also asked about the Shelby Valve covers, he said they are close to having these available (that has been discussed in another thread on this forum). Again, we'll see what comes out when the new catelog gets published.

Bob

4.6 SHLB

&

57 AGIN

:lurk::lurk::lurk::lurk::lurk:

post-28691-128441743859_thumb.jpg

post-28691-128441745592_thumb.jpg

post-28691-128441743859_thumb.jpg

post-28691-128441745592_thumb.jpg

Archived