TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Some Interesting Statistics

Madlock

I was looking across a broad sampling of 2011 GT500's in existence - enough to be an accurate representation of the entire model year thus far, and have noted some very interesting trends among the preferences they reflect (albeit they also reflect dealers' - and not just custom buyers' preferences).

Not surprisingly, Black is far and away the most common color - more than 2:1 over the next popular color, Race Red - which is marginally, but notably, more popular than the 2nd and 3rd Runners Up, Kona Blue and Performance White. Far behind in 5th and 6th places are Sterling Gray and Ingot Silver, respectively. Only about 1 in 25 GT500's are Grabber Blue.

The SVTPP has proved to be hugely popular with about 3/4 of all GT500's being so-equipped. What's even more remarkable, however, is that the general color popularity does not fall uniformly across vehicles with the SVTPP and baseline GT500's. In fact, the difference is quite substantial.

For SVTPP vehicles, Black and Race Red are even MORE popular - mostly at the expense of Kona Blue which falls well behind Performance White to be only slightly more popular than Sterling Gray.

However, for baseline GT500's, Kona Blue is every bit as popular as Black, both of which are twice as popular as Race Red, Performance White, and Sterling Gray Metallic, each of which, for all intents and purposes, are equally popular among the non-SVTPP crowd. Ingot Silver is only slightly more common than Grabber Blue in this group.

As far as popularity of the SVTPP within colors, about 85% of Black, Grabber Blue, Race Red, and Ingot Silver GT500's come with the SVTPP. Among Performance White and Sterling Gray GT500's the SVTPP is slightly less popular. However, among Kona Blue GT500's only slightly more than half are equipped with the SVTPP.

What does any of this mean? I have no idea. But I didn't expect Grabber Blue to be SO disproportionately rare, or expect Kona Blue to be the least "track equipped" of the colors.

Archived