TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tried to take some fancy pics

Dubbs

Admittedly, a few of your pictures are a bit busy, but you should always try to go shoot what you're thinking about shooting. Take it or leave it, but I have generally found it very difficult to shoot a black car in bright light or sunlight. Dark overcast skys with fairly dark backgrounds usually work better for a black car over beaches and golf courses.

A couple of those have potential. The one from the back near the round fence caught my eye. Maybe work on the lighting and time of day. Instead of standing and looking down on the car, try to get low and catch some of the suns reflection off the car. An overcast but bright day gives you the best shots. I'm no pro, but I've gotten a few tips from friends who are and I've worked with those in mind.

Here's one I did recently.

83015738.jpg

These pics SUCK. Take some photography courses and then try again.

Nobody likes a donkey...unless you're looking to not walk through the Grand Canyon...those people like donkeys.

Be constructive and help the guy out if you can do better and tell him what he should think about next time. Life is too short and way too stressful to tell someone they suck unless they've done something mean, hurtful of caused a truely negative impact to your day. You cannot say that looking at his pictures did that because you choose to click on the thread link. Wait till some guy who probably should be driving a cab pulls his Impala right into your driver's side door trying to do a lane change coming up to a red light going 10 MPH on your way to work before you start telling him he sucks. That guy sucked, sucked in the worst way I might add.

Nobody likes a donkey...unless you're looking to not walk through the Grand Canyon...those people like donkeys.

Be constructive and help the guy out if you can do better and tell him what he should think about next time. Life is too short and way too stressful to tell someone they suck unless they've done something mean, hurtful of caused a truely negative impact to your day. You cannot say that looking at his pictures did that because you choose to click on the thread link. Wait till some guy who probably should be driving a cab pulls his Impala right into your driver's side door trying to do a lane change coming up to a red light going 10 MPH on your way to work before you start telling him he sucks. That guy sucked, sucked in the worst way I might add.

You guys are right. I have seen the error of my ways. Here it goes.....

Dear Dubbs,

I wish to apologize for my earlier post. I was reckless when I said your photographs suck. They did not "suck", they merely failed to show the brillance that is your GT500. I spoke with a blackened heart and disregard for your feeling so I hope you were not seriously offended. I am glad some of the members were able to guide me to this conclusion in a way that caused me to sit back and reflect on my words. I want to thank BDrool and F 150 Duke for this, and the other members who tried to steer the conversation away from my comment.

Dear Dubbs,

I wish to apologize for my earlier post. I was reckless when I said your photographs suck. They did not "suck", they merely failed to show the brillance that is your GT500. I spoke with a blackened heart and disregard for your feeling so I hope you were not seriously offended. I am glad some of the members were able to guide me to this conclusion in a way that caused me to sit back and reflect on my words. I want to thank BDrool and F 150 Duke for this, and the other members who tried to steer the conversation away from my comment.

LOL, at least you have a sense of humor! :hysterical:

These pics SUCK. Take some photography courses and then try again.

Dear Dubbs,

oh man!...no need to apologize.....i was laughing my ass off and did not take it seriously

thanks for all the tips...I hope to post better pics in the near future

love the car--agree with previuos comments about an overcast day being better for a black car--couple other suggestions, to show the grill better,id force a flash so you can see it better--might make the background juxtapoaition with the grill pattern better.You might try adjusting the gamma and/or the brightness to get batter contrast--also the saturatiion adjusment may make the colors deeper.the only way to learn,especially with digital pics,is to try differnt things--keep trying---bob

Pics look good enough, but the car looks great! I love the look of the rocker stripe with no over the hood stripes. Reminds me of the 67/68's with no stripes. I'm looking to do the same thing, but can't find a suitable place for the rocker stripes. I suppose I could purchase the full kit, but that would be an incredible investment just for the rockers.

Nice looking car!

Archived