TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Beauty and the Beast!

Goats4ever

I hope no one chastises me for posting a non-Ford product, but I think you will agree the comparsion is striking and appealing. I had to show this unique color to the forum.

Beauty= 2010 Furious Fuschia Dodge SRT8 six speed Challenger; #14 of 400 SRT8's built. How about the parchment interior accents?

Beast= 2008 Shelby GT500 725HP 427 Special Edition Super Snake, #215 or 427 scheduled to be built. The SS has beauty too, but it just looks so much more meaner than the Challenger!

Now if Dodge would only get the gonads to slip a blower in the Challenger like the stock Shelby GT500.... :banghead:

post-20207-128432930874_thumb.jpg

post-20207-128432933041_thumb.jpg

post-20207-128432943819_thumb.jpg

post-20207-128432930874_thumb.jpg

post-20207-128432933041_thumb.jpg

post-20207-128432943819_thumb.jpg

Earlier this summer one of my former coworkers bought a Hemi Challenger RT, so I drove the Mustang over to take a look at it. This is the first time that I saw his car and the first time the he saw mine. The Mustang wins hands down with its aggressive looks, and you can see the massive engine, the Challenger has a shroud over its engine.

arielview010.jpg

I like these two cars also....................

Picture-2.jpg

The Super Snake @ 300 additional horsepower is definitely the Beast. The SRT-8, with its comfort level above the GT500 is definitely Beautiful. I like Red, it's Hot, it doesn't get old, and it sells well when that time comes. My next and equal color choice would have been a B5 Blue Trak Pak optioned SRT-8. Gotta have a 6spd and a 3.92 gear (Trak Pak option) in a car like this..........and then of course a 425 horse 6.1L

No plastic engine cover on the 6.1L 425 horse SRT-8, only on the 5.7L 375 horse R/T.

The standard folding side mirrors are nice too. Another very nice standard feature on the SRT-8, in addition to tilt wheel, it also has telescopic wheel, Nice!!

R

I like these two cars also....................

Picture-2.jpg

The Super Snake @ 300 additional horsepower is definitely the Beast. The SRT-8, with its comfort level above the GT500 is definitely Beautiful. I like Red, it's Hot, it doesn't get old, and it sells well when that time comes. My next and equal color choice would have been a B5 Blue Trak Pak optioned SRT-8. Gotta have a 6spd and a 3.92 gear (Trak Pak option) in a car like this..........and then of course a 425 horse 6.1L

No plastic engine cover on the 6.1L 425 horse SRT-8, only on the 5.7L 375 horse R/T.

The standard folding side mirrors are nice too.

R

That red SS was my second choice of color; awesome! Here's a 2009 B5 Blue "Spring Special" SRT8 six speed with all the goodies you mentioned.

post-20207-128433970801_thumb.jpg

post-20207-128433970801_thumb.jpg

That red SS was my second choice of color; awesome! Here's a 2009 B5 Blue "Spring Special" SRT8 six speed with all the goodies you mentioned.

The SRT-8 Challenger can be a Beast also, with just a few thousand spent....................mid-10's 130+ mph.

http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/dodge/Challenger/challenger.htm

R

The SRT-8 Challenger can be a Beast also, with just a few thousand spent....................mid-10's 130+ mph.

http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/dodge/Challenger/challenger.htm

R

My buisness partner has a Challenger with the Kenne Bell blower (same blower as the SS). He put a smaller pulley on the car and had it custom tuned. It puts down a very respectable 507 at the tire. Its a nice car, but not in the same "beast" catagory as an SS. We took them both to the Texas Mile last year. His best run was 160 even. The SS broke 190. I like the Challengers, but they are heavy!!

My buisness partner has a Challenger with the Kenne Bell blower (same blower as the SS). He put a smaller pulley on the car and had it custom tuned. It puts down a very respectable 507 at the tire. Its a nice car, but not in the same "beast" catagory as an SS. We took them both to the Texas Mile last year. His best run was 160 even. The SS broke 190. I like the Challengers, but they are heavy!!

I wonder what KB is doing different, much different, that reflects the numbers that they show on their dyno results (which are much higher than 507 rwhp)? They claim it is a completely stock 425 horse SRT-8 except the 2.8H KB and DOT drag radials achieving mid to high 10's.

If the car is only doing 507 at the rear wheels with a KB 2.8H blower add, that is not saying much if it is a 425 horse flywheel motor to start with.

Your friend's Challenger is a 6.1 SRT-8 425 horse? not a 5.7L R/T 375 horse, right?

I agree that the Challengers are heavy, but mid-high 10's (if KB's claims are true from the link I added from their site) on street drag tires, is the same kind of numbers that were posted on a 725 horse SS with M/T street e.t.'s in the Feb. 2009 MM&FF.

Even if the Challenger only gets into the low 11's, that is very respectible for only a blower add and nothing else.

R

I wonder what KB is doing different, much different, that reflects the numbers that they show on their dyno results (which are much higher than 507 rwhp)? They claim it is a completely stock 425 horse SRT-8 except the 2.8H KB and DOT drag radials achieving mid to high 10's.

If the car is only doing 507 at the rear wheels with a KB 2.8H blower add, that is not saying much if it is a 425 horse flywheel motor to start with.

Your friend's Challenger is a 6.1 SRT-8 425 horse? not a 5.7L R/T 375 horse, right?

I agree that the Challengers are heavy, but mid-high 10's (if KB's claims are true from the link I added from their site) on street drag tires, is the same kind of numbers that were posted on a 725 horse SS with M/T street e.t.'s in the Feb. 2009 MM&FF.

Even if the Challenger only gets into the low 11's, that is very respectible for only a blower add and nothing else.

R

I have 2ss camaro,SRT8challenger and a 07SS . challenger has a pro charger 6psi boost 505 at the wheels. it drives the smoothest out of all 3 but no way is it the beast the snake is.I would have to see before i belive the 11s let alone the 10s.All are blk on blk 6speeds

I have 2ss camaro,SRT8challenger and a 07SS . challenger has a pro charger 6psi boost 505 at the wheels. it drives the smoothest out of all 3 but no way is it the beast the snake is.I would have to see before i belive the 11s let alone the 10s.All are blk on blk 6speeds

Like I said above, these are KB's claims on their website from their own tests, nothing to do with Pro Charger or any other brand of super charger add, just KB, the same 2.8H as is installed on the 725 Super Snake.

My question would be...............at what point does the Challenger (a non-S/C'ed car from the factory) become unreliable with a blower add? In other words, how much boost can it handle before it becomes a grenade? From what I have been told by people at KB, the Challenger, at least the SRT-8 variation, responds very well to boost.

In the link I provided to the KB Challenger tests, as they were testing the SRT-8 with different size pulleys I see that the fastest they went on 91-93 octane was 11.33. This was with a 3.25 pulley, 10psi and 571 rwhp. It requires good fuel, 12psi and a 3" pulley for the runs into the 10's.

R

R

Anyone can pump allot of boost and wrap the car out for 5 seconds for a dyno number, but I am told the internals of the Hemi start looking for the sky at much over 8 psi (LS motors are about the same).

Yes, his is a 6.2. Stock for these cars are just north of the 350 range for HP at the tires. Its about a 150HP bump for the KB. Damn good! The difference between the Dodge and the Ford is the Hemi can not handle near the boost of the Ford. He is at 7psi and thats all his Tuner would put to the motor on pump gas (my SS runs 19 on pump gas). To get anywhere near the numbers a 5.4 will handle you will need to build the internals of the Hemi. I am not knocking these cars. They are great cars!! You can say the same for the Camaro. My other buisness partner has a 2010 Hennessy camaro. It put down 480 after Hennesey. Since then It's had work (pulley and extensive dyno tune). He's putting down just over 550 to the rubber and its as far as you want to go without looking for pistons on the side of the road. To get over 500 at the rubber is a big deal. 5 years ago it was near impossible to have 500hp to the tires on a street car! We just need to remember what a crown jewel the 5.4 mod motor is! Never in hystory has a motor come out of the factory that will handle 1000hp with stock internals. It not only moved the bar, it doubled it!

Nice garage!!!

Anyone can pump allot of boost and wrap the car out for 5 seconds for a dyno number, but I am told the internals of the Hemi start looking for the sky at much over 8 psi (LS motors are about the same).

Yes, his is a 6.2. Stock for these cars are just north of the 350 range for HP at the tires. Its about a 150HP bump for the KB. Damn good! The difference between the Dodge and the Ford is the Hemi can not handle near the boost of the Ford. He is at 7psi and thats all his Tuner would put to the motor on pump gas (my SS runs 19 on pump gas). To get anywhere near the numbers a 5.4 will handle you will need to build the internals of the Hemi. I am not knocking these cars. They are great cars!! You can say the same for the Camaro. My other buisness partner has a 2010 Hennessy camaro. It put down 480 after Hennesey. Since then It's had work (pulley and extensive dyno tune). He's putting down just over 550 to the rubber and its as far as you want to go without looking for pistons on the side of the road. To get over 500 at the rubber is a big deal. 5 years ago it was near impossible to have 500hp to the tires on a street car! We just need to remember what a crown jewel the 5.4 mod motor is! Never in hystory has a motor come out of the factory that will handle 1000hp with stock internals. It not only moved the bar, it doubled it!

That is what I have heard also, over 8psi and things can get ugly, but I would guess that this would be expected out of a engine that was not designed for boost from the beginning.

I agree, the 5.4 Ford, at least the GT500 5.4 is built to handle boost and h.p. levels well above the other cars/engines we have discussed. I don't know that a person could take a 5.4 DOHC straight out of a Navigator, bolt a KB 2.8H on it and boost the engine to the 800-1000 h.p. level and expect it to live either, it is not set up for boost to start with, it would require internal mods, things that are standard on a GT500 5.4.

What are people saying about the new ZR1 S/C'ed engine? an engine that was designed for boost from the beginning.

Friends have asked me if I am going to mod the SRT-8? I say no, it is 300 h.p. lower than the Super Snake as it sits right now, and to even get it close in performance would be wayyyy more than I am willing to spend. It is a nice car as it is.

R

That is what I have heard also, over 8psi and things can get ugly, but I would guess that this would be expected out of a engine that was not designed for boost from the beginning.

I agree, the 5.4 Ford, at least the GT500 5.4 is built to handle boost and h.p. levels well above the other cars/engines we have discussed. I don't know that a person could take a 5.4 DOHC straight out of a Navigator, bolt a KB 2.8H on it and boost the engine to the 800-1000 h.p. level and expect it to live either, it is not set up for boost to start with, it would require internal mods, things that are standard on a GT500 5.4.

What are people saying about the new ZR1 S/C'ed engine? an engine that was designed for boost from the beginning.

Friends have asked me if I am going to mod the SRT-8? I say no, it is 300 h.p. lower than the Super Snake as it sits right now, and to even get it close in performance would be wayyyy more than I am willing to spend. It is a nice car as it is.

R

procharger said 6psi of boost was all the6.2 wants before you have to start upgradeing fuel and other parts

R

You are right. The normal 3 valve 5.4 is pushing it's luck above 8psi. Its the DOHC 5.4 (with the forged internals) thats the engineering marvel. You can only find those in the GT's and GT500's. The one in the GT is an animal. Pulley and tune can put 650 at the rubber. I have heard guys in the upper 1400hp range with 100% stock internals.

You are right. The normal 3 valve 5.4 is pushing it's luck above 8psi. Its the DOHC 5.4 (with the forged internals) thats the engineering marvel. You can only find those in the GT's and GT500's. The one in the GT is an animal. Pulley and tune can put 650 at the rubber. I have heard guys in the upper 1400hp range with 100% stock internals.

Lee,

Are you referring to the 2011 GT that is capable of 650HP? If so, that is unreal. And a 2008 5.4 can be juiced up to 1400HP?

Jim

Lee,

Are you referring to the 2011 GT that is capable of 650HP? If so, that is unreal. And a 2008 5.4 can be juiced up to 1400HP?

Jim

No. I am reffering to the car the engine was built for. The sexiest car ever built!! The Ford GT (supercar) Its 5.4 is the top of the food chain of all the 5.4's.

Lee, you still alive? we havent seen you at anything local in quite some time! Dont be a stranger!! I should have a GT350 I'll let you try out in a few weeks. :salute:

As far as the topic at hand, my guess would be the new 5.0 is probably not going to hold up past 650 HP at the crank. Anything more would require some serious engine mods. Then you have to follow the powertrain and address all of those weak spots. But hey, Im happy getting the 624HP GT350. I think it will be more than enough power on that build.

Great read. For me, anything in the 500+hp range is way more than enough. Feathering the clutch on the street with 500+hp is not that much fun for me. Ford did a great job with the 3v 4.6, now D-Coyo's and the D-5.4 is more than I can handle. My hats off to those that can motor the streets, without ripping the tires off with 500+hp. Again, thanks for the read.

Doc :salute:

Lee, you still alive? we havent seen you at anything local in quite some time! Dont be a stranger!! I should have a GT350 I'll let you try out in a few weeks. :salute:

As far as the topic at hand, my guess would be the new 5.0 is probably not going to hold up past 650 HP at the crank. Anything more would require some serious engine mods. Then you have to follow the powertrain and address all of those weak spots. But hey, Im happy getting the 624HP GT350. I think it will be more than enough power on that build.

Summers are always hectic for me. Never seem to have any free time.

I'd love to see your GT350! Beautiful car!!!!! I know the 5.0 will not take the boost of the 5.4, but I hear its good for 8psi. Thats still really nasty and it should out handle an SS. Can't wait to see it! Any of you guys coming to the Texas Mile??

Hey Jim

Great to talk to you today, car looks brillant

I will be in the room between 12-30 and 2-30 most days if you would like to call

Rob

Rob,

Great chatting with you today. Your car will sell for big bucks at the auction and then you can buy both of us a 2011 GT500 and get them Snaked with 800HP on tap! Have fun in FL.

Jim

Rob,

Great chatting with you today. Your car will sell for big bucks at the auction and then you can buy both of us a 2011 GT500 and get them Snaked with 800HP on tap! Have fun in FL.

Jim

[/quot

Thanks Jim

What colour would you like :shift:

No. I am reffering to the car the engine was built for. The sexiest car ever built!! The Ford GT (supercar) Its 5.4 is the top of the food chain of all the 5.4's.

The FGT 5.4 is not the same as the 5.4 in the GT500. The GT500 engine borrowed from it, but the aluminum block, internals, heads, everything on the FGT are way overengineered. There are FGTs running 1000HP on the stock block. It's a good thing that it was way over engineered, and that it's practically impossible to blow a FGT engine since they don't make them any more. There is (was) a whole engine with transaxle on eBay.

The FGT 5.4 is not the same as the 5.4 in the GT500. The GT500 engine borrowed from it, but the aluminum block, internals, heads, everything on the FGT are way overengineered. There are FGTs running 1000HP on the stock block. It's a good thing that it was way over engineered, and that it's practically impossible to blow a FGT engine since they don't make them any more. There is (was) a whole engine with transaxle on eBay.

It would be interesting to see what could be done with an SRT-8 Challenger if $30K-$40K additional $$$ were spent on it after the original $45K + or - investment.

R

I know of one at Mr. Norms where the 800 HP transformation has begun.

I read about that also in the KB link, but we are still back to longevity. I would guess that if someone were to have a $85K to $95K total investment in a SRT-8 Challenger, it could be a Beast also. The difference is, in the Super Snake build the stout engine is there from the factory for huge h.p. In the SRT-8 build, the engine would require a portion of that additional $35K-$45K spent to build it around a blower application.

R

Agree. I have seen stock GT blocks at 1400hp. You can get 1000 at the flywheel on a GT500 in stock form.

Archived