TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2001 shelby gt500 problems

ecwman69

hello fellow shelby fans and owners i have some disturbing issues and pics will follow i wjust picked up y 2011 shelby gt500 loved a smile on face ear to ear just pure driving satisfaction finally got 2000 miles on it. then all hell broke loose. left my favorite hangout for something to eat left the parking lot no burn outs or strit shot it all of sudden my back tire fell off . slid all over the road and finally got it to stop. looked around here my rotor fell off and part of y axle came off with the tire. i wasnt even going fast this disturbed me very much as i driving to go to work on interstates going at least 80 miles per hour. i havent even opened her up at all .fighting with my insurance and now im going to the dealer and saying how the hell did this happen. it appears to be faulty work i am very dissappointed and mad. i was in iraq for a year just so i could pay for this car in cash. now im afraid of it getting fixed and the sae thing happen any help on this matter would be appreciated i writeing shelby hiself and fmco i either want my money back. i just do not trust this vehicle this is supposed to be top of the line and my axle broke with 2000 miles buyers beware

hello fellow shelby fans and owners i have some disturbing issues and pics will follow i wjust picked up y 2011 shelby gt500 loved a smile on face ear to ear just pure driving satisfaction finally got 2000 miles on it. then all hell broke loose. left my favorite hangout for something to eat left the parking lot no burn outs or strit shot it all of sudden my back tire fell off . slid all over the road and finally got it to stop. looked around here my rotor fell off and part of y axle came off with the tire. i wasnt even going fast this disturbed me very much as i driving to go to work on interstates going at least 80 miles per hour. i havent even opened her up at all .fighting with my insurance and now im going to the dealer and saying how the hell did this happen. it appears to be faulty work i am very dissappointed and mad. i was in iraq for a year just so i could pay for this car in cash. now im afraid of it getting fixed and the sae thing happen any help on this matter would be appreciated i writeing shelby hiself and fmco i either want my money back. i just do not trust this vehicle this is supposed to be top of the line and my axle broke with 2000 miles buyers beware

:headscratch: :wacko: ?????

This problem definately belongs to the Big-Fish- Ford as Shelby does not touch the rear axle.There should not be any problems with the dealer on this issue. Let us know your results . Good Luck.

A refund or complete replacement is highly unlikely. The vehicle would have to have been damaged beyond repair to get it replaced. Read your warranty very carefully. You should also check your state's lemon laws, but most will require three or more visits for the same problem before it kicks in.

Again, sorry to hear about this. I'd be livid.

This problem definately belongs to the Big-Fish- Ford as Shelby does not touch the rear axle.There should not be any problems with the dealer on this issue. Let us know your results . Good Luck.

That's really rare. May be some one for got to put a C-clamp inthe rear differential at the assembly plant or while you were in Iraq your girlfriend was having some fun with your car or something. Dude this kind of things don't normally happen and I have been with Mustangs for 20 something years. Hummm

That's really rare. May be some one for got to put a C-clamp inthe rear differential at the assembly plant or while you were in Iraq your girlfriend was having some fun with your car or something. Dude this kind of things don't normally happen and I have been with Mustangs for 20 something years. Hummm

+1 on the first choice. IMO the only way this can occur.

lol....the car would never have made it out of the factory if a c-clip were left out. Sounds to me like an axle failure.

lol....the car would never have made it out of the factory if a c-clip were left out. Sounds to me like an axle failure.

+1

Pictures? How much of axle is attached to the wheel? Has someone opened the diff up yet to see if what is left?

Fortunately I've only broken axles (too many to count ) on full floating truck setups. But no way a car made it out of the factory and 2K miles without a c-clip. Something broke under stress, (might not have been the manuever at the time, stress damage can accumulate over time) or the car was messed with. I have had aftermarket axles that snapped right after purchase under low stress, the manufacture claimed they got a batch that wasn't hardened correctly and sent me new ones.

But yeah, unless someone has been abusing the car, the wheels shouldn't fall off. Run to Ford and start yelling. Given that the damage can't be trivial to cover, I suspect Ford or the insurance company will do some investigative work. Let us know what they find.

Shelby doesn't touch the CAR.

This one's all Ford.

Jer

Not a Shelby issue................like they said.........camp out at the dealer, he should take care of it.

well pics ar coing this car people say its ford regardless this is a piece of shit ill never own another mustang or ford 200 miles andit broke i going not trecomend this car to anybody its at the dealer and the ford engineer is looking at it. im going to get my money back and buy a foreign car. shelbys are worthless and not worth my money cany beleive 2000 miles and it aitn worth a shit

well pics ar coing this car people say its ford regardless this is a piece of shit ill never own another mustang or ford 200 miles andit broke i going not trecomend this car to anybody its at the dealer and the ford engineer is looking at it. im going to get my money back and buy a foreign car. shelbys are worthless and not worth my money cany beleive 2000 miles and it aitn worth a shit

Best of luck!

Jer

No pictures eh? Well it sounds like a fair trade, we a new shelby owner, and you get a turboed civic with a kickin sound system.

hysterical3.gif

Jer

well an update the de3aler had the engineer out there to check it and guess what surprise surprise its not a echanical fault wow i glad i got the extended warranty .dealer is not covering anything they sold me a piece of shit and i get nothing in return guess i should buy a foreign rice burner at least they back up their products.

guess i should buy a foreign rice burner

Yes, you should, for many reasons.

Jer

Try not to sweat it too much (yes it sux). The main thing is noone was hurt or killed. These things can happen to any car manufacturer and are so rare you almost never hear of them. This is the third time in my life I've heard this from a brand new car owner (all had less mileage than yours and were design/application error - none from Ford). Get it fixed under warranty and start enjoying your new kick arse ride (or get a ricer and get = Fried Rice).

they sold me a piece of shit and i get nothing in return guess i should buy a foreign rice burner at least they back up their products.

And probably did it on purpose too. If you tell me the name of the dealer, I'd like to send them a giftcard to Chili's or whatever they have locally. :salute:

And yes, I think a rice burner is more your speed... :talkhand:

Ummm, yeah, well anyways, thanks for the story told in broken english and the pictures we never saw. Hmm, dealer never even mentioned either....yeah, now that I think of it, you are totally B.S.ing us arent you. Ive seen problems with dealers and people out them with a quickness. :slapfight:

This kind of accident with a new car turns out most of the time to be driver error rather than a problem with car. The driver often does genuinely believe that they aren't at fault.

If the orignial poster has evidence that the wheel of his 2K mile, 2011 Ford Shelby GT500 car just fell off, causing an accident, I hope he or his lawyers are talking to the NTSB so that they can get involved in a recall. Ranting incoherently on the Shelby Fan Forum about rice-burners isn't a solution.

Still waiting on pics......

My odds:

Troll - 90% - none of this guys posts pass the smell test and no pictures

Poster can't drive - 9.999999% - too much power pulling out of a parking lot, rear spun out into a curb, wheel-axle-etc. damaged, blame Ford

Wheel just fell off - 0.000001%

This kind of accident with a new car turns out most of the time to be driver error rather than a problem with car. The driver often does genuinely believe that they aren't at fault.

If the orignial poster has evidence that the wheel of his 2K mile, 2011 Ford Shelby GT500 car just fell off, causing an accident, I hope he or his lawyers are talking to the NTSB so that they can get involved in a recall. Ranting incoherently on the Shelby Fan Forum about rice-burners isn't a solution.

Still waiting on pics......

My odds:

Troll - 90% - none of this guys posts pass the smell test and no pictures

Poster can't drive - 9.999999% - too much power pulling out of a parking lot, rear spun out into a curb, wheel-axle-etc. damaged, blame Ford

Wheel just fell off - 0.000001%

You forgot that maybe it was GOD issuing a recall on one of his products that HE wasn't proud of. Ahem.

Jer

Ok, you lose an axle due to "abuse"? Is that what you're saying?

I would love to see some pictures.

A few questions i'd like to ask you.

- How fast were you going when it broke?

- Did you get any hint before it broke? Vibration? Noise?

- Other than losing the axle, any other damage? Body damage?

What was the excuse the dealer gave you as to why it broke?....and how much to repair it?

Archived