TEAM SHELBY FORUM

July 4th sale disappointment

Grunnsetning

I am not gonna mention the vendor because he is a great helpful guy and it isn't his fault.

On July 6th I ordered 2 very popular parts for the 20% (or whatever it was) discount.

I give the store credit, it warned saying it would be 2-4 weeks.

It has now been almost 10 weeks and still nothing. That is SAD.

Needless to say I will never purchase anything ever again from them unless it is a extreme discount.

One of my parts just arrived this week too from the same sale. It happens to the best of them which is why I don't make a big deal out of it...otherwise you will soon not want to order parts from anyone. I'll order again but not until the next sale :)

While I cant be sure because of a lack of info, I would guess that Shelby was told that the parts would arrive in 4-6 weeks. The only other option is that Shelby just "made it up" or flat out lied to you about the delay. I find that highly doubtful myself.

I understand being irritated, and certainly this is the place to vent that irritation, but saying you'll never order from Shelby again because the supplier misinformed Shelby of the length of delay doesn't make a lot of sense to me. headscratch.gif

The Shelby store does have a good history of delays with orders, but I believe that has been one of the big issues being addressed from the top and that significant progress has been made. Obviously not in your case, this time.

While I cant be sure because of a lack of info, I would guess that Shelby was told that the parts would arrive in 4-6 weeks. The only other option is that Shelby just "made it up" or flat out lied to you about the delay. I find that highly doubtful myself.

I understand being irritated, and certainly this is the place to vent that irritation, but saying you'll never order from Shelby again because the supplier misinformed Shelby of the length of delay doesn't make a lot of sense to me. headscratch.gif

The Shelby store does have a good history of delays with orders, but I believe that has been one of the big issues being addressed from the top and that significant progress has been made. Obviously not in your case, this time.

Does it make a lot of sense to bill my credit card immediately? They have had my money for 10 weeks now.

You said it yourself and yet others here find it hard to believe.

Does it make a lot of sense to bill my credit card immediately? They have had my money for 10 weeks now.

It has been explained to me by a number of online vendors that if the items are not in stock and able to be shipped, then it is illegal to bill your credit card. So in a case where there is a 4+ week delay in product shipment, the card should not be billed until the vendor has it in their hands, or they have been informed by their supplier that the item(s) have been drop shipped to the customer.

Please send me your full name and I can see what has happened to your parts. There are two parts that the vendor got overwhelmed on and was unable to meet the demand that the July sale. We have now moved those items from 2-4 weeks to 6-8 weeks until he can get back on track. Once I have your information I will call him right away to see what is happening

• 2 weeks later...

Tried PMing sharon, says she can't receive them. Tommorrow it will be 12 weeks. Ridiculous.

If anyone cares the order number is 14527.

Sharon's PM may be full (I think I know why). Please try calling SPP on the phone (number is here somewhere). Speaking to a real human is much more likely to get you a timely resolution to your problem.

Sharon's PM may be full (I think I know why). Please try calling SPP on the phone (number is here somewhere). Speaking to a real human is much more likely to get you a timely resolution to your problem.

Anything is past the point of speedy.

I did get a quick response via email today saying it was shipped but is there ANYTHING speedy about 11 weeks 6 days?

So I contacted them Wednesday informing them only 1/2 of the order showed up even though

on the 24th I was told this

"The manufacturer has informed be that both items shipped today via UPS."

I was then told

"I will contact the manufacturer today to see why the radiator was not with the shipment."

It is now Saturday and no word.

Archived