TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What makes you feel you have matured?

My wife and I were walking through the mall, and as we were passing by a Spencer's it dawned on me that is has been probably like 20+ years or more since I set foot in there. So the thought occurred that its due to the fact there is nothing of the junk I want in there, LOL! Also walked by the arcade and did not miss slugging quarters away in those machines. That has been at least 25+ years or more I am guesing. But just thought one of those things you don't miss when your older!

svtkeith...I read this thread yesterday and had a little chuckle, but didn't post a response, partly because I was torn with a legitamit one.

If I may hijack your response??? So true. +1000

The mirror comment definately made me chuckle. As far as family and friends that certainly is the prize there! I also would like to hijack that +1000

My initial thoughts were seeing that store and made me realize how in life you see things differently as you age. How you prioritize your life.

Thanks for the input!

One of the things I've noticed is that I now view all sports as totally meaningless.

I used to really look forward to watching hockey and would really get into the game. I still enjoy watching..but I could care less whether the team wins or loses.

I have to laugh at the people that take sports so seriously...the day after their team loses and people are just walking around with their heads down...or those people who are actually willing to get into a fight because someone insulted "their team".

and ugh....sports talk radio...I can't listen to that garbage for a minute anymore. I can't believe that I used to.

One of the things I've noticed is that I now view all sports as totally meaningless.

I used to really look forward to watching hockey and would really get into the game. I still enjoy watching..but I could care less whether the team wins or loses.

I have to laugh at the people that take sports so seriously...the day after their team loses and people are just walking around with their heads down...or those people who are actually willing to get into a fight because someone insulted "their team".

and ugh....sports talk radio...I can't listen to that garbage for a minute anymore. I can't believe that I used to.

Ditto :talkhand:

The question you asked is: "What makes you feel you have matured?"

My answer: Nothing

I still enjoy my friends from my past, and my "new" friends. Throughout the years, I haven't changed all that much. The only difference is the ability to know when to relax, and when to be serious. Life is supposed to be fun so.....live it up !!!

............btw, I still do burnouts...haha !!

I'll have to agree with the sports point. After getting run over by Darth Visor and his Cocks on Saturday, my UGA Bulldogs looked really bad. A game like that, especially at the beginning of the season, would keep me from sleeping for a day or two, and I'd be in a really fowl mood for a while. I've come to realize that there are SO many more important things worth my time than a stupid football game.

Oh, and also +1,000 on the family point.

What makes me feel that I have matured? Nothing, I am one who refuses to grow or at least act old. I still like jokes and pranks and acting 20...wife has a hard time w/ it but deep down I think she likes it to...I have been known to pull off in a parking lot when our favorite song comes on and leave the car doors open while we dance in someone's parking lot.... :happy feet: The whole time she is whispering in my ear, you are crazy....my response, and you love it! Craig

5 years ago I would say its because Im not under the influence half the time anymore.

2 years ago it was because my trips out of the house after midnight were only to buy milk and diapers.

Now I think its because I choose sleep over sex.

God only knows what maturity will mean in another 5 years. :hysterical:

I was just thinking last night how I hardly drink anymore because I may have to get up in the middle of the night with one of the kids. Last Thursday I got all pumped up to go out to a sports bar with the guys to watch the opening game of the NFL, and left at the end of the 3rd quarter because I didnt care who won.

5 years ago I would say its because Im not under the influence half the time anymore.

2 years ago it was because my trips out of the house after midnight were only to buy milk and diapers.

I was just thinking last night how I hardly drink anymore because I may have to get up in the middle of the night with one of the kids. Last Thursday I got all pumped up to go out to a sports bar with the guys to watch the opening game of the NFL, and left at the end of the 3rd quarter because I didnt care who won.

Boy, THIS Post made me feel Old........................ :cry:

Behaving in school and when I was doing a travel camp last year, almost everybody was acting immature and like a bunch of jerks burping loudly in pubilc and running around a restaurant like little kids. May I remind you these guys are around my age, and I was sitting there and got up and left to go somewhere else.

I also don't complain like a little kid like I did when I was younger anymore.

So, yeah, I sure am growing up and maturing.

Same thing regarding with the mirror and me as well :hysterical:

Warren, you need to get to the Dr. ASAP....w/ proper medication they can correct these problems for you! :hysterical:

My wife and I were walking through the mall, and as we were passing by a Spencer's it dawned on me that is has been probably like 20+ years or more since I set foot in there. So the thought occurred that its due to the fact there is nothing of the junk I want in there, LOL! Also walked by the arcade and did not miss slugging quarters away in those machines. That has been at least 25+ years or more I am guesing. But just thought one of those things you don't miss when your older!

Not wetting my bed anymore !!!!

Well, the FIRST time I matured........when I was able to wipe my own A$$...............................

The SECOND time was when I was able to step on a Peddle instead of rotate a peddle to go some where ...............................

The THIRD time was when I was asked a question and answered with "I DO".................

The FORTH time was when I was asked a question and answered with "Irreconcilable Differences".............................

I am still waiting for the FIFTH one...........................

:bag:

Well, the FIRST time I matured........when I was able to wipe my own A$$...............................

The SECOND time was when I was able to step on a Peddle instead of rotate a peddle to go some where ...............................

The THIRD time was when I was asked a question and answered with "I DO".................

The FORTH time was when I was asked a question and answered with "Irreconcilable Differences".............................

I am still waiting for the FIFTH one...........................

:bag:

Hahahaha!

btw...the rotating pedal, was that a tricycle or a Big Wheel? This will show your age!! :)

Archived