TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tire options

Cdvision

Who has tried different tires on their 2010 GT500 on the stock rims? It appears to me that the biggest limitaion on a stock GT500 are the tires (and my driving ability. lol) What are some good options that others have tried? Let me know what you folks think.

If you are at stock power levels or just a tune the Hankook V12s will help you hookup better as it's a better street tire and cheap.

+1 on the Hankooks.

I run 275 40-18s F&R on GT500 wheels with 490rwhp. They work well on the street and great on the track.

Well 18s are different with the added sidewall. Using 19s and not changing the rear gear ratio is a much different story than the 18s or going to a taller 19 tire than stock. The 19s are very restrictive as far as selection on tire choices using the stock rim. About the best I could find for a"street tire" for the stock rims on a 2010 off the launch: BFGoods KDW2s 295/35/19; the tread is also very aggressive & soft at 25ish psi on the street. Check the reviews and all the stories of those at the track breaking the stock DSs after heating them up. Lower the pressure and clean them, you'll get pretty nice bite on the street or track for non dr/slick tires. Of course that is depending on your mods. If your stock or up to a stage 2, pretty much no problemo. I've heard the Hankook V12s are more for overall performance and ride quality vs off the dig. But they are much less expensive, probably 1/2 the price. I personally like the combo: PS2s/V12s in the front and KDW2s or something softer in the rear for a street set up for balanced performance (that's what I have with zero complaints).

Archived