TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

07SGT4545

Looks like there is one less black 07 Shelby GT in the world.

Found this wrecked 07 Shelby GT within an hour of my house. It's pretty well destroyed. Guy is parting it out, so I bought the hood (for an extra scoop even though it is the early design) :cry: and i got the PBF badges off the fenders.

Somebody may want pass this along to the registry

post-24536-128414553494_thumb.jpg

post-24536-128414553569_thumb.jpg

post-24536-128414553676_thumb.jpg

post-24536-128414553769_thumb.jpg

post-24536-128414553871_thumb.jpg

post-24536-12841455394_thumb.jpg

post-24536-128414553494_thumb.jpg

post-24536-128414553569_thumb.jpg

post-24536-128414553676_thumb.jpg

post-24536-128414553769_thumb.jpg

post-24536-128414553871_thumb.jpg

post-24536-12841455394_thumb.jpg

:doh::cry:

Wow.. is this about the worst one we've seen? Or..?

That thing got it from both ends.. I was gonna see if the guy would sell a spare rim.. but, yeah, they are all damaged..

Anything else worth salvaging? Engine? Tranny?

Yeah, It took a pretty big hit. Engine,trans and rear end all "look" to be ok. All the wheels are damaged in some way. Maybe a couple useable ones but no nice ones. Would you believe it did NOT deploy the airbags!!! RH Door & fender appear to be good. Black leather non-heated seats would probably clean up but currently have about an inch of dirt on them. As for the Shelby or Ford racing stuff.....Still has cold air kit, strut tower brace, rear sway bar and rear shocks. LH rear muffler was knocked off and thrown inside on the floor. LH front suspension is hit hard so strut & sway bar are bent. Shelby scuff plates are there but the driver door wont open so it will take some effort to get that one. As shown in the pics the dash & underhood plaque are still there. Floor mats were already gone. That's about all I can think of off hand

Looks like there is one less black 07 Shelby GT in the world.

Found this wrecked 07 Shelby GT within an hour of my house. It's pretty well destroyed. Guy is parting it out, so I bought the hood (for an extra scoop even though it is the early design) :cry: and i got the PBF badges off the fenders.

Somebody may want pass this along to the registry

HOLY SMOKES!!! What did this guy hit??? The antenna still looks good and the hood scoop is still intact...probably slightly warped but it survived the impact!

Always so sad to see.

I also hope the driver was OK...

Jeer

I wonder if he's sell you the CSM plates to keep them from going on a clone?

I'm sure he would......He doesn't really know much about the car. This guy just bought it from the towing company to make a buck. That's one reason I got the Scoop and fender badges as soon as I could. I was considering trying to buy the whole car and parting it out myself, but not sure my budget can handle it right now.

All the wheels are damaged in some way. Maybe a couple useable ones but no nice ones.

Kind of a dumb question.... just how bad are the wheels? Reason being, I know there are companies out there that can repair them back to new. I was considering buying two of them and having them widened. I don't know what the cost would be but I want to keep the car original looking. Any thoughts, without being flamed?

Kind of a dumb question.... just how bad are the wheels? Reason being, I know there are companies out there that can repair them back to new. I was considering buying two of them and having them widened. I don't know what the cost would be but I want to keep the car original looking. Any thoughts, without being flamed?

That would have been a great idea......I'm sure at least two of them would have been useable for that, but unfortunately I just contact the guy and he already sold the remainder of the car. He said some guy from Indiana bought it. I'm glad I got the scoop & fender badges when I did!

That would have been a great idea......I'm sure at least two of them would have been useable for that, but unfortunately I just contact the guy and he already sold the remainder of the car. He said some guy from Indiana bought it. I'm glad I got the scoop & fender badges when I did!

I would have taken the door panels also with my hammer I could have fixed and some rattle can paint :hysterical:

The driver hit the windshield wonder if his seatbelt was on and thats another thing about airbags if the bumper is missed at impact the bags dont go off. That should be changed just like in the news a couple was about to be hit head on and his wife was pregnant he swerved so he took the full impact on his side the airbags never went off cause the car got hit on the drivers front corner missing the airbag sensors. But he knew if he hit head on that between the airbag hit and even impact can kill the baby if anything. Thats why a firm suspension gives you less of a dip in hard braking. Less damage and bags protect you.

I would have taken the door panels also with my hammer I could have fixed and some rattle can paint :hysterical:

The driver hit the windshield wonder if his seatbelt was on and thats another thing about airbags if the bumper is missed at impact the bags dont go off. That should be changed just like in the news a couple was about to be hit head on and his wife was pregnant he swerved so he took the full impact on his side the airbags never went off cause the car got hit on the drivers front corner missing the airbag sensors. But he knew if he hit head on that between the airbag hit and even impact can kill the baby if anything. Thats why a firm suspension gives you less of a dip in hard braking. Less damage and bags protect you.

Yes, That was a very tragic story. Airbag systems have improved alot over the years, but there is still room for improvement. There does not seem to be a consistant science behind some of these systems but usually the crash sensor does not have to be impacted for the airbags to deploy. Lots of cars don't even have remote mounted sensors. They have a centrally located module that senses impact and then decides whether or not to deploy the bags (and also which bags to deploy) depending on the angle of impact. I have seen lots of cars (including Mustangs) that have deployed their airbags without the crash sensor being physically impacted.

you said he is parting it? is the cold air intake any good? i need another what would he take on it?

He already sold the car to someone in Indiana. Keep an eye out.....that stuff might start popping up on ebay or craigslist....or maybe even on here!

Archived